PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Gotham City Impostors
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
James03

Send a message via AIM to James03 Send a message via MSN to James03

TeenJackBauer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How to Do the XP Glitch (PC Method)

This is basically a repost of my solution on TrueAchievements, so if you want a slightly more detailed guide for this method then go here: http://www.trueachievements.com/a161...chievement.htm

I know the GFWL version of games that are on the 360 get very little support from the community achievement-wise, since there is a minority of people who actually use GFWL compared to XBL (not aided by the fact that GFWL is a pretty poor service IMO), so I wanted to investigate how to do the XP glitch on the PC version and let the smaller community on the PC know how to do it themselves if they want to.

I wouldn't recommend trying this until you're at least level 55. At level 69 I was getting about 10,000-12,000 XP from doing this. At level 80+, I was earning either 12,000 or 22,000 XP every time I did the glitch, I've no idea why the amount is so inconsistent.

Step 1: Join any gametype, and play through a whole game (or one that's in progress, it doesn't matter as long as you finish a match).

Step 2: Once the scoreboard and the post-game stats page (where you see how much XP you earned, keys you unlocked etc.) have come up, exit the lobby (so press enter/backspace to get rid of the pages, then simply exit the lobby using backspace and clicking "Yes"). You can check your total XP now ("Track Record" > "Feats of Prowess" > "Lifetime" > "Experience Earned") to ensure you know that the method works after completing step 3.

Step 3: Join another lobby in any gametype (not sure if joining back to the same lobby will work, shouldn't really matter though, I'd simply pick a different gametype; there doesn't have to be anyone else in the lobby either). Once you're inside the lobby (before the game starts), press "Home" on your keyboard to bring up the GFWL overlay, click "Sign Out" and then "Yes". This will sign you out of your profile and return you to the title screen. Press "Home" again and dismiss the page that comes up saying your sign-in status has changed. Sign back into your profile, and once the main menu has loaded up, check your total XP. Your total amount should have gone up by at least 10,000 if it worked.

Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3!

If you simply do steps 1-3, then only repeat step 3 over and over again, for some reason you will actually lose about 1,000 XP (although this isn't permanent) or possibly the 10,000+ XP from doing the method the first time around. You have to complete a match in between in order for the glitch to "reset" so to speak, so you can do it again.

If you have any questions or suggestions that will streamline the process, feel free to let me know in this thread. I'll update this solution if any more information is brought up.

Also the first SONIC UNLEASHED 1000 on the forum... and 2nd in the UK. =(
James03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I wonder if this way works for the xbox version, instead of exiting and restarting the game...
Also, people have been reporting that just viewing their stats (from the main menu) and exiting the game works (on xbox), so I wonder if logging out of your profile while viewing your stats would work?

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
James03

Send a message via AIM to James03 Send a message via MSN to James03

TeenJackBauer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
I wonder if this way works for the xbox version, instead of exiting and restarting the game...
Also, people have been reporting that just viewing their stats (from the main menu) and exiting the game works (on xbox), so I wonder if logging out of your profile while viewing your stats would work?
You probably can sign out and in again on the 360 version, so you don't have to keep exiting the game and waiting for it to load back up. I'm not really sure about the latter, I've already got the 1000G in the game so I'm not really going to play it again; if anyone else wants to try that and let me know if it actually works (on the PC) that would be great.

Also the first SONIC UNLEASHED 1000 on the forum... and 2nd in the UK. =(
James03 is offline   Reply With Quote