PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #61
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
Little question. How many levels can I gain in act 3. At the start I'm level 28 and I'm stressing out about not being able to hit 35.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #62
Infamouse65

Infamouse65's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasnake View Post
do I go by the way of Roche but can not find the trolls, where are? Thank you
wait, at the and of act 2 you will see 2 trolls. i played on roche way and i found them in the last quest of act 2
Infamouse65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #63
irriducibile87

Irriducibile87's Gamercard
I have a few questions about the troll achievements.

How do you actually "spare" all trolls ?
With the one in chapter 1 is obvious how, but with the two in chapter 2 do you just need to talk to them and not kill them ?
I also read that there is a third troll in chapter 2, but it is a normal enemy and you can kill him and it doesn't count toward the "spare all trolls" achievement. Is it confirmed ?
When do the troll achievements unlock ? End-game or at the end of chapter 2 ?
irriducibile87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #64
Infamouse65

Infamouse65's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by irriducibile87 View Post
I have a few questions about the troll achievements.

How do you actually "spare" all trolls ?
With the one in chapter 1 is obvious how, but with the two in chapter 2 do you just need to talk to them and not kill them ?
I also read that there is a third troll in chapter 2, but it is a normal enemy and you can kill him and it doesn't count toward the "spare all trolls" achievement. Is it confirmed ?
When do the troll achievements unlock ? End-game or at the end of chapter 2 ?
for me he unlocked after i killed the last one, in chapter 2.
Infamouse65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #65
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Exclamation Attention!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkyrok View Post

20G Dragonheart
Spare or save Saskia.
Story related.
I can confirm that this is NOT "story-related". I did both ways and when you choose to [KILL THE DRAGON] you won't get this achievement.

You have to choose [WALK AWAY] in order to get this achievement.

Still not sure about:

15G Spellbreaker
Help Iorveth find the dagger needed to free Saskia from the spell that holds her.

I also played both ways here but only got the achievement when I helped Philippa out of the prison and killed the Golem who guarded the chest with the dagger inside. It's only logical then that you will miss out on this achievement if you ignore her and if you go for Triss.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #66
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
I can confirm that this is NOT "story-related". I did both ways and when you choose to [KILL THE DRAGON] you won't get this achievement.

You have to choose [WALK AWAY] in order to get this achievement.

Still not sure about:

15G Spellbreaker
Help Iorveth find the dagger needed to free Saskia from the spell that holds her.

I also played both ways here but only got the achievement when I helped Philippa out of the prison and killed the Golem who guarded the chest with the dagger inside. It's only logical then that you will miss out on this achievement if you ignore her and if you go for Triss.
thanks for the clarifications.
updated roadmap and credited you.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #67
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
thanks for the clarifications.
updated roadmap and credited you.
Hehe again no problem at all.

Going for my DARK run after I'm done with the ARENA. Will let you know if I find something else.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #68
Punisher294

FrankCastle492's Gamercard
Great guide, I wish all guides were like this, as in shows you the achievements per chapter, saves us alot of frustration.

Punisher294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #69
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
When does the Troll saver achievement pop?... I didn't have any vodka for the drunk troll in the first chapter but I saved the other two...does that mean I won't get the achievement? o.o Even though technically I spared them all.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #70
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
When does the Troll saver achievement pop?... I didn't have any vodka for the drunk troll in the first chapter but I saved the other two...does that mean I won't get the achievement? o.o Even though technically I spared them all.
Slight Spoiler Warning:

My achievement popped after I brought the troll back to the other troll in act 2... You need to actually save the troll in act 1, though. You have to solve the full quest line as opposed to just leaving him down there.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #71
irriducibile87

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDiivil View Post
Slight Spoiler Warning:

My achievement popped after I brought the troll back to the other troll in act 2... You need to actually save the troll in act 1, though. You have to solve the full quest line as opposed to just leaving him down there.
Did you kill the troll that attacks you in chapter 2 and still unlocked the achievement ?

Edit: Can you get the friend of trolls achievement on Roche's path ?
Because I read that the quest for the two trolls in chapter 2 is available only on Iorveth's path.

Last edited by irriducibile87; 04-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #72
esio gk

esio gk's Gamercard
It is possible to get Dragonheart while doing Roche path. You just have to walk away after the dragon hits the tree. It probably should be moved from Iorweth missables to general missables.

I don't think anybody mentioned this but if somebody did, sorry for repeating.

esio gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #73
Tenreth

20G Backbone
Craft a suit of armor from elements of the kayran's carapace.
After killing and looting the kayran (there’s 2 spots to loot it!) buy the diagram for the armor and have it crafted.

where do you find that scheme. none of the merchants has it
Tenreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #74
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenreth View Post
20G Backbone
After killing and looting the kayran (there’s 2 spots to loot it!) buy the diagram for the armor and have it crafted.

Go to the next mission objective, to the guy who gives you the reward for killing the Kayran. You will also get the diagram from him.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #75
BloodGodAlucard

BloodGodAlucard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenreth View Post
20G Backbone

I don't think you can buy it. I got it from the merchant as part of my reward. You have to tell him to double the payment. Then use Axii on him to get him to agree.

Completed: 74 Retail Games and 7 Arcade Games

Proudest Completion to Date: Dark Souls 1000/1000 on Xbox 360 and 1000/1000 on PC
BloodGodAlucard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #76
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
You may want to add that some achievements take a few seconds to unlock. I upgraded my abilities once and the sense of magic achievement didnt pop straight away so re-loaded my save and tried again, after waiting a few seconds it eventually popped.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #77
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by irriducibile87 View Post
Can you get the friend of trolls achievement on Roche's path ?
Because I read that the quest for the two trolls in chapter 2 is available only on Iorveth's path.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
On Roche's path, Geralt and Vernon Roche meets the Troll of Vergen at the end of the Chapter, on the road for Vergen, after Geralt has dispatched the mist.
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Troll_of_Vergen

Also rokkyrok:

Quote:

15G Gladiator
Defeat all opponents in the Kaedweni arena.
Talk to Proximo near the fighting arena and win 4 easy rounds.
Simply talking to him won't do much, i.e. you can't start right away. I'd add this to clear things up:

Proximo is the one you should talk to about arenas. You won't be able to do a lot in here though until you complete the quest called The Butcher of Cidaris, which will trigger availability of the quest Ave Henselt, which features Geralt taking part in arena fights.

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 04-20-2012 at 09:14 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #78
ChaosTheoryV2X

ChaosTheory V2X's Gamercard

So uhm, I did all of auches memories for the necromancer achievement and It didn't pop.. isn't this unmissable?
ChaosTheoryV2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #79
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheoryV2X View Post
So uhm, I did all of auches memories for the necromancer achievement and It didn't pop.. isn't this unmissable?
Huh, that's exactly what I wanted to ask anybody in here. Seems that it IS MISSABLE indeed.

Quote:

50G Necromancer
Relive all of Auckes's memories in Dethmold's vision.
Story related.
Going for this achievement right now on my DARK run. Still unfuckingsure where to start. Can anyone confirm this and how he/she got it. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:27 PM   #80
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
Huh, that's exactly what I wanted to ask anybody in here. Seems that it IS MISSABLE indeed.

Going for this achievement right now on my DARK run. Still unfuckingsure where to start. Can anyone confirm this and how he/she got it. Thanks.
Well the thing that sucks is i think its glitched... because I did in fact do the visions, and pretty sure I did all of them... this really bites...
Old 04-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #81
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Well the thing that sucks is i think its glitched... because I did in fact do the visions, and pretty sure I did all of them... this really bites...
Well the only solution I've found so far is this and the guy still wrote at the down bottom

"HE THINKS, IT SHOULD UNLOCK...!" -.-

http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=443830#vch

Did you do all of this!?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #82
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
Well the only solution I've found so far is this and the guy still wrote at the down bottom

"HE THINKS, IT SHOULD UNLOCK...!" -.-

http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=443830#vch

Did you do all of this!?
*sigh* Yeah I found out why I don't have it.. I didn't do the camp part.. and it didn't ask me to continue so I figured I was done sigh, hopefully I have a save near that...
Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #83
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
*sigh* Yeah I found out why I don't have it.. I didn't do the camp part.. and it didn't ask me to continue so I figured I was done sigh, hopefully I have a save near that...
So can you enlighten me/us please. Is it missable or story-related!? And what exactly QUEST/NAME triggers this achievement!?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #84
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
So can you enlighten me/us please. Is it missable or story-related!? And what exactly QUEST/NAME triggers this achievement!?
Ok I got it figured out. read carefully. MAJOR SPOILERS fyi so if you want don't come back to this post until it's obvious (and it will be) you should.

Feel free to add this to the achievement description OP (recommended really)

How to get Necromancer: It is story related, but it is easily missable as I'll mention.

After an assassination attempt on king henslet by 2 witchers, auches and w/e. Dethmold wants you to enter the memories of the one you kill to find out etc etc. In here one mistake (stepping on a trap, going the wrong way, dying) will throw you out and you have to go back in.

1st is just easy killing some harpies/bandits, pretty straightforward.

2nd is carefully follow the other guy and don't touch any traps, make sure to look at the ground the entire time. You will proceed to have some convo.

<SAVE HERE> you'll find out why.
3rd is your inside the war camp prevalent in ch2. Wait for the 2 guards to start moving, you can move up a tent and hide behind it, and keep following the guard that goes straight (or left you could say) he will turn around 2 times so be careful, line of sight breaks the mission, and I'm not sure if you can re-enter the memories after it breaks this time. once he goes to the fire go to the right and keep going and it should throw you into the next fragment.

4th is just walking straight as the other guy mumbles about some big stuff goin down.

5th is where you are in the kings encapment and fighting. It's pretty easy as your guys are really hax against regular stuff. Just do some rolling and pwn them from behind.

This is where the DING should be, after you kill the last one.

6th, face Geralt, and get owned badly (I wasn't even able to hit him, Shield + swirling sword attack = lolwutpwned.)

Not written the greatest so feel free to rewrite that stuff.. xD
Old 04-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #85
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Ok I got it figured out. read carefully. MAJOR SPOILERS fyi so if you want don't come back to this post until it's obvious (and it will be) you should.

How to get Necromancer: It is story related, but it is easily missable as I'll mention.

After an assassination attempt on king henslet by 2 witchers, auches and w/e. Dethmold wants you to enter the memories of the one you kill to find out etc etc. In here one mistake (stepping on a trap, going the wrong way, dying) will throw you out and you have to go back in.

2nd is carefully follow the other guy and don't touch any traps, make sure to look at the ground the entire time. You will proceed to have some convo.

3rd is your inside the war camp prevalent in ch2. Wait for the 2 guards to start moving, you can move up a tent and hide behind it, and keep following the guard that goes straight (or left you could say) he will turn around 2 times so be careful, line of sight breaks the mission, and I'm not sure if you can re-enter the memories after it breaks this time. once he goes to the fire go to the right and keep going and it should throw you into the next fragment.

4th is just walking straight as the other guy mumbles about some big stuff goin down.

5th is where you are in the kings encapment and fighting. It's pretty easy as your guys are really hax against regular stuff. Just do some rolling and pwn them from behind.

6th, face Geralt, and get owned badly (I wasn't even able to hit him, Shield + swirling sword attack = lolwutpwned.)

Thank you, plenty times thank you!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #86
InfiniteRefrain

InfiniteRefrain's Gamercard
For people not attempting dark: reload an Act 1 save after you have completed everything EXCEPT for the troll quest. This way if you ever decide to tackle Dark, you will have all of the rest of the achievements and then can race through ignoring almost everything that's not related to the main questline.

SO:TLH drinking game, 'Kay? *slight spoilers*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRoyLivall View Post
The rules are simple enough. Every time Lymle says 'Kay?', Drink. It's really the only way to get through the game with your sanity still intact. I swear I would happily kill off this child if I could. I wouldn't recommend straight shots though, 'kay?

Last edited by InfiniteRefrain; 04-21-2012 at 12:20 AM.
InfiniteRefrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #87
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Does the chapter 1 troll have anything to do with troll slayer or is it only chapter 2 trolls?
Old 04-21-2012, 02:50 AM   #88
ChaosTheoryV2X

Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
Little question. How many levels can I gain in act 3. At the start I'm level 28 and I'm stressing out about not being able to hit 35.
I'm also in the same situation, I've done ever side quest, im 28 at the beginning of 3, any advice people? Or will it be fine? :|
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
Does the chapter 1 troll have anything to do with troll slayer or is it only chapter 2 trolls?
Yes, you must kill the chapter 1 troll and than on roches quest line (im not sure about the elves quest line, prol the same i would guess) you kill the female troll and than her bf/husband just a little ways away. There is a random troll out in the plains/hilly/mountain area around the camp but he DOES NOT count.

You save these same 3 trolls for the other achieve.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:05 AM   #89
rokkyrok

rokkyrok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by esio gk View Post
It is possible to get Dragonheart while doing Roche path. You just have to walk away after the dragon hits the tree. It probably should be moved from Iorweth missables to general missables.

I don't think anybody mentioned this but if somebody did, sorry for repeating.
Quote:
Go to the next mission objective, to the guy who gives you the reward for killing the Kayran. You will also get the diagram from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodGodAlucard View Post
I don't think you can buy it. I got it from the merchant as part of my reward. You have to tell him to double the payment. Then use Axii on him to get him to agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmaster1 View Post
You may want to add that some achievements take a few seconds to unlock. I upgraded my abilities once and the sense of magic achievement didnt pop straight away so re-loaded my save and tried again, after waiting a few seconds it eventually popped.
Quote:
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Troll_of_Vergen

Also rokkyrok:

Simply talking to him won't do much, i.e. you can't start right away. I'd add this to clear things up:

Proximo is the one you should talk to about arenas. You won't be able to do a lot in here though until you complete the quest called The Butcher of Cidaris, which will trigger availability of the quest Ave Henselt, which features Geralt taking part in arena fights.
Quote:

will update tomorrow.
thanks all for your additions.
i wrote roadmap from memory and just wanted to keep it brief, guess i was too brief.
rokkyrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #90
irriducibile87

Quote:
Thanks, I couldn't find them.