PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Splosion Man
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2011, 11:38 PM   #91
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I don't even know if I want to attempt this.... maybe after beating the game so recently it would be a good idea to try it out?

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #92
ooandyb

ooandyb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver893 View Post
I don't even know if I want to attempt this.... maybe after beating the game so recently it would be a good idea to try it out?
Might as well give it a try. The worst thing that could happen is you'll throw your controller through your TV, then grab your xbox and throw it out the window and accidentally hit some unsuspecting pedestrian.
ooandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #93
aSMiLoN

asmilonGR's Gamercard
Finally got it yesterday! Very satisfying to have achieved it, since it was quite hard!

I never intended to go through Hardcore after finishing Normal, because of how brutal I though it was, but after a couple of weeks when I played again with I friend on multiplayer I just needed to play more Splosion Man, so I started it. Not as hard as I first thought, but hard indeed. The most annoying part was the non skippable cutscenes - after 4-5 times they get old really fast.

PS to who decided to include 3-4 on Hardcore: I don't like you very much
Old 01-25-2011, 04:20 PM   #94
ooandyb

ooandyb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSMiLoN View Post
Finally got it yesterday! Very satisfying to have achieved it, since it was quite hard!

I never intended to go through Hardcore after finishing Normal, because of how brutal I though it was, but after a couple of weeks when I played again with I friend on multiplayer I just needed to play more Splosion Man, so I started it. Not as hard as I first thought, but hard indeed. The most annoying part was the non skippable cutscenes - after 4-5 times they get old really fast.

PS to who decided to include 3-4 on Hardcore: I don't like you very much
Agreed. The cutscenes just about ruined my life and definitely destroyed my mental well being. I can't believe games are still made with unskipable cutscenes.
ooandyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #95
DemonDuffeh

demonduffeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooandyb View Post
Agreed. The cutscenes just about ruined my life and definitely destroyed my mental well being. I can't believe games are still made with unskipable cutscenes.
I agree i had to watch the cutscene on 2-6 50+ times and on the 2nd boss i had to restart so much the cut scene glitched so it was just a regular small guy floating lol

Finally got this other day you can tell it hard wen on leaderboards only 2501 people have this achievment out of the 300,000+ people who own the game.
DemonDuffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #96
Corrupt.
Super Big Time Fun

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
I'm struggling on regular, I doubt I'll ever get this one. I will try however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #97
Laajm

Laajm's Gamercard
Just finished the first world on hardcore... Feel like the worst is yet to come...

[insert pep talk here]
Laajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #98
Laajm

Laajm's Gamercard
World two completed, and I've only had trouble with 2-4 & 2-6 so far (maybye spent 40 minutes on these two levels at total, so it wasn't that bad). Took some time on the second boss as well, but haha, that was mostly because of that I did a TON of really stupid misstakes on the second part of the level. Now let's see what World 3 has to offer...
Old 02-26-2011, 01:34 PM   #99
Dunbine

Aura Battler's Gamercard
I got the Hardcore achievement while ago. I admit it's really hard and time-consuming. It's a good time to train your endurance!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:29 PM   #100
thoseAREmySHOES

thoseAREmySHOES's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I got "All Hail the Splode King" yesterday! I did it in two sittings! It was fun, but not overly frustrating besides the unskippable cutscenes. Although 3-17 definitely got exhausting with how long the level was. It's not a difficult level, but when it is ~6 minutes long, it is hard not to screw up.

thoseAREmySHOES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:32 PM   #101
Laajm

Laajm's Gamercard
Got it yesterday, yay! Happy that it is over, won't probably play that game ever again, haha...
Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #102
xvx Foot xvx

xvx Foot xvx's Gamercard
Earned mine last night after a looooooong "break" from 'Splosion Man. Had to clear my cache to get past the 3-4 impossible jump. Everything else went ok until 3-17 which I spent a good 3 to 4 hours on. Not because anything in it is too difficult, but because the level is so long it took a bit to get it down enough to not die at some point. Now just have the multiplayer to finish (on 3-2) and I'll have my 200. Definitely a love/hate game, but I'm still a Twisted Pixel fan!

-foot

Last edited by xvx Foot xvx; 04-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.
xvx Foot xvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #103
Adas life

Adas lost life's Gamercard
Right now I'm stuck on 3-4. I can get past the difficult jump, but I keep dying at the electric wall that turns on and off. I'm about ready to just do what the game wants and embed my controller into the screen.
Adas life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:14 AM   #104
Derrock

Derrock147's Gamercard
I found it to be a pretty easy achievement, finished it in about 4 days. Only got stuck on a couple of levels. My advice is if you get stuck... take a break, calm down... then watch a video on the level and try again. Most of the time I would beat the level on my first attempt after taking a break. Good luck!
Derrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM   #105
DragzZ

DragsS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrock View Post
I found it to be a pretty easy achievement, finished it in about 4 days. Only got stuck on a couple of levels. My advice is if you get stuck... take a break, calm down... then watch a video on the level and try again. Most of the time I would beat the level on my first attempt after taking a break. Good luck!
I agree, this achievement isn't nearly as difficult as I first thought it was going to be

Arcade 100%

DragzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #106
GrimReaperX4

GrimReaperX4's Gamercard
The Hardcore achievement wasn't that bad. Much like SMB, you don't have to replay that much when you die, so you're never looking at replaying more than 5 minutes or so at the most.
Playing through the level first on Normal helps as well. Playing it on Hardcore immediately after that is advisable since you'll then remember what's coming up.
GrimReaperX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #107
StakemZ

I Stakey I's Gamercard
I have finally decided that this stupid fucking achievement isn't worth it. Challenges I can handle but this game? It isn't challenging, it's fucking stupid. I hate the flying laser robots with a burning passion. So random it's ridiculous. Unskippable cutscenes don't help either. Super Meat Boy was challening, this game is just annoyingly stupid.
StakemZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #108
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Nice work man. I just took the devs sarcastic advice and moved on.

I beat the first world on Hardcore just for kicks, but I knew what awaited me if I continued so I stopped there.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #109
Regimitz

I did it a few days ago, too. Was frustrating at times, especially the boss fights... I hated the fact that they were more random than actually challenging. Oddly, I still beat the game on hardcore faster than the initial playthrough
Regimitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #110
Mr914

theFATcatGREEDY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regimitz View Post
I did it a few days ago, too. Was frustrating at times, especially the boss fights... I hated the fact that they were more random than actually challenging. Oddly, I still beat the game on hardcore faster than the initial playthrough
Same for me. I'm happy it's done. I did one level every few days as to not get completely frustrated. Only thing left are the multiplayer achievements...
Mr914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #111
Scrappylive

Scrappylive's Gamercard
Holy ! There should be an achievement for just 3-17 alone. That one took me a solid 3-4 hours -- probably half the time I spent on hardcore mode total.

But it is finally over. Now for the multiplayer achievements...

100% (Arcade)
20 games
Scrappylive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #112
Fire Hawk D

Send a message via AIM to Fire Hawk D Send a message via Yahoo to Fire Hawk D

Fire Hawk D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Finally finished Hardcore and the multiplayer. Feels so good. =D

I started this game in Nov 2009 and got my last achievement back in 2010. Took three years to finally get around to it.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #113
Fixboss

FIXBOSS's Gamercard
Finally finished that hardcore mode!! Wow it was tough and I died a lot... I can say that it was not a piece of cake!! Took me way to much time... Now I just need to finish the co-op the get 100%.
Fixboss is offline   Reply With Quote