The Gargoyle Contract!

Can someone please help me.

I'm going to frisbee the game across the room in a minute.

I cannot get through the Temerian Camp to get the one of the areas as I keep getting attacked when trying to pass through, and the doors lock and guards just keep respawning.

Its melting my head. All the walkthroughs show going through the camp to get to one of the gargoyle areas...

Is there another way??

Well I was stuck on it, until I stumbled into the main quest (as you do) and the Pest Control achievement popped for me, without me completing the Gargoyle contract - provided that's what you're going for?

I can confirm I had done all other creature related quests; the two in Flotsam and the Harpies in Vergen and (was) going to do the Gargoyles but it appears there is no actual need...if it's the cheevo you wanted ^^,

Well I was stuck on it, until I stumbled into the main quest (as you do) and the Pest Control achievement popped for me, without me completing the Gargoyle contract - provided that's what you're going for?

I can confirm I had done all other creature related quests; the two in Flotsam and the Harpies in Vergen and (was) going to do the Gargoyles but it appears there is no actual need...if it's the cheevo you wanted ^^,

Yes, I'm after Pest Control. I've done all the other sidies that relate to the cheevo....So I don't need The Gargolye Contract???

You are the bearer of great news if this is the case.....It was so annoying!

Edited by JohnnyBoosh

Can someone please help me.

I'm going to frisbee the game across the room in a minute.

I cannot get through the Temerian Camp to get the one of the areas as I keep getting attacked when trying to pass through, and the doors lock and guards just keep respawning.

Its melting my head. All the walkthroughs show going through the camp to get to one of the gargoyle areas...

Is there another way??

Aaaaaaaahahaha, same shit happened to me. :D I feel you I feel you. Of all those stupid videos on youtube, no help at all since the PC version level structure is lil bit different.

Remember the beginning area when you first entered the city, you have to go back there. There is also the other GARGOYLE-CHEST with the fat golem nearby. Go through the big silver door and you are behind the area with all the infinite spawning soldiers.

!Also the achievement popped for me once I got my reward for finishing this contract!

SKIP to 07:30 and you can thank me later!

;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uodvNGa1QxU]136. Let's Play The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - The Gargoyle Contract 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Seriously. It just popped for me - and I had only just read the books about Gargoyles. :/

Make a save just in case.. but it seemed to work for me :]

Yep, it just popped for me there..........thanks for that!!

Thanks Blaze, but the cheevo popped for me....All the youtube vids I searched had nothing for me.....

i used this poast on gamefaqs on got all chests:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975399-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/59184235

Taken from the guide provided by CDR. The combinations are randomized hence the two options given for each:

The correct combinations for breaking the seals:

Room to the left of the main city gate:

1) rune on the wall to the right from the entrance, rune on the wall to the right, rune on the floor

to the left and finally rune on the floor near the chest.

2) rune on the wall to the left from the entrance, rune on the floor to the left, rune on the floor

near the chest, rune to the right of the entrance.

Room to the right of the main city gate:

1) rune on the wall to the right of the entrance, rune on the floor to the right of the entrance, rune

on the wall to the left, rune on the floor to the left.

2) rune on the floor to the left of the entrance, rune on the wall to the right, rune on the floor

to the right, rune on the wall to the left.

Room in the ruins near the amphitheater:

1) rune on the floor to the left of the entrance, rune on the floor to the right, rune on the wall

to the left, rune on the wall to the right.

2) rune on the floor to the right of the entrance, rune on the floor to the left, rune on the wall to

the left, rune on the wall to the right.

• 11 months later...

I also had issues with one of the areas because the guards just kept spawning and the doors were locked and once you cross those doors, you're death sooner or later. Pretty annoying... but then it hit me. There's no need to go through the camp with all the soldiers for the southeast rune room!!!

When you first arrive with Iorveth to the city (don't know how it happens on Roche's path, I have yet to do that one), you reach an area where you face gargoyles and it's exactly where you're supposed to go. Just trace back your steps, right where the northeast rune room is and just keep going to the back, turn right, and you'll reach the area with 4 silver doors that you went through at the beginning and it's right behind the soldier camp... so no need to face them.:)

Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...