PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #61
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighsounD View Post
Played a game on Noshar Canals yesterday when I noticed a enemy boat sneaking up on us and parking next to my teammate, then saw my teammate standing there with his repair torch using it on the boat and the enemy didn't jump out. Made the conclusion that they were trying to boost it. What do I do? Kill the enemy of course

A few minutes later they try the same thing so I sprint over there from across the map and just as my teammate is about to blow the boat up I put C4 on it and detonate to get the kill. My teammate then followed me around the entire game shooting at me lol.

Eventually they tried to do it the other way, my teammate took a jeep and went to the docks behind B and then let his friend try to torch him. Fast as an eagle I'm there killing the enemy just as my teammates jeep is about to blow up.

After the game I sent them both a message saying "Aaw, no boosting for you". They both replied in French and using google translate I got this: "Fuck you dirty foreigner".

WINNING!
hahaha

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #62
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofDeath86 View Post
About your Claymore Signature, im amazed at how retarded people are. I mean they show up as an orange blob on the mini map but i still see people being killed by them left an right. I bet they were cake to get kills with before the update as nobody could see them but friendlies.
I know right ? It still seems just as easy tho even tho they appear when you first put them down. I got a nemesis kill the other day because this guy kept running up the same spot into my claymores. The only time someone blows them up is when I put them down if they still see me on kill cam. I get hate mail because I use them alot lol its so funny.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #63
ChosenOne

SlayingADragon's Gamercard
Two tricks: You can either take the torch to the MAV if it gets low enough or

I don't know if it was a glitch or not, but I ran up to the enemy vehicle, the guy jumped out, but I still kept using the torch on the unoccupied vehicle till it blew up and I completed the assignment. Don't know how it happened but that's what worked for me.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #64
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

just destroy an enemy spawn beacon or a enemy mortar and you've got it

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #65
Tomcat31

Tomcat31b's Gamercard
I completed mine tonight by using the torch on a T-UGS.

Semper Fidelis

Tomcat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:14 AM   #66
El Bucz

El Bucz's Gamercard
Played for like 8 hours yesterday, hunting to get something to burn it down. Tried Conquest, Rush, Conquest Assault, nothing. Then, my XBox Live mate said "Hey, there is an EOD Bot in the middle of the map, want to burn it?!" when I was in a Viper, fightning some other chopper. When I heard that I jumped out of the choppa, killing the shooter, got to a a Jeep and got it, finally.

Today, my young soon to be brother in law was watching me play some Rush on Kharg Island. It was the first game today for me. Me in a tank vs. AAV-7A1 AMTRAC and a Tech. Couple of shots at the AAV, my tank started to burn, went out, killed the Tech and he said "Hey, use the torch on that big something". I was like "Naaah, to much burning and there is more than one person inside of it, won't stand a chance". But just for the f*ck of it - I went and started to burn it. Guess what - 4 guys inside, no one left it to the very end. My point? You should listen to children sometimes, they see people as they really are. Stupid. The people, not the kids. Or maybe, nvm, lol.

El Bucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #67
mark197205

mark197205's Gamercard
Managed this today, some guy was so distracted defending an MCOM in his tank and fighting off all my team-mates he didnt see me sneak up behind his disabled tank and torch it til it blew with him in it.

Games at 100% = 9 (8 retail, 1 XBLA)
Games being worked on = A few..
mark197205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:29 AM   #68
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH 1975 View Post
This. If all else fails then nothing is easier to find and destroy than spawn beacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #69
Flyn Dutchmn

flyn dutchmn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSH 1975 View Post
Didn't know this, thanks!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #70
d00gler

C Wrecks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Thank you for the tips about destroying enemy equipment such as mortar, t-ugs, spawn deploy, etc. I have been trying to get it by destroying a tank for a few weeks to no avail - teammates end up destroying the tank or I will end up getting shot while being a fool with the repair torch against a burning tank!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
TuM Predator

Send a message via MSN to TuM Predator

TuM Predator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Ok I tried the EOD bot and it's NO help atall..same problem as the repair torch, when their tank is disabled they'll either get out and run or the second person will get out and repair it and shoot my EOD..

How are people getting this seriosuly?
i just boosted this with a friend.. just search with a friend and wait until on opposite teams.. or switch then just drive a jeep or buggy out the map and BOOM!

!Join The Fight!
Signature By Xerofox
TuM Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuM Predator View Post
i just boosted this with a friend.. just search with a friend and wait until on opposite teams.. or switch then just drive a jeep or buggy out the map and BOOM!
No need to boost it. Wait for an enemy mortar to make themselves obvious, shoot the guy using it, and destroy the mortar. Piece of cake.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #73
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Like many others, destroying a Mortar seems to be the easiest way. If you're not boosting this, it's dam near impossible to get legit. Whose gonna run up to a Tank and try to destroy it with a torch? That's just crazy talk.

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #74
derspiess

derspiess42's Gamercard
Ever since I read this thread I've never come across any enemy equipment when I have a torch-equipped Engineer. Part of it's bad luck, part if it's the fact that I like AT mines a little too much
derspiess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #75
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Fuck all
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
If some people are still having major trouble then apart from finding a mortar, I noticed that spawn beacons are a lot less rare if you know where to look, good small maps would be like Grand Bazaar or Operation Metro are where you want to look, mainly around each flag area or enemy/own base for one. Once your near one it ill pop up on your minimap and you will hear it too, much easier to spot than a mortar imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Last edited by Barad; 03-14-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #76
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
much easier to spot than a mortar imo.
Mortars show up pretty constantly on the radar, that's why I think they're easy. Problem is, half the time they're out of your zone at the enemy deployment
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #77
XxINYOUREYE11xX

BlackHoleFTW's Gamercard
I've done this several times to guys in the gunners seat in a humvee, if they are just sitting somewhere you can sneak up on them and burn it down. Although the equipment thing would be much easier. I actually got my cheevo on a tank with 3 guys in it, they were too busy fighting our helicopter while I was in the back burning their tank down

XxINYOUREYE11xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #78
Arsenic 17

Arsenic 17's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Diamond   Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
I did this maybe twice over 250hrs on BC2.. Literally it's impossible to do it on this game as enemies will always jump out and kill you. I've came as close as disabling a few but even after that you have to hold the repair tool on the vehicle for about 10 seconds to finally destroy it. I'm talking about tanks here as the AMTRAC's & BTR's are even stonger, where as jeeps and buggies are fast and are never stood still.

Anyone even done this yet?
I think a better question is how the hell did you play 250 hours in this game in less than 2 months since its release? Did you spend all 250 hours with a repair torch equipped? Doubt it.

Also like it has been said this is very easy to do. And very helpful and your only option to fight a tank if your engineer is equipped with air missiles. Have done this countless times. Just have to have the balls to run up to a tank and go. People rarely jump out.

GOAL : 300,000 Gamersore by Dec 31, 2015 -
331 COMPLETED GAMES (116 WP / 84 360 / 32 W8 / 2 GFWL / 15 XB1 / 81 XBLA / 3 Other)

Check out my 130 Achievement Guides <HERE>

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @Lumiatography < LINK
Arsenic 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #79
BBDrew84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic 17 View Post
I think a better question is how the hell did you play 250 hours in this game in less than 2 months since its release? Did you spend all 250 hours with a repair torch equipped? Doubt it.

Also like it has been said this is very easy to do. And very helpful and your only option to fight a tank if your engineer is equipped with air missiles. Have done this countless times. Just have to have the balls to run up to a tank and go. People rarely jump out.
Trying to take a tank down with a repair torch before the latest patch was near impossible. The repair torch did too little to tanks armor but now that the repair torch has been buffed and the tanks nerfed it is a lot easier to do.

Also what game do you play that people never jump out of vehicles, it seems like the moment a vehicle is disabled people are jumping ship.

But I see that you only have two repair torch kills, so maybe before you say it is easy you should have a little more experience or know what your talking about. http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/Arsenic%2017

Last edited by BBDrew84; 05-04-2012 at 10:29 PM.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:29 PM   #80
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I'm so glad I found this thread! Been trying to take out a vehicle with the torch for ages with no luck but after reading this, I simply destroyed the next spawn beacon I found and completed the assignment! Thanks!

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #81
RocketMan35

RocketMan35's Gamercard
I got mine by torching a spawn beacon on Gulf of Oman. Mortars also count as vehicles.
RocketMan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #82
KnightOfTruth

Slye Knight's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by o D M C o View Post
I got this on one of those big vehicles that act as mobile spawn points (Amtrak or something). Unlike tanks you dont repair them once the enemy exits, so you can damage them with the torch when there are no enemies about.
Also got mine with this, only took a few moments but it was fun!

Currently looking for Online Boosting help with:
Mortal Kombat vs. DC, SSFIV, BF:BC1, AC:Brotherhood
(if you see a game in my played list, I can probably still help you with it)
KnightOfTruth is offline   Reply With Quote