PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning > Teeth of Naros
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview:
+Estimated achievement difficulty: 2/10
+Offline: 6 (150)
+Approximate amount of time to 150: 3-4 hours
+Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
+Number of missable achievements: 1 (The Harder They Fall)
+Do cheat codes disable achievements? No codes
+Does difficulty affect achievements? No
+Glitchy achievements? Murder Most Fowl
+Unobtainable achievements? None
+Extra equipment needed? No

Introduction:
For decades the Kollossae, a proud people of faith and large stature, have wandered the face of Amalur in pursuit of the destiny that is due to them, but all does not appear right. Upon your expedition to Teeth of Naros, Secandra and her band of Kollossae warriors require your help to solve the riddle of the Titans. A mysterious force beckons the Kollossae toward a destiny they may not entirely want nor are ready to embrace. Take on a crucible of faith filled with fantastic new enemies and determine if you are fated to be favored by the gods or forsaken by them. In an epic new journey filled with tons of side quests, adventure through a paradise seen by few, and for good reason. Ascend to the floating city above Teeth of Naros and get a glimpse into the future of Amalur.

Playthrough: There's really not much challenge to these achievements. Just play through however you like, taking care not to 1 shot the Pteryx enemies. Do be careful when you fight Kahrunk for the "The Harder They Fall" achievement as this is the only missable achievement in the DLC. The achievements should only take about 2-3 hours to complete, if that. There's maybe 5 or so hours worth of content in this DLC if you include the other sidequests. All in all, the new areas look really good, there are a few new enemies, some nice armor awarded upon completetion, and an easy 150 gamerscore. I think it's work the 800 MSP. Enjoy.

Murder Most Fowl 25
Kill 50 Pteryx.

Pteryx are bird like creatures that you'll encounter throughout the DLC. I counted 21 of these enemies doing the main quest alone. There are a bunch more of them in the sewers and undersewers. They'll respawn at the Eryie Peak location as well.

People have reported this achievement not popping for them. It's thought that this might be like the Scav achievement from the Dead Kel DLC, where if you 1 shot the enemy, it doesn't register the kill. So make sure you don't use your most powerful abilities/spells on these enemies.

Secret Achievements
The Harder They Fall 20
You've bested Kahrunk without killing his attendants.

*Missable*

Near the beginning of the DLC, you'll have to kill a Jottun Warlord named Kahrunk. He will be assisted by 2 Kobolds during the fight. Simply kill Kahrunk before you kill the Kobolds.

If you miss this achievement, this is the first real quest of the DLC, so reload a save from before you started the DLC if you have one and redo this quest.

We Built this City 50
You helped the Kollossae in the Teeth of Naros break free from their fate.

This achievement is story related and can't be missed.

This achievement is awarded upon completion of the main quest line.

Mistaken Identity 25
You've found a strange Almain who has been hiding in the sewers of Idylla.

You will need to go into the Undersewers for the main quest "Shapen in Iniquity." You'll be going here to retrieve an item from a coffin. Once you've done this, instead of going back out the way you came, continue down the path through the Undersewers. You'll eventually be able to jump down a hole to where this Almain is living. He's really the only NPC in the area, so you can track him on your map by searching for the white arrow.

Beam Me Up 25
Used the Henge to enter Idylla.

This achievement is story related and can't be missed.

You'll get this achievement during the "Rites of Passage" quest. As soon as you use the Henge to travel to Idylla, the achievement will pop.

I Regret Nothing 5
Fell to your death from the Idylla Concourse.

You can do this as soon as you first get to Idylla. When in Idylla, there's a huge pit in the middle of the city. Simply walk up to the edge, and press the command to jump off. You'll die and the achievement will pop. Save beforehand of course. This may seem missable because at a certain point during the main quest, the city becomes inaccessible. After completion of the main quest line however, you'll gain access to the city again and can jump to your death as you please.

Last edited by Sting7785; 07-30-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Sting7785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
ndf9876

CheesyPotatoPie's Gamercard
Can I suggest that for 'The Harder They Fall' it's a breeze to enter Fateshift and knock him down! If I remember correctly, once the boss was down (still in Fateshift), the achievement popped, and I finished off the attendants in the same Fateshift.
ndf9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
romanzad

romanzad's Gamercard
thanks a lot for the guide, going to start this dlc tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Robot God

Robot God's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndf9876 View Post
Can I suggest that for 'The Harder They Fall' it's a breeze to enter Fateshift and knock him down! If I remember correctly, once the boss was down (still in Fateshift), the achievement popped, and I finished off the attendants in the same Fateshift.
His attendants never even attacked me.When I killed him and got the achievement they started to move.
Robot God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
Sting7785

blandmr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot God View Post
His attendants never even attacked me.When I killed him and got the achievement they started to move.
Same for me. They just stayed back, presumably casting buffs or healing him, but he was dead quickly, so it didn't matter.
Sting7785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #6
some Irish guys

some Irish guys's Gamercard
This guide is well done and very helpful, I would increase the approximate time for completion to 4-5 hours though. Even on the easiest difficulty, the enemies have a decent amount of health and you can't resort to 1-shot magic because then you wouldn't get the Pteryx achievement. Otherwise, the guide is pretty much perfect.

Also, the Kobolds weren't attacking me either at the missable achievement, they were just supporting the boss with buffs.

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James
some Irish guys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
Rasjr12

Send a message via AIM to Rasjr12

rasjr12's Gamercard
Well done on the guide Sting.

Yea the Kobold's never even moved when I did the fight.

Rasjr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:51 AM   #8
Kaby62

Send a message via AIM to Kaby62

Kaby62's Gamercard
Glitched Storyline Quest

Hi all!
I wanted to draw attention to a problem I had during the Shapen in Iniquity quest. The quest tasks you with, at one point, collecting three pteryx vanes. Well I made the mistake of running ahead of my partner during that quest into a cave which did not trigger my companion to follow me and resulted in that person remaining stuck and locking me out of the quest and preventing me from eventually getting the “We Built this City” achievement. I restarted the DLC, carefully allowing my companion to proceed ahead of me at all times and was able to unlock the achievement. Just a heads up because this cost me about four hours of game time and I’d hate to have it happen to someone else, as referred to here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVbZJkykdkE

Happy gaming!
Kaby62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #9
TwistedFate

Bobo daMunkee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You might want to add that 'Mistaken Identity' requires Detect Hidden to be high enough to detect and open hidden doors.

TwistedFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Siziol

Siziolvec's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasjr12 View Post
Well done on the guide Sting.

Yea the Kobold's never even moved when I did the fight.
Same, they stayed behind the battle with their staff's raised.
Siziol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #11
devoidofreality

DevoidOfReality's Gamercard
The Harder They Fall gliched on me, luckily, as I killed the Kobolds first and it still popped.
devoidofreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
redsmoke7

redSmoke7's Gamercard
thanks for the guide. does anyone know a good place to farm the pteryx kills? (other than the eryie)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #13
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I should get this DLC before 38 Studios decide to take it down. Thanks for the guide.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 AM   #14
ThatGuy113

ExtraSilverBall's Gamercard
Great guide. Helped a bunch finishing up the 1300 so I can give my dad his game back. Thanks a lot.

46 arcade titles completed. Latest - Magic 2014 DotP.

27 wizard modes completed in Pinball FX2. Latest - Boba Fett.
ThatGuy113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
BluStorm3D

BluStorm3D's Gamercard
Thanks made it very quick...
BluStorm3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #16
1001puppys
Queen's Final Reign

Send a message via Skype™ to 1001puppys

x1001x Puppys's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   Community Gaming - Silver   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
For anyone still looking for the pteryx kills, I ended up on 33 kills from just following main storyline. There is a place that is not part of main quest called Nerotelos that has at least 15 in there, and it may help you mop up the remaining few.

Also, I can confirm that if your partner kills the pteryxs before you do in the quest to get the feathers, it will not credit you with a kill.

10,000 achievements obtained 6/24/14 with Maximum Efficiency - WET!
1001puppys is offline   Reply With Quote