PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Reach
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2011, 04:57 AM   #481
ToKeW8

ToKeW8's Gamercard
grrrrr i have tried a 10000 times on both level and cannot get this its driving me nuts ive tried every guide achievement isnt popping
ToKeW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:02 AM   #482
AtomicThumbs

AtomicThumbs's Gamercard
After doing the assassination dozens of times and getting nothing I decided to turn on the Black Eye skull and get rid of my shield with grenades. I got it on the first try.
AtomicThumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #483
zz1

ZZ8's Gamercard
Tips posted in OP are awesome! I mean the one that says you have to be slightly off aiming the elite. Because when i read this guys story about countless times he made it right and still havent got that chievo.. it was just like my story. I was getting that elite so many times killing it with any gun, any animation, tried nightfall level too, assasinated grunts too just because i was so bored about it.
Then I read it here, this guy says get it slightly off. And i do it. The first try and achievement unlocked. Its because i was already good enouth at this move to pull it like 5 to 10 successfull atemts in a row several times without getting that chievo.

So use this tip, or you will learn this move in counless hours too well without evin getting this achievement.
zz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #484
XSVNIGHTMAR3

XSV NIGHTMAR3's Gamercard
This isnt easy it just takes Time...and timing...
XSVNIGHTMAR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #485
XSVNIGHTMAR3

XSV NIGHTMAR3's Gamercard
Help

My advice to people would be to continue at it and dont give up...and try and work out the elites walk patterens
XSVNIGHTMAR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #486
stevgant

z yaltr's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicThumbs View Post
After doing the assassination dozens of times and getting nothing I decided to turn on the Black Eye skull and get rid of my shield with grenades. I got it on the first try.
Me too... I gave up on this achievement a year ago, read the black eye tip and decided to give it a try. On my first successful assassination of the elite, it popped.

Last edited by stevgant; 11-21-2011 at 04:47 PM.
stevgant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #487
firefighterwes

firefighterwest's Gamercard
Hey thanks
firefighterwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:54 AM   #488
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Took me 45 minutes to get.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #489
StormSerpent

Storm Serpent X's Gamercard
Wish i looked here first. spent 3 days trying till i finally got it.
StormSerpent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #490
Hamstawheel

Hamstawheel's Gamercard
Tried it every which way thats been posted on here. I don't care what anyone says about it not being glitched cause it is. If you have to do a trick to get it to pop then that is a glitch. Its BS that they put all this time into these games but they can't fix simple bugs like this.
Hamstawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #491
Xkyojinxpandax

NO EFF X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstawheel View Post
Tried it every which way thats been posted on here. I don't care what anyone says about it not being glitched cause it is. If you have to do a trick to get it to pop then that is a glitch. Its BS that they put all this time into these games but they can't fix simple bugs like this.
I've had the game since day one and tried every theory out there. I even did it from ontop of the spire using the jetpack with no luck (put it in my fileshare as Give me my achievement bungie!) A couple of days ago I decided to try it and finally got it within 2 tries. I feel bad for you, as all I can suggest is not to give up.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #492
secondfavorite

secondfavorite's Gamercard
this took a while but the not holding down sprint was biggest thing I didn't know about. Was so happy when I finally go this after like 20 tries!
secondfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #493
Freefaller

UrOrangeChicken's Gamercard
I got this on nightfall on my 4th try on legendary, near the beginning melee the first elite, then look down off the cliff. There should be an elite there. Go back and sprint off the ledge and cancel it yada yada yada and try to assassinate him. Even though the distance isn't enough to make you die it still counts. Got it the first time I successfully assassinated it. No skulls either.
Freefaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #494
FoxyLoxyultimate1337

Send a message via AIM to FoxyLoxyultimate1337 Send a message via Yahoo to FoxyLoxyultimate1337

FoxyPercival714's Gamercard
Took me FOREVER to get this!!! A WHOLE YEAR! On XBOX to get this!!!!

I kept doing what Geoff did on Achievement Hunter, I tried doing what that woman did on IGN did and did exactly until one day, I played on Legendary to get other achievements through story mode and decided to do it. After 9-11 deaths (through a recording) I finally GOT IT! I actually touched the Elite while my shields were gone so technically I did hit the ground but the Elite broke my fall and I performed the Assassination thus getting the achievement.

So one phrase comes to mind. "Result may Vary."
FoxyLoxyultimate1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 AM   #495
Bacon MacAnus

Bacon MacAnus's Gamercard
I've been trying to get this achievement for over a year now, just now found this site, so I'm definitely going to try the two videos on the first page, thanks for the help.
Bacon MacAnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:38 PM   #496
Bacon MacAnus

Bacon MacAnus's Gamercard
everytime I do it, it only melees instead of trying to assassinate, what am I doing wrong now?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #497
Freefaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon MacAnus View Post
everytime I do it, it only melees instead of trying to assassinate, what am I doing wrong now?
Hold the melee button to assassinate. You also have to land behind the Elite. If you land in front or beside you can't assassinate it.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #498
HaloResidentEvil4

MurtleisJordan's Gamercard
Seriously?
I can do this 30+ trys without failing
I was at my friends house I did this achivement for him and later on he was getting 1m firefight points, so I got bored and didnt feel like matchmaking
So I kept assinating the elite
Fun, Fun, Fun
HaloResidentEvil4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #499
fivebyfive200

I was having problems with this fucking twat of an achievement, tried the method in the 1st post, couldn't land near him as the elite would move then tried the nightfall level and couldn't do it

Had 1 last go on the pillar of autmum level again and then managed to kill the elite and the achievement didn't pop and managed to do it again after a few tries and still didn't pop.. Few tries later I finally did pop, the achievement is glitched as I have playback file of me assassinating the prick of elite and nothing happened (although you will not see the ach. pop in the playback).

I know the achievement means fuck all but the could of done a better and more enjoyable achievement to earn than that (plus they never bothered to fix it)

(any one who says its easy is full of shit)
fivebyfive200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #500
Freefaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivebyfive200 View Post
I was having problems with this fucking twat of an achievement, tried the method in the 1st post, couldn't land near him as the elite would move then tried the nightfall level and couldn't do it

Had 1 last go on the pillar of autmum level again and then managed to kill the elite and the achievement didn't pop and managed to do it again after a few tries and still didn't pop.. Few tries later I finally did pop, the achievement is glitched as I have playback file of me assassinating the prick of elite and nothing happened (although you will not see the ach. pop in the playback).

I know the achievement means fuck all but the could of done a better and more enjoyable achievement to earn than that (plus they never bothered to fix it)

(any one who says its easy is full of shit)
Unless they got lucky
Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #501
legelhcs

Wii Man0's Gamercard
Alright, I know this is a very very old topic, but I finally got around to doing this, and figured it couldn't hurt to share my experience (for those who just skip to the last page of the thread).

The best way I found to pull it off was to have the Iron Skull turned on, on Legendary, then grenade yourself to take out your shields at the very beginning. After a lot of failed attempts on my part, it seems that if you have shields full, then if you just land on the Elite, you won't die, and have to trigger a very specific assassination animation in order to get the achievement.

However, if you have your shields depleted, then landing on top of the Elite will kill you, and that means that you can now trigger the assassination animation where you stomp on his head to get the achievement (because otherwise that animation won't get it for you).

Also be sure to stop sprinting in the air, and I have had success with both the aiming slightly off and having my reticle red on him, so pick whichever one you have the highest assassination animation chance with. Hope this helps for those of you just getting around to cleaning up now.
legelhcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #502
procrasturbate

He Mom's Gamercard
still can't get it...
procrasturbate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #503
jhouser456

jhouser456's Gamercard
Insanity!
jhouser456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #504
leviathan937

Leviathan937's Gamercard
I tried for about 6 hours to get this today, i did it on normal, heroic, and legendary, i cleared my xbox cache, every freakin tip i could find on the internet. I had a string of successful assassination cut-scenes of 14 in a row... NOTHING

Then i changed from holding the pistol to holding the assault rifle.... FIRST GO it unlocked.

So if you haven't tried it yet, I'd say try changing the weapon you have out, that's the only thing i can accredit my getting this achievement to, because i did absolutely nothing different and must have got the cut-scene about 150 times without it popping.

My collection?
15x 360 consoles, 240+ retails games
(and counting)
leviathan937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #505
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

tried this about 10 times.. all different ways. i got the assassination animation a few times, but no achievement!

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #506
leviathan937

Leviathan937's Gamercard
Try swaping weapons, and/or putting on the black eye skull and then standing on a grenade so you have no sheild and less health. Maybe it'l help maybe it wont, but thats what i did after ages of trying, and it finally unlocked.

My collection?
(and counting)
Old 06-22-2012, 02:40 AM   #507
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan937 View Post
Try swaping weapons, and/or putting on the black eye skull and then standing on a grenade so you have no sheild and less health. Maybe it'l help maybe it wont, but thats what i did after ages of trying, and it finally unlocked.
ill try it with the black eye skull on, thats the only way i havent tried yet.

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!
kyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #508
Yagammi0

Yagammi0's Gamercard
I am gonna try this achievement is a pain!
Yagammi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #509
EazyCompany

Pretty easy, This is what I did

Go to the Nightfall mission ( i believe that's what it's called, haven't played for a while :P )

The first ledge you get to, there is an Elite down below, all you must do is not disturb anyone, and assassinate the Elite.

The thing is timing, I didn't stop sprinting, and I assassinated him and still didn't get the Ach. What I realized is when you stab him you touch ground for a split second, try waiting it out for the perfect time where he just turns his back to you, then you should run and be able to get it

Got it in less than 10 tries after failing over 200 times on PoA
EazyCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #510
leviathan937

Leviathan937's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyCompany View Post
Pretty easy, This is what I did

Go to the Nightfall mission ( i believe that's what it's called, haven't played for a while :P )

The first ledge you get to, there is an Elite down below, all you must do is not disturb anyone, and assassinate the Elite.

The thing is timing, I didn't stop sprinting, and I assassinated him and still didn't get the Ach. What I realized is when you stab him you touch ground for a split second, try waiting it out for the perfect time where he just turns his back to you, then you should run and be able to get it

Got it in less than 10 tries after failing over 200 times on PoA

I'm not sure that you touching the ground is the issue, i got the animation to work uncountable times when trying for this, but for the most part it was the assassination where you land on their head and stomp in them into the ground, so no chance that "timing" is the issue, the acheivement is just buggy, if you got it pretty quickly then your one of the lucky ones.

Another thing to try if you have a friend who unlocked this achievement easily, is borrow their copy of the disc. I have played another game where an achievement would not unlock no matter how many times i tried, and then i used a different game disc and it unlocked first time. I cannot think of a single reason why the two discs would be different but cant hurt to try...

Matt

My collection?
(and counting)