PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5's Gamercard
How Can I Genuinely Enjoy This Game?

I want to be able to play this game online, in the multiplayer, and enjoy playing at the same time.

In all honesty, I am not very good at playing this game, and I don't wish to devote my life to it to become a pro player.

But when I want to play this game, I just want to have a good time, and I can only really get that playing with bots. I'm so sick and tired of just spawning and dying all the time.

How's anyone else feel about this?
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 XB0X G3N1U5 View Post
I want to be able to play this game online, in the multiplayer, and enjoy playing at the same time.

In all honesty, I am not very good at playing this game, and I don't wish to devote my life to it to become a pro player.

But when I want to play this game, I just want to have a good time, and I can only really get that playing with bots. I'm so sick and tired of just spawning and dying all the time.

I think you're gonna have a rough go at this. Here's my opinion.

I sold this awhile ago because I didn't want to invest in the season pass (which is reasonably priced for what you get) at the time and have considered buying it again. I've since concluded that I'm never going to buy it again. One look at the first page of this forum and you can see very clearly what goes on in this game. About 10% of the people playing it are people like you, who want to have fun and maybe aren't the greatest at it (me too). 20% of people are just boosting. The other 70% probably just have the game running but aren't actually playing, grinding "Seriously 3.0." I'm not saying anything negative about the fact that they're boosting because in all honesty, it's the only possible way to complete this stuff if you're going for achievements - which is what this site is all about. Epic is out of their minds with their achievement design. I think the real reason they do it is so their game will stay high on the list of most played XBOX Live games for years. Even the most hardcore fan would have a hell of a time getting alot of these achievements without boosting.

So your choices as I see them are:

1. Do what you've been doing and play with bots.
2. Deal with it, get better with practice and try to have fun.
3. Get together with friends and practice. Play with them in private matches, get good teamwork and strategies together.
4. Move on to something with less of a learning curve. The guys who are great at Gears will hand you your ass, alot.
WalterWhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
play on Were All Stranded, Gears version of Mercenary TDM
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Shadow MC

Shadow MC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 XB0X G3N1U5 View Post

What exactly do you do when you play online, what tactics do you currently use?

Would be helpful to know this and perhaps we can figure out where you're going wrong. If you keep sticking to the same tactic and keep dying it would be wise to change it up.
Shadow MC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I only play Horde for this reason, I only play for fun, have no interest in the achievements.

Last edited by cjdavies; 04-22-2012 at 09:36 AM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
sircamjim

Well, I think it's matter of luck. I REALLY HATEDGOW multiplayer 'cause the competitive SOB who enjoyed to down you and watch you recover, so they killed you when you almost were on your feet. I've almost never seen this kind of players. Obviously, I stay away from ranked, there are too many ppl that take it too seriously there. I can get enjoyable matches in VS (I don't suck anymore, but I'm not that good neither) and I'm surprised I've never seen boosting dudes, I even played as Kim (there is an ahievement related) and I've never seen greedy dudes chasing me.

And, in cooperative arcade, I've seen players thar run to get the kills before you and get killed fast, but I also watched ppl that share ammo or even kills and cover.

I still enjoy the game, I've played it since december and I'm trying to get seriously 3.0. BTW If you try to get this ach, you might be pissed enough to throw your controller and break your screen.
sircamjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I consider myself good at the game, but I find it so boring after like an hour and don't enjoy it most of the time. The gameplay and new weapons just make the gameplay boring, the players ruin the game too. I've slowly started to get medals that I would'nt usually get by just playing, as going for Seriously 3.0 gives me a bit of a reason to play the game.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #8
Gen. H

II General H II's Gamercard
I would recommend teaming up with people you know. I always enjoy it far more. If you're playing solo, try out the stranded games as someone mentioned above.
I think you just gotta keep trying and you'll improve, even though it is frustrating at first. And if you ultimately prefer bot matches, then continue with that, as long as you're having fun.

Xbox One 100% (Including DLC) - 10

Working On - AC: Unity (X1)

Gen. H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #9
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow MC View Post
What exactly do you do when you play online, what tactics do you currently use?

Would be helpful to know this and perhaps we can figure out where you're going wrong. If you keep sticking to the same tactic and keep dying it would be wise to change it up.
I'm not entirely sure actually, if I can really narrow it down. Probably the same as anyone else, generally speaking.

I don't know how some people can bounce around trying to shoot you. That isn't something that I do. It's probably the inconsistency of the hit detection (or whatever this game uses) that does it for me.

I will try the Stranded mode that you guys suggested. I'll see how that goes.

I guess part of me wishes that it was as simple as pick up and play, like Halo or CoD. The thing I liked about Gears was the different play style. The tactical shooter.

Oh well. Guess I will put up with it for now. I'm level 85 online right now. And boy did that take a long time to get to.

I'd like to get Seriously 3.0 at some point, but it is pretty outrageous for the requirements. Someone mentioned that Epic was greedy for making that achievement, so they can remain at the top of the list for games online, and I think they are right.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5

Well, I tried that 'We're all stranded now' gametype, and lost 3 times in a row, last match we got our asses handed to us.

That really is no fun in any way. It was frustrating to say the least.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Leone Phelps

Leone Phelps's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Coming from an experienced GoW veteran who can consistently go +5 or more if I'm playing with some friends and we all aren't on our shitty days (everyone has those days haha) and was in the top 100 for ranked warzone when the game came out, I'd say for you to have fun you have to:
A) Just get better. And I see you don't want to waste time putting in the effort when you have better games to play, which is 100% understandable. So, move on to
B) Play with friends, especially ones who are good. Even if you're not raping the other team and going MVP, imo, it's fun just to keep winning games. Plus if you're playing with good teammates, the enemy team can't hold power weapon spawns or even your teams spawn. Then there's option 3,
C) Get lucky. Plain and simple, play quick match and hope you get lucky and play verse a team at or below your skill level. Then it will be a challenge but you won't be getting your ass handed to you.

If you have no friends that play or that are good, feel free to message me and I'll remove someone to add you and we can play together, I may be able to teach you some little tricks too to make having fun a little bit easier
GT = Leone Phelps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Resolution
I find it mind-boggling that you openly admit to finding a crouching nut sack funny, call us all "vaginas" and then claim to be mature. .
LOL
Leone Phelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #12
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leone Phelps View Post
Coming from an experienced GoW veteran who can consistently go +5 or more if I'm playing with some friends and we all aren't on our shitty days (everyone has those days haha) and was in the top 100 for ranked warzone when the game came out, I'd say for you to have fun you have to:
A) Just get better. And I see you don't want to waste time putting in the effort when you have better games to play, which is 100% understandable. So, move on to
B) Play with friends, especially ones who are good. Even if you're not raping the other team and going MVP, imo, it's fun just to keep winning games. Plus if you're playing with good teammates, the enemy team can't hold power weapon spawns or even your teams spawn. Then there's option 3,
C) Get lucky. Plain and simple, play quick match and hope you get lucky and play verse a team at or below your skill level. Then it will be a challenge but you won't be getting your ass handed to you.

If you have no friends that play or that are good, feel free to message me and I'll remove someone to add you and we can play together, I may be able to teach you some little tricks too to make having fun a little bit easier
GT = Leone Phelps
Hey, thanks for the reply!

I do have some friends that play it, but the way it works is that I'm usually invited if they need that 5th player. :/

Ha ha, it's like getting picked last when you had to make teams in gym class.

Anyways, I'll keep your invite in mind, I appreciate the offer!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #13
FYC Punker

Punk N Pi3's Gamercard
Maybe try one of the non respawn game types like Warzone or execution.

Even if you die and have to wait it gives you a good opportunity to spectate your team mates and maybe you can pick up on a few things.

It's how I started out years ago,warzone.
FYC Punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #14
Phantomzero17

Phantomzero17's Gamercard
Play in the Zeta playlist. The weapons and over all gameplay are more balanced.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #15
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yeah I hated playing this game in multiplayer because I am horrible and people keep saying I am horrible and I am like thanks..
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote