PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Wrecked: Revenge Revisited
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
If you care about gaming, please avoid this game.

I really really hope most people pass on Wrecked, if not to send a message to microsoft that we aren't stupid enough to pay premium for bad games that sell based on greedy tactics of unclear release dates ("hey maybe if we mysteriously don't release Pinball Arcade or Minecraft or any of the games people actually want, they'll buy this crap").

I guess microsoft figures that by holding back games people actually wanted to play they'll get more impulse buys on titles they know no one really wants, like Wrecked.

In the end this is only going to lose the interest of more focused gamers, who will just shrug off the fact that Microsoft NEVER has their dates right and just move on to a different console.

So PLLEAASE if you care at all about seeing stuff like ports of Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, or getting innovative games like Minecraft or Pinball Arcade on time (instead of elusive release dates that move around just to solicit unwarranted hype) then you will spread the word to every casual gamer you know to drop their impulse buy money somewhere else.

Oh, and just to stay on topic about the game. I've played and loved all the Micro Machines top-down racers as well as the Super Sprint and Badlands arcade classics, and I have to say this is hands down the WORST and most BORING top-down racing game probably ever made, the fact that it's 12000 points crowns this as the biggest joke on the marketplace. You can get racers twice this good for 80 points on the Indie game marketplace. It really is that bad.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
IEvil IMonkey
 
IEvil IMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 2,656

IEvil IMonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
12000msp??? Surely you mean 1200msp

Personally I'm waiting for Bang Bang Racing.... Looks x100 better than this tosh!!
__________________
333 GAMES COMPLETED (NOT INC DLC)
128 Retail127 XboxLIVE 64 WP 14 W8
IEvil IMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 639

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Agreed. This game is so far beyond abysmal that it needs new words created to describe it. Okay, maybe not that bad, but it's pretty bad. The day one DLC, that only serves the purpose of bringing a tiny game up to even halfway decent content standards and is basically just a way for them to charge 1600 for the full game, doesn't exactly help.

Word is probably going to get out that the game is terrible but a very easy and short 200, but people, hold off and wait until the inevitable price reduction at least. Don't make our mistake and give them too much money for this POS.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Yes, I got a little hyper on the 0 key. Bang Bang Racing does look really fun. I'm a fan of the genre which is probably why Wrecked has me so riled up.. it's just so.. BAD, who in their right mind thought anything over 10 bucks would be a decent price for it?
(not to mention Pinball Arcade and some other actually decent games got delayed, I'm guessing because they were afraid they wouldn't get any impulse-buys for Wrecked if actual good games came out the same day?)
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 639

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
In the case of Kung Fu Strike, the other game that was supposed to come out today, I think it looks like they didn't want to release two godawful games in one day and thus creating the lowest point in XBLA sales history even though this is supposed to be a high season for them. Better to spread the horror and lessen the impact.

If my guess is anywhere near correct and Kung Fu Strike is as bad as it looks, that might be bad news for this port of Pinball Arcade too...
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Yeah, I hadn't heard much about Kung Fu Strike, but I know there's at least at least a couple people out there who were ready to drop 10 bucks on some classic Pinball. If that were out then there'd be at least -some- purchases on XBLA today.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Capn Franky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83

Capn Franky's Gamercard
Do any of you have any friends, at all, like any?

[quote] I really really hope most people pass on Wrecked, if not to send a message to microsoft that we aren't stupid enough to pay premium for bad games that sell based on greedy tactics of unclear release dates ("hey maybe if we mysteriously don't release Pinball Arcade or Minecraft or any of the games people actually want, they'll buy this crap").[\quote]

What unclear release date? This game has been tweeted about, had its own blog, Facebook page updated with news about it going into submission, getting returned to fit in with Microsofts policy, which, if you knew anything about the release of a game (Which I put money on that you don't) onto the 360, then you will know it is harder than finding an 18 year old virgin in Amsterdam.

People only buy what they want, not just because it's released on a WEDNESDAY, you know a day when everyone is online and has a weekend to play it, oh no, I'm thinking of Friday.....

It's not even received any announcement on the dashboard, you have to look for new releases to actually see it there, so its not like Microsoft are forcing it down everyone's throat.


Quote:
So PLLEAASE if you care at all about seeing stuff like ports of Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, or getting innovative games like Minecraft or Pinball Arcade on time (instead of elusive release dates that move around just to solicit unwarranted hype) then you will spread the word to every casual gamer you know to drop their impulse buy money somewhere else.
All old games and most in development for ports wether this game sells or not, it saddens me more that you would rather play an old game than a new title, and I wondered why so many remakes are coming out.

How you can bitch at a game without actually purchasing it and giving it a decent amount of time to get used to it (Which again I know for a fact you havn't due to your mindset of "It's Microsoft trying to scam us!" which has tarnished your enjoyment) then you would realise this game is mechanically sound.

Play the game, play the remade classic from mashed 'polar wharf' now ice bridge I think, play with friends, enjoy the game. I fail to see any logic in your claim that the pricing for this game is down to Microsoft hoping people buy it out of impulse.....

1200 is the new 800 my friend, get used to it.

As for day 1 DLC I can't stand it, but take that to EA not this studio as this game was finished in August last year, what shall they do? Twiddle their thumbs?

To get a spot with Microsoft for your game to be tested you have to book long in advance, if it gets returned like this did, they get a set time in which to return it otherwise Microsoft will make them wait yet again.

Then they couldn't release the past few months because of house party and Microsoft deciding to wait for that to be over with before releasing it as not to clash with sales, best for all parties and consumer.

EA on the other hand pay yearly for a 365 day access to put a game into submission whenever they wish, yet they still turn out day one DLC. Learn about the industry before you make childish, pathetic claims.

If you boycott this game because you think it's a conspiracy you might aswell wear a tinfoil helmet.
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #8
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Ouch, sorry to offend you but, it's just like, my opinion, man. Are you sure your parents don't work for this company because you're extremely defensive about someone elses opinion on a game that resembles an indie marketplace title.

Also, if you actually read (if you can), I never said anything about the release date of this particular game, other than pointing out how other games are pushed back in hopes that this game will get more impulse buys.

Honestly, think about it, do you think its a coincidence that they pushed back a couple 800 point games (that will still manage to be better and more original than this crap) and left this overpriced mess as the only offering this week? If Pinball Arcade or any other mediocre offering had come out for 800 points on the same day, then Wrecked wouldn't get any of the impulse buys that the company is hoping to get (and we all know the only purchases towards this will be impulse ones).

Basically what I'm trying to point out is that this game is bad and Microsoft knows it, that's why they're trying to help it out a little. Meanwhile, actual gamers who were looking forward to something to play are left to wonder why this is even available.

My opinion still stands, and I still reserve the right to think yours is wrong. Thanks for trying though.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #9
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
1200 is the new 800 my friend, get used to it.
It's really depressing to see that there are still people who believe this. Most good arcade games coming out still have 800 point pricetags (stuff like Shoot Many Robots, or classics like Simpsons arcade) and a good amount of 1200 point games end up being not that good and sell initial copies because of ridiculous amounts of unwarranted hype and are almost INSTANTLY discounted (Swarm, Deathspank games, Scary Girl and of course, Wrecked come to mind, a handful of others I can't be assed to remember the name of. But even pretty good to really good 1200 point games like Stacking or Choplifter HD seem to almost instantly drop to the standard 800 point range that most people will get it at.

They probably figure they can get away with 1200 points at first due to poopsockers waiting passionately for their next fix of digital gaming (A.k.a, impulse buys).

If you really think 1200 is the new 800, then you truly are a slave to the system, as well as a slave to bad games.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #10
Capn Franky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83

Capn Franky's Gamercard
Meanwhile, actual gamers who were looking forward to something to play are left to wonder why this is even available.

Actuall gamers? For a start, dismount and realise you speak for the minority, not the majority. The game was not pushed back for that reason, I reinstate that you don't know how the process for release goes so you can't comment with your idiotic dribble!

Are the other games pushed back because of resubmission? Or to allow wrecked to be released first due to their long wait for release? Either way it's got sod all to do with Microsoft expecting everyone to buy it on impulse, the entire statement is laughable!

It's not often more than one arcade game gets released on the same day anyway.

No I don't work or have any relations with the company but I am inside the industry and seeing so called and I quote "Actuall gamers" respond to a long awaited sequel to a last gen gem, 'mashed' in such an idiotic way, it offends me and everyone who works in the industry.

The game is perfectly fine, some improvements over mashed, some steps in the wrong direction but a title better than any of the other similar games that are out. Play it how it's supposed to be played, with 1-3 friends and you will soon understand, after all you don't buy BF3 for the single player now do you?

http://www.supersonic-ftp.co.uk/wordpress/

Edit: 1200 is the new 800 end of. Minecraft 1600, trials 1200, now with the gamer score jumped up from 2-400 you will soon see the price become more frequent.

Last edited by Capn Franky; 03-29-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #11
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Yeah, this guy definetely has a hard-on for the company. I've never seen someone to adamant about defending such a bad game. If you read these forums, or any forums for that matter, you'll soon understand that my opinion on this game and its pricing is NOT the minority, not when in comes to XBLA titles. And for the record you're right, I didn't buy BF3 for the singleplayer, infact I didn't buy it at all because I'm a gamer. I play games, not hype.

The only time a 1200 point pricetag is justified is when the game at least has stellar presentation (Sine Mora obviously jumps to the front of my mind). There's plenty of games that are worth 1200, but Wrecked is far from one of those. Anyone comparing the quality difference between Wrecked and most other 1200 point games can see how plainly obvious this is.

Yes, Trials Evolution is 1200, because it's a big game with a lot of content that people already know and love the formula for, are you honestly trying to say Wrecked deserves to be in the same price range as Trials? Because honestly that's laughable.
Now get back to your crappy console FPSes, kid.

Last edited by CueZee; 03-29-2012 at 12:37 AM. Reason: derp
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #12
Capn Franky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83

Capn Franky's Gamercard
People that are happy with products are less likely to be vocal, it's the unhappy ones that take to the Internet to bitch and moan.

Why are you so mad at the pricing? It's 9.50 on the PS3, depending on where you get your points, even if you buy them via the Xbox it still works out at a pretty similar price, so blame Microsoft all you want, it's not a conspiracy to shift units.

Again, I don't work for the company, I see you crying about a game, of which you have played (If at all) completely out of context due to your idiotic theory's.

I'd say play 'bloody good time' but I can almost guarantee that you would pin it down as a crappy FPS. I'd reccomend backbreaker but you'd cry at the pricing despite it being one of the best XBLA titles around.

Why not get a job that pays more or find another hobby if this one is getting too expensive for you? It won't get any cheaper.
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
People that are happy with products are less likely to be vocal, it's the unhappy ones that take to the Internet to bitch and moan.

Why are you so mad at the pricing? It's 9.50 on the PS3, depending on where you get your points, even if you buy them via the Xbox it still works out at a pretty similar price, so blame Microsoft all you want, it's not a conspiracy to shift units.

Again, I don't work for the company, I see you crying about a game, of which you have played (If at all) completely out of context due to your idiotic theory's.

I'd say play 'bloody good time' but I can almost guarantee that you would pin it down as a crappy FPS. I'd reccomend backbreaker but you'd cry at the pricing despite it being one of the best XBLA titles around.

Why not get a job that pays more or find another hobby if this one is getting too expensive for you? It won't get any cheaper.
Honestly, it's people like me, who DO have jobs, that think about the worth or value of something before we just spend money blindly on it like you're advocating. Are you honestly suggesting that people should get higher-paying jobs so they can continue to support their bad-game purchasing habit, like you apparently are able to?

Not everyone can easily mooch off of parents credit cards to buy half-decent games on impulse like -some- people *ahem* . When you EARN your money you tend to care more about where it goes to, hence why I like to buy good games, not bad ones.

Sorry but the adolescent argument of "Why don't have this horrible game that I like? Cause you must be poor!" doesn't really work among the mature, but I'm sure your argument might work on gamefaqs.

Last edited by CueZee; 03-29-2012 at 12:50 AM.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #14
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
People that are happy with products are less likely to be vocal,
Then you must not be very happy since you've just spent this much time vocally expressing how much you hate my opinion.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:52 AM   #15
Capn Franky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83

Capn Franky's Gamercard
I'm not telling you to purchase the game, simply play it how its supposed to be played. Keep the demo, get some friends around and play it, you will soon fall back in love with the game as you did mashed (I presume you've played it as you're a 'proper gamer').

You on the other hand are telling people not to because of some idiotic theory.

The adolescent language has only come from you, not me, I only stated a fact that gaming is getting increasingly expensive and won't drop anytime soon.

I came on the forum to see if it had any activity, of course I am bound to read and take part in a discussion about it, especially when it's giving false information to people...
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #16
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
Yes, this is actually fair advice. Can't argue with judging the game based on your own merits. I'm sure there's some good game there, I mean they did make Micro Machines v4, too.

My gripe isn't that I think 1200 point games shouldn't exist, 15 bucks isn't even really that much, but I believe a majority of gamers agree that the price should be reserved for a particular caliber of game, with very high production values (Sine Mora) or at least a ridiculous amount of content (Trials Evolution). Minecraft being 20 bucks does in any way mean that this is the direction arcade games are headed, the reason it's 20 bucks on live is because it's 20 bucks on the PC as well (and even then, some Xbox users are pretty unhappy with the pricing,and its costing them a good amount of purchases)
Sam and Max seasons cost 20 bucks too, so did RE4 and Code Veronica (I know they werent arcade games, but they're in the same category as Minecraft of being a port of a current retail game), because that was their retail price on other platforms that they were ported from, and that didn't start any trends (no 1600 point games since), most games still were 800 points after that, it's merely a question of content and worth, which is why Wrecked's pricing looks so ridiculously lopsided to most people.

Last edited by CueZee; 03-29-2012 at 01:48 AM.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #17
Capn Franky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83

Capn Franky's Gamercard
True but replay ability has to be taken into account too, I am alive for example is the same price and less than 6 hours long and would be rarely replayed more than two times.

Backbreaker and wrecked for example offer a short single player but with hundreds of hours in multiplayer action so if you enjoy it, the game should last for far far longer than others, rendering the 1200 a fair deal. I don't think the RE4 example works here though as crysis, code Veronica etc are 1800msp ish, and they're solid games, just tarted up a bit and resold for a fair price, not created from the ground up like wrecked.

Microsoft does have a very strange market strategy at times but I don't agree this game to be a pawn in some ploy to shift units, a pretty crap strategy if it was though as the leaderbords show less than 600 in sales and no adverts of release on the home page.

Last edited by Capn Franky; 03-29-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #18
Chaos MAN
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 590

ChaosSlayerX187's Gamercard
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the 200gs in this?
Chaos MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:16 AM   #19
CueZee
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 20

CueZee's Gamercard
I Am Alive is a good example, sometimes presentation and atmosphere alone can make a game worth it to some despite it's lack of content, it really comes down to the kind of experience you're looking for I guess. I suppose I was bringing up RE4 and Code Veronica more as a comparison to Minecrafts' pricing; they're 360 editions of games that already have list prices on other systems, so I don't really see any of them affecting the price of Arcade titles. I would hope not, at least, as that would be severely unbalanced.
CueZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #20
Asphyx1ateD
 
Asphyx1ateD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Stourbridge, UK
Posts: 108

PhantoM XI's Gamercard
I don't think it was worth 1200, but 4 friends bought it (myself being a 5th) and we played a few hours of 4 player last night... pretty good bant/fun.

The fact they have day one DLC for 400 MSP is pretty disgusting, though, haha. The game's no Micro Machines (Mega Drive era) that's for sure.
__________________


GT: PhantoM XI
Best Completions: CoD2 & L4D1 1000G / Gears 2 1750G
Gears 3 stuck at 1900/2000G
Asphyx1ateD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
JVC
 
JVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Posts: 74
Send a message via MSN to JVC

JVC06's Gamercard
I bought this game on release yesterday and whilst I agree it's probably better off at the 800msp pricepoint I find this game to be quite fun multiplayer.
Yeh singlelplayer is over quickly and the camera angles annoy me at times when your trying to go for gold, and it makes some crazy change as you come to a very tight corner but it's not that bad a game.
I've enjoyed having a laugh with pals online just like the good old days of Mashed.
If you don't like it play the trial first therefore not wasting your money and stop bashing it. Simple really.
__________________

JVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
Turdboi
 
Turdboi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northampton
Posts: 336

Turdboi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos MAN View Post
Does anybody know how long it takes to get the 200gs in this?
Ive put an achievement guide and roadmap up with this info, I personally done it in about 2hrs 30mins of playtime, but it all depends on skill as some people may find some of the challenges tricky, especially the caravan ones. Hope this helps.
__________________
TurdBoi Inc.


Turdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #23
francisrossi
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 469

francisrossi's Gamercard
I downloaded the trial, saw that single player was locked, so I exited and deleted.
__________________
francisrossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #24
Capn Franky
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 83

Capn Franky's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisrossi View Post
I downloaded the trial, saw that single player was locked, so I exited and deleted.
What next, "I bought BF3 thought the single player was shocking so returned it"?

It's a multiplayer game, the lack of SP is sad but not game breaking at all! If you're paying for xbox live gold why waste time on the single player of an arcade racer that's core is multiplayer mayhem?
Capn Franky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
True Blue
 
True Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northampton, UK
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to True Blue

XBX PureChaosX's Gamercard
I wish I had come across this before I bought it for 1200msp.

As I have the Achievements for finishing the 4 Challenge modes, I'll be deleting it. All the game consists of is 24 challenges, only 6 of those being combat, which is what people want, right? Cars with guns? But it's nothing but challenges. With the real challenge being trying to beat the AI.

The two-player mode is still fun to play, like the original Mashed. But the Single Player 'mode' just feels empty... I did all the Challenges in about an hour, not all Gold, though... that was 10 or so wasted. That's the WHOLE game right there... done in an hour.

I was really looking forward to this game being good.. instead? It's no good. I mean, it's not the WORST I've played, not by a long a shot, but neither is it good.. it's just average... short... with no sense of satisfaction once you've completed the challenges.

Shame.
__________________

Last edited by True Blue; 03-31-2012 at 01:52 PM.
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #26
francisrossi
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 469

francisrossi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
What next, "I bought BF3 thought the single player was shocking so returned it"?

It's a multiplayer game, the lack of SP is sad but not game breaking at all! If you're paying for xbox live gold why waste time on the single player of an arcade racer that's core is multiplayer mayhem?
Mostly because I don't do multiplayer very often. I just don't find it fun. Also, I had no idea what the game was, other than a racing game. I now know, and won't be wasting money on it.
__________________
francisrossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
DROGTURIST
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 639

DROGTURIST's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Franky View Post
What next, "I bought BF3 thought the single player was shocking so returned it"?

It's a multiplayer game, the lack of SP is sad but not game breaking at all! If you're paying for xbox live gold why waste time on the single player of an arcade racer that's core is multiplayer mayhem?
Because this game sold like 10 copies and I'm an adult who doesn't have time to sit around in a lobby waiting for those 10 owners to show up? We're not talking about BF3 here, even though you keep referencing it. I can't be in an MP match of Wrecked in a reasonable enough time - certainly not two weeks from now when the game inevitably dies - so all that remains is the shockingly awful singleplayer.

Not that the MP is fun enough for a grown adult to waste time on even if I could find matches. This game is like bubblegum compared to the thick steak something like BF3 offers, and fuck that.
DROGTURIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #28
True Blue
 
True Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Northampton, UK
Posts: 28
Send a message via MSN to True Blue

XBX PureChaosX's Gamercard
I deleted this over-priced piece of shit just minutes ago.

The last challenge is where I really started to loose my patience. Well, the whole GAME is a test of your patience, but the last challenge, where you have to complete the lap, finish first AND prevent your bomb from exploding is ridiculous. You can't hit ANYTHING.. so much as tap the wall, you blow. I just couldn't get Silver OR Gold... I barely got Bronze.

And who the hell thought of the Turbo controls? Tap the brake then double tap accelerate... tap the BRAKE? To use the Turbo?! I found that it doesn't even work 8/10 times, resulting in doing nothing but slow you down.. since you have to use the BRAKE.

And who thought the AI was competitive? It's way too hard, at least for me... you have to navigate courses with perfection, and use your stupid Turbos all the time... which slow you down if it doesn't work. Over time, you will get used to the courses, but still... WHY would you want to? WHY would anyone want to buy this game?!

At first, i thought this game was going to be a full-on combat racer.. instead, you get a game with 24 challenges. It does have a fun 2 player mode... IF you can find someone else on Live playing it. There's always Local vs.

The game feels empty... like it's not quite finished... it's missing things.. like playability, gameplay... it lacks everything that makes you want to play the game.

Mashed was awesome. This, however... needs to BE mashed... into a million little pieces.
__________________
True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #29
Dhyphoon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 35

Dhyphoon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I deleted this over-priced piece of shit just minutes ago.

The last challenge is where I really started to loose my patience. Well, the whole GAME is a test of your patience, but the last challenge, where you have to complete the lap, finish first AND prevent your bomb from exploding is ridiculous. You can't hit ANYTHING.. so much as tap the wall, you blow. I just couldn't get Silver OR Gold... I barely got Bronze.

And who the hell thought of the Turbo controls? Tap the brake then double tap accelerate... tap the BRAKE? To use the Turbo?! I found that it doesn't even work 8/10 times, resulting in doing nothing but slow you down.. since you have to use the BRAKE.

And who thought the AI was competitive? It's way too hard, at least for me... you have to navigate courses with perfection, and use your stupid Turbos all the time... which slow you down if it doesn't work. Over time, you will get used to the courses, but still... WHY would you want to? WHY would anyone want to buy this game?!

At first, i thought this game was going to be a full-on combat racer.. instead, you get a game with 24 challenges. It does have a fun 2 player mode... IF you can find someone else on Live playing it. There's always Local vs.

The game feels empty... like it's not quite finished... it's missing things.. like playability, gameplay... it lacks everything that makes you want to play the game.

Mashed was awesome. This, however... needs to BE mashed... into a million little pieces.
Everything there is so true, I'll be deleting this shortly after my 200g
Dhyphoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:31 AM.