PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Gotham City Impostors
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
GoThatWay

GoThatWay's Gamercard
Should i create a WBid?

I tried to search in here (as well as around the internet in general) to see if anyone wondered about the same topic as me, with no luck ofc.
I am a "keep it to yourself" kind of guy so whenever i am invited to create an account, accept terms, subscibe to newsletter and such i don't automatically do it but i tend to think about it at least a little at first.
So i was wondering: is this WBid thing really worth it? i mean, does it give any special rewards or particular advantage in game?
Because if not, i'd rather skip it and go straight into the game and just hit "no and don't remind me ever again" entry in the menu (glad they made the option).

EDIT: let me edit this because i saw (and frankly i was quite stupid not to read that) that a list of rewards are listed right below the message where you create your WBid account, was silly by me. i'll skip it.

Last edited by GoThatWay; 04-07-2012 at 06:00 PM.
GoThatWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Why not use a scrap email and limited personal details (pseudonym, etc) to sign up for things, usually with newsletters and such you can get free stuff and interesting offers.

As far as I know the only benefits of using the WBid is the Digital Camo for all weapons and access to your stats online.
There was also a code given away with some copies of Arkham City that gives your ingame content when entered into a WBid account; The Deepfreezer and Airspace deniger (this technically allows you to unlock an extra gun and support item than normal players), and the Killah Kitteh mascot (usually 240 Microsoft points).

I'm not sure if the Community Challenges are unlockable if you don't have a WBid account connected; if not then there's some in game content that isn't available without an account (a snowflake camo for each weapon and several backgrounds for the callingcard)

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
TRIIGGER

TRllGGER's Gamercard
I feel the same way Gothatway does about this. But i was under the assumption that you HAD to have a WBID to play this game. Which also means a LIVE account. I think that you found your own answer, Gothatway. But if you need help getting your achievements, let me know, I like this game and will most definitely help you get yours.
TRIIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
intheshallow

Send a message via AIM to intheshallow

intheshallow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
This game is a lot of fun. I have Rank 100 left to get myself. Trigger, if you want to partner up, let me know.

Currently Working On
:
Dead Rising 3

On The Back Burner:

Rayman 3: HD

Giving up On:
Trials: Evolution &
Ninja Gaiden II
intheshallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
chris 7urbo

Chris Turbo's Gamercard
Yes you get free camo why not.
chris 7urbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
IMO the free camo is one of the lamest
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
Doktor Wilhelm

I actually like digital camo...

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
ofay

Nopunchespulled's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
I actually like digital camo...
Over snow/snowflake/gold/ivy/riddler?
ofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #9
Doktor Wilhelm

I only use Snowflake on the Deepfreezer and I'm not too keen on Gold (but I do enjoy my gold Falcon Blade) or Ivy (would prefer it if it looked like ivy wrapped around the gun, instead of just leaves).
Though once I have Riddler that's the one I use (with a Pink Cheeteh backup weapon)!