PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Final Fantasy XIII-2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
ElaineDeShalott

elainedeshalott's Gamercard
Monsters and Giant's Fist

Are there any captured monsters capable of popping the Giant's Fist achievement?
ElaineDeShalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
Terra Branford

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineDeShalott View Post
Are there any captured monsters capable of popping the Giant's Fist achievement?
Right off the top of my head, Chichu is easily able to pop the Giant's Fist achievement, even prior to being infused (though, you'll need to level him up with all Power materials).
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Acydyk

Why do you want to unlock this with a monster? It's a lot harder that way, as you can't control them. I had a tough enough time getting it by using Noel, because my teammates would kill the target too fast.

I tried about 5-6 times while working on the bestiary fragment. I got it on Dreadnought with Noel's Odinblade (159/160 fragments) and three power wristbands. His total power was around 1200-1250 or so. Even then, I still needed 999% chain, deprotect, and bravery. Just queue up regular attacks, and launch them right before the stagger bar ends. You should land the 99999.

Must be some kind of personal mission if you want to unlock this with a monster. lol. I guess you can do the same thing with a Chichu, just switch him in with about half an inch of stagger bar left and pray.
Acydyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
ElaineDeShalott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acydyk View Post
Why do you want to unlock this with a monster? It's a lot harder that way, as you can't control them. I had a tough enough time getting it by using Noel, because my teammates would kill the target too fast.

I tried about 5-6 times while working on the bestiary fragment. I got it on Dreadnought with Noel's Odinblade (159/160 fragments) and three power wristbands. His total power was around 1200-1250 or so. Even then, I still needed 999% chain, deprotect, and bravery. Just queue up regular attacks, and launch them right before the stagger bar ends. You should land the 99999.

Must be some kind of personal mission if you want to unlock this with a monster. lol. I guess you can do the same thing with a Chichu, just switch him in with about half an inch of stagger bar left and pray.
I completed the game on the ps3. To make replay more interesting I thought I would level to maximize Noel's magic & Serah's strength. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be locking myself out of this achievement.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
Terra Branford

Quote:
I completed the game on the ps3. To make replay more interesting I thought I would level to maximize Noel's magic & Serah's strength. I wanted to make sure I wouldn't be locking myself out of this achievement.
That makes sense to me. Since you've already finished the game on PS3, you likely already know were to get Chichu, and the materials needed for him. I can tell you for 100% that Chichu hits the damage cap (I do it on Raspatil all the time, as well as on Long Gui, and against Gilgamesh)... so at least that one monster can do it for you. But you might need to infuse Strength +35% into him after capping his level.
Terra Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
Acydyk

Quote:
Interesting idea. I guess it's possible with Chichu since he goes well over 1200 str even without the +35% str. With bravery and deprotect, it shouldn't be a big deal. Your Chichu needs to be level 60 to learn Scourge though (which is the skill that enables the extra damage right at the end of the stagger bar).

Out of curiosity, does the game automatically choose physical attacks for Serah and magic attacks for Noel on auto battle since their respective "higher attack" stats are switched?
Acydyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #7
ElaineDeShalott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acydyk View Post
Out of curiosity, does the game automatically choose physical attacks for Serah and magic attacks for Noel on auto battle since their respective "higher attack" stats are switched?
I haven't got that far yet. I was asking the question before I start so I don't get that far and find myself having to play through again just for one achievement, however, I would expect so. As I recall in XIII with Lightning who was pretty even on the two stats you could get the AI to change whether she would use physical or magic attacks either with accessories or by casting faith or bravery on her.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Odin with zantetsuken can. However i did it myself on a long gui stagger to 999 with lightning then have sazh cast bravery and i just hit him normally and got it. didnt need meteor javelin

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #9
RadicalSniper99

RadicalSniper99's Gamercard
Gold Chocobo on Long Gui. I fully leveled the Gold Chocobo using the Potent Items and by the time I got the Long Gui to 999.9 Stagger with Deshell/Deprotect the Gold easily got 99,999 before I could set up to use Meteor Javelin.

O, and I didn't need to do any infusions either for this.

Retail- Enchanted Arms, Phantasy Star Universe (Base 1000, no dowload), Borderlands (Full 1750), Lollipop Chainsaw, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Prototype II

Arcade - Galaga, Crystal Quest, Uno, Worms, Boom Boom Rocket, Arkadian Warriors, Banjo Kazooie, Crystal Defenders, Dash of Destruction, The Maw, 1 vs 100, Bastion, Harms Way, Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, 3D Ultra Minigolf, Deathspank

Last edited by RadicalSniper99; 04-30-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Addition to Original Post
RadicalSniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote