PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-23-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
JohnnyGo

Johnnygo69's Gamercard
Anybody with Uplay Connection Problems?

Hi!

I'm a Noob in this forum, I bought the game when it came out, but just started playing it recently and I would like to know if I'm the only one with Uplay problems..

Every time I'm trying for the last week, I have this message : Error loading Information from the Uplay service. Returning to game.

I hope I can get help and finally get the missings pieces for the game

Thank you
JohnnyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Lord

About 700 Fish's Gamercard
Dont worry your not the only one, this is an old game though and uplay is beta on this so it's no surprise that it doesnt work.

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
cmarshall87

CJMarshMan's Gamercard
I would probably recommend going on the uplay website and making sure you set up everything and went through all the steps. I was really confused on getting it to work for myself, but I just gave it a few days and it finally worked.
cmarshall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
Rolks

rolks's Gamercard
I've had this problem for 3 weeks. I emailed Ubisoft tech support and they said they're working on it. 3 weeks?!? Whatever ... like the guys above said, it's Beta, so I'm not holding my breath. And now that I've 100% the game, I'm not so interested in going back and getting the bonus assassin's tomb.
Rolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
Skamm

Skamm206's Gamercard
It isn't working for me either so I purchased all my AC2 extras on the UPlay website. When I put in my disc and loaded my game they were all there waiting for me. I now have way too many throwing knives
Skamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
markdigi

DigiMark's Gamercard
Isn't working for me at all, have a query going with support, love being treated like an idiot with them "have you turned your xbox off and on again?" *facepalm

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Dont worry your not the only one, this is an old game though and uplay is beta on this so it's no surprise that it doesnt work.
Old game? Wasn't this like released at the start of 2010?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm
It isn't working for me either so I purchased all my AC2 extras on the UPlay website. When I put in my disc and loaded my game they were all there waiting for me. I now have way too many throwing knives
So does this mean that all the unlocks can be activated without accessing the console uplay menu?
markdigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
Skamm

Skamm206's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdigi View Post
So does this mean that all the unlocks can be activated without accessing the console uplay menu?
I got the game last week so haven't been able to access UPlay via my disk at all. So yes, it worked that way for me, logged on to ubi online (I must have linked my xbl account to ubi at some point unless it does it for you, I don't remember) and then to the UPlay area, it told me which UPlay Achievements I'd unlocked and how many ponts I could spend. I then just purchased the one's I wanted from the AC2 rewards page. They were there when I logged on about an hour later, although it may be instant.

P.S. Remeber to choose the xbox awards as they offer the same awards but in different formats for Xbox, PC, etc.
Skamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
Lord

About 700 Fish's Gamercard
although it doesnt work 'in game' it still unlocks the stuff on the web site, sign up on uplay web site and follow the instructions, this way worked for me.

Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
AstronomicalLdV

AstronomicalLdV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skamm View Post
Thanks now I know where to go and try While playing Conviction I noticed the ehem notice about the uplay servers acting up, but nothing on the AC2 main screen.
AstronomicalLdV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #10
Mr Bungle
Banned User

Isn't working for me either. Ah well.
Mr Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
This be DMK

Send a message via AIM to This be DMK

This be DMK's Gamercard
Seemed to be up for me not too long ago after grabbing some Uplay points from the POP:TFS.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
pauly_27

Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how this actually works - ie, how and where do I download the extras I bought?

I joined up via the website, and decided to get the extra throwing knives and the free theme, but what do I do now to recieve these things? The Uplay option will never load from the AC2 menu, and I'm scratching my head at what I'm supposed to do next.

Sorry if it's already been asked, and for what is probably a noob question.
pauly_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #13
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
I would like to know as well what should I do in-game to earn points and where exactly can I trade my points in.
From Xbox I cannot log in to Uplay, and at the website I find only AC: Brotherhood.
This is my only UbiSoft game with uplay options so I need to earn those points in AC2.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
HeDanny

Send a message via MSN to HeDanny Send a message via Yahoo to HeDanny Send a message via Skype™ to HeDanny

HeDanny's Gamercard
I too can not get uPlay to work in this game. Strangely enough it seemed to work just find in Splinter Cell (I unlocked three of the 4 uPlay actions when I played it) and I've only just started AC:B and unlocked a uPlay Action straight away.

Its only ACII that does not see mt obe working. I've now tried wit hboth ACII White Edition, and ACII GotY version. Neither of them will connect to uPlay. I have now finished the game, yet the uPlay actions did not unlock.

I really want those unlocks so I can buy the extra Lair! I am annoyed enough that the three lairs that are supposed to be in the GotY version refuse to show up in game, and now this.
HeDanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:16 AM   #15
DiDwE

DiDwE's Gamercard
I got the same problem uplay wont load from the main menu, every time i go into uplay it comes up Error loading information from the Uplay service. Returning to game
DiDwE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:17 AM   #16
DiDwE

DiDwE's Gamercard
Logged into Uplay on web and redeemed all the extra content, then logged into Uplay through AC:B downloaded theme pack, logged out, put AC2 in and it was all there.
DiDwE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:50 PM   #17
Nouuuugat

Nouuuugat's Gamercard
Ok for those of you having troubles finding AC2 on the uplay site, you need to scroll right in the game selector bar, and AC2 is at the far right. Once you select the game, scroll down and there's a "rewards" and "actions" tab - the actions one will tell you what to do for points, and the rewards one is where you redeem them. You don't need to download your rewards - they're built in to the game as unlockables. And as far as trouble with accessing uplay from in-game, I have trouble with it too sometimes - it often won't connect to it at all. I usually don't have trouble with it in Your Shape though - odd, but whatever. I use the website mostly anyway.
Nouuuugat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #18
meph984

Meph984's Gamercard
Uplay seems very glitchy, sometimes it works, other times it wont let me log in either, i guess you just have to keep plugging away til you get logged in.
meph984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:00 PM   #19
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have problems connecting but it will picked up what I unlocked.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #20
Naberios

Naberios's Gamercard
It's ACII

For those of you having problems with getting to Uplay through ACII's in-game interface, this will likely never be addressed. From the posts I've read no one seems to be willing to acknowledge there is an issue.

However, if you have a game that you can access it from, you can still purchase the ACII items from within the interface. I just did it via the ACB in-game access point.

Unfortunately, if you do not own another Uplay enabled game, you'll probably never be able to access the family crypt in ACII.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:50 AM   #21
tmusicman321

robogenius96's Gamercard
Website

The best way to unlock the extra content, but you may have to log in and out several times for them to be recognized. It took me about three times to get the crypt to come up, but I still haven't gotten my wallpaper.
tmusicman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #22
heyimdalton

heyimdalton's Gamercard
This hasnt worked for me for a very long time. Good thing i already got all the stuff for AC2
heyimdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #23
Tuborg Green

Tuborg Green's Gamercard
LOL i dont even have the Uplay button in the game menu and the Uplay site doesnt recognize that i played AC2. Dafuq is that?
Tuborg Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #24
xlax360

DixiecupShots's Gamercard
Beat ACII long ago but put it in today to Achievement hunt. Uplay still doesn't work and it looks like Ubisoft is never going to fix the problem.
xlax360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:45 AM   #25
IslandEJ

IslandEJ's Gamercard
Uplay doesn't seem to want to work for me with Assassin's Creed 3 either. I try logging in and get the same problem as everyone else has been with the other AC games. WTF Ubisoft? FIX THIS problem!!! At least it recognized that I did complete stuff & give me the points and let me redeem them on the site, now just have to get them in-game!!!
IslandEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #26
Naberios

Naberios's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlax360 View Post
Beat ACII long ago but put it in today to Achievement hunt. Uplay still doesn't work and it looks like Ubisoft is never going to fix the problem.
I think the problem is that with ACII, uPlay was in "beta" form, but instead of sending out a patch specifically for ACII once it was updated out of beta they just said screw it. Like I said, if you have any of the Splinter Cell games w/uPlay or Driver: SF you get into uPlay from there and purchase what ever you want from any of the uPlay enabled games that you have played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandEJ View Post
Uplay doesn't seem to want to work for me with Assassin's Creed 3 either. I try logging in and get the same problem as everyone else has been with the other AC games. WTF Ubisoft? FIX THIS problem!!! At least it recognized that I did complete stuff & give me the points and let me redeem them on the site, now just have to get them in-game!!!
That is weird. I bet it was just a specific issue, likely with their servers. I've never had any issues with getting to uPlay from ACIII.