PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands > Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-29-2011, 12:16 AM   #271
Xyrus420

Xyrus420's Gamercard
would just like to say thanks you saved me many hours grinding with this strategy
Xyrus420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #272
Huntyr

Huntyr's Gamercard
Thanks OP, beats the many, many hours of grinding I'd tried before.
Huntyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #273
Drazer76

Drazer76's Gamercard
do all the claptraps die automatically then if i leave this running?
I'm about to try this so just wondered what i need to do..
Drazer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #274
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazer76 View Post
do all the claptraps die automatically then if i leave this running?
I'm about to try this so just wondered what i need to do..
Pretty sure the Divine Wind Claptraps explode after a given period of time. Something causes them to die, otherwise this method would not work. The only way you get drops is by killing claptraps.

IIRC the claptraps actually get killed by the MINAC itself, whether it be by running them over or shooting them. Dunno, actually never tried the glitch because I don't want to leave my 360 running overnight and get it overheated as well as waste electricity. In addition, my parents would never let me and if they found out, I'd be dead... :/
Old 12-22-2011, 09:02 PM   #275
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
IIRC the claptraps actually get killed by the MINAC itself, whether it be by running them over or shooting them. Dunno, actually never tried the glitch because I don't want to leave my 360 running overnight and get it overheated as well as waste electricity. In addition, my parents would never let me and if they found out, I'd be dead... :/
Gotta conserve those coconut batteries ya know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #276
zz1

ZZ8's Gamercard
Now what a terrible grind it was..... i dont ever want to remember about it. But here is a quick tip if not yet covered here (i really do not want to review the topic because of bad taste in my mouth still strong after this)
So this MINAC boss is a huge one and after you decide to kill it to go get your loot, its body will still be there, dead, covering quite some ground and some loot with its large butt.
What i did was go back using teleport i came into the area and then teleport myself again into MINAC area. MINAC will be gone (you wont have to fight it again) and the loot it was blocking to pick, will be yours to collect. Just remember that the area building will be back in its place too, so collect your loot from its place before you leave and go back the boss area.
zz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #277
Shazzmin

Shazzmin's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips! Finally got back into playing this waiting for my co-op buddy to be available and I find myself getting annoyed by some of the tedious things. Still love the game though.
Shazzmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #278
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
I've been 1 achievement short of completing this game for so long, I need a couple more pizza drops and I'm going to give this a try, I hope it works!
Edit: Got so impatient and started to loot after 3 hours, looted one pizza and achievement pops up, whoooohooo!

Last edited by Frazerz1990; 01-23-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Frazerz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #279
Heavyarts

heavyarts's Gamercard
You are my hero, thanks so much!! I think i'm gonna be 80ish % complete with this one after this!!!
Heavyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #280
Mr914

theFATcatGREEDY's Gamercard
Easily done earlier today within about 14-15 hours of farming (Split in half), thanks for this strategy.
Mr914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #281
schism35

Schism35's Gamercard
Let my xbox run for 8 hours last night and collected the following this morning. Going to have to do this again for probably another 3-4 hours. Those Oil Cans have been real dicks thus far.

3D Glasses – 36
Clap fish – 42
Oil cans – 9
Pizza – 10
Panties – 20
Bobblehead – 11
Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #282
cbko4

cbko4's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide, was dreading doing all the farming to get this completed
cbko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #283
Deadpixels1

DeadPixels1's Gamercard
I had given up on this game pre-glitch fix. Thanks for this guide. Farmed last night and am just 5 pizzas short of all three achievements unlocked.
Now for the long ass underdome dlc.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #284
Dragon Lee

Dragon Lee X's Gamercard
Thumbs down

glitches still happen. fuckin lost all my exp. cuz joining a friends game and there was too many loot items on the ground and we were gonna share them, but soon as i joined game bugged the fuck out and lost all my equipped items/weapons/shield and all my experience evaporated into thin fuckin air...

100,000 -- 1/20/2012 TES:Skyrim - 20 Dragon Hunter
Dragon Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #285
Fellanubis1986

Fellanubis1986's Gamercard
Thank you. I'm gonna try this out, been having a helluva time getting all the collectibles.
Fellanubis1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #286
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
is there any way to find out how many of each you have collected?
Currently 54720

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #287
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is on my to-do list but really cant be arsed to do it lol.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #288
Delirium1138

delirium1138's Gamercard
I apologize for the probably stupid question, but is there a way to get to the MINAC without having to fight the other three bosses first?

I also apologize if this has been covered before, but I don't want to read through all of the pages of posts.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 AM   #289
T4TTEDUP

T4TTEDUP's Gamercard
Just wanted to say thanks man got all my achievments in about 2 nights of idle.
T4TTEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #290
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
This spot worked well. 8 hours and I got my last 3 achievements. Thanks =)
100%
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #291
Deevs

Wojtaz's Gamercard
I don't know if anybody mentioned it already, but if you choose to play and shoot claptraps than hide for few hours, you actually don't have to kill them on your own. If you stay close to minac 'wheels' when he opens front door, the claptraps kill themselfs when trying to go out. It's about 6 claptraps every time. When he moves to next point simply run after him and repeat, but I think it can be done only with siren class using phasewak. You need to run fast enough to stay close to him. Of course you have to destroy every turret earlier.
Deevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #292
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

GearBox had better put more content in their Borderlands 2 DLCs. I'm tired of having to grind for hours to get 100% on this game. At least I don't have to do anything for What a Party, the bobbleheads and the oil cans.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #293
I Gil Galad I

I Gil Galad I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevs View Post
I don't know if anybody mentioned it already, but if you choose to play and shoot claptraps than hide for few hours, you actually don't have to kill them on your own. If you stay close to minac 'wheels' when he opens front door, the claptraps kill themselfs when trying to go out. It's about 6 claptraps every time. When he moves to next point simply run after him and repeat, but I think it can be done only with siren class using phasewak. You need to run fast enough to stay close to him. Of course you have to destroy every turret earlier.
OR you could hide behind the rock mentioned in the original guide. The clap traps always kill themselves (they blow up) so you don't have to keep running and hiding behind the MINAC. Wait 'x' amount of hours and then run around and pick everything up. Easy.

100% (inc. DLC): 95 Retail. 53 Arcade. 39 WP7.
I Gil Galad I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #294
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Gil Galad I View Post
OR you could hide behind the rock mentioned in the original guide. The clap traps always kill themselves (they blow up) so you don't have to keep running and hiding behind the MINAC. Wait 'x' amount of hours and then run around and pick everything up. Easy.
OR you could sit in the middle of the map out of MINAC's path with a modded shield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #295
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Can you fight MINAC again after beating him? I know you can on a second playthrough, but can you fight him multiple times in one playthrough? If you can, do you just go back to the area you originally fought him? I'm a few short on a couple of the collectibles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #296
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hug...I did but I had to reload the game and get to him, like go through those levels before you get here. I shot out all of his gun defenses until I had the main "eye" left. Just stay out of his way, shoot the claptraps and farm away. It took me several days to get all of the collectibles.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #297
STOMACHofSTEEL

STOMACHofSTEEL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugTheBear View Post
Can you fight MINAC again after beating him? I know you can on a second playthrough, but can you fight him multiple times in one playthrough? If you can, do you just go back to the area you originally fought him? I'm a few short on a couple of the collectibles.
Once you've beaten the MINAC and left the area (Arid Badlands), you arrive at Tartarus Station. From there, just go back the same way you went the first time. You will have to kill Knoxx-Trap, Ned-Trap and Steele-Trap again, but they shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

After beating the MINAC you can always go back to Tartarus Station and the MINAC will respawn. I needed 3 seperate grinding sessions to get all pizzas and bobbleheads.
Gaming is about escapism, about living through someone else with a more interesting life. My body is free to relax on the couch while my mind goes off to save the universe. I LIKE that. - Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
STOMACHofSTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #298
Aiden95

fear the people's Gamercard
i managed to get all the collectibles in about 2 hours by shooting the claptraps instead of hiding and waiting. if you hide he will only send out 2 claptraps at a time whereas if you shoot them you can get 12-15. you do the math
Guides without roadmaps really get on my tits!!
Aiden95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 PM   #299
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOMACHofSTEEL View Post
Once you've beaten the MINAC and left the area (Arid Badlands), you arrive at Tartarus Station. From there, just go back the same way you went the first time. You will have to kill Knoxx-Trap, Ned-Trap and Steele-Trap again, but they shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

After beating the MINAC you can always go back to Tartarus Station and the MINAC will respawn. I needed 3 seperate grinding sessions to get all pizzas and bobbleheads.
Thanks man. I have a feeling I'm going to need 3 or so sessions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #300
ExDeath928

ExDeath928's Gamercard
I just got all 3 achievements today after about 20 hours of MINAC idle farming. I don't mind some of these collectible achievements, but I wish they had a tracker that told you how many you have instead of having it randomly pop.
ExDeath928 is offline   Reply With Quote