Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Iron Man
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #31
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, I was thinking of renting it. I'm going to check out some gameplay before I do though.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #32
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
This game is really not so horrible. It's not great, but not bad either.

The main problem is the difficuilty. At easy you're practically invincible, at formidable you're constantly bombarded. But still doable if you're taking your time.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM   #33
TOPPSTUNNA

TOPPSTUNNA's Gamercard
Anytime they make a movie into a video game it's always bad.
i can say they is maybe a hand full of games that have been
good coming from the theaters.
TOPPSTUNNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:45 AM   #34
Matthew Murdock

ace adair's Gamercard
i got bored of it pretty quick, but i have played worse
Matthew Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #35
Mickey McMicks

Mickey McMicks's Gamercard
Is the game bad? Yes
Are the controls worse? Probably
Is it an easy 1000GP? Yes...only reason to buy/rent/play.

Even if you just play it for the points and don't want to deal with Formidable, you can get some quick decent points out of it.
Mickey McMicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #36
Fried Cola

OMG there is way worse out there, Iron Man the game ain't the greatest but it isn't that bad. The camera and controls aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be (the controls take some getting used to), but being a Secret Level game it does have an undeniable feel of being mediocre (like why does Stark look like Stallone?? and the difficulty being mostly in the form of cartoony waves of missles that keep blasting u)

no random friend requests accepted.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #37
MaXx Ownage

MaXx Ownage's Gamercard
I am actually quite enjoying this game so far, the controls are a bit hard to get used to but with so many buttons it is difficult to get it right for most games.

Complete Games:
Final Fantasy XIII, Blue Dragon, Enchanted Arms, Phantasy Star Universe, LA Noire, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Destroy All Humans, NFS Most Wanted....

Currently Playing: Star Ocean: The Last Hope, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, RAGE
MaXx Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #38
The True Multar

The True Multar's Gamercard
game is underated, I love games with hard modes that are a challange to beat and the chaos and destruction, plus I thought the achievment were pretty easy
The True Multar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:55 PM   #39
doubleminor

mustained13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Cola View Post
OMG there is way worse out there, Iron Man the game ain't the greatest but it isn't that bad. The camera and controls aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be (the controls take some getting used to), but being a Secret Level game it does have an undeniable feel of being mediocre (like why does Stark look like Stallone?? and the difficulty being mostly in the form of cartoony waves of missles that keep blasting u)
This.

Game isn't that bad; you'll get used to it. But, the amount of missiles flying at you is ridiculous. It's as if every enemy in the game comes equipped with a launcher. I just picked it up again after three years to finish the final two difficulty achievements. Got them today for the 1kG

On to Iron Man 2!
doubleminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #40
mstevensoneast

Fatman2008's Gamercard
True that, True that
mstevensoneast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #41
Krizalid1985

Krizalid1985's Gamercard
the movie is so wonderful,one of the best movies from a marvel super heroes,but the game is completely shit!
Krizalid1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #42
Goldenknight

I agree with OP
Goldenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #43
YhoJo Kinson

YhoJo Kinson's Gamercard
Though many people agree with what the OP states, i do think it's worth while telling the readers why instead of repeating the same S-word over and over.

The cut-scenes are bold in this game, there are no textures in them and this makes you want to skip every cut-scene on the game which then removes the point of following the story line.

This game isn't ideal for kids because the controls are difficult to learn, kids games are all about fun and ease of use, this game doesn't contain those two aspects.

Though i've played so far through, it is fairly entertaining, but it is very repetative.

The levels are basic, the artwork is basic and all the scenery is an eye-sore.

These levels look like something from a Flight Simulator Package back in the late 90's.

You have 4 live within each level to complete, i started straight on Hard mode, and it only takes two missiles to lose a life, and all four can be gone within the first 5 minutes of play.

The levels bring you 'money' though not much use, to ugrade parts of your suit, but each level finished, a new part can be upgraded but it's retrictive.

The game play is average, but when trying to grab a helicopter or a jet it can be a very frustrating task to accomplish.

All in all, this game isn't waht anyone would expect to find considering such a brilliant film.

Unfortunatley i've also got the second game but unsure what it's like atm.

My advice, if you want this game for achievements, make sure you have other games to play too otherwise you may be tempted to go outside and play.

Hope this gives a better review of the game than some previous posts on here.

created by YJK

100% Games

Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4, CODMW2, Assassin's Creed, Terminator Salvation, Bully Scholership Edition, Captain America, L.A. Noire, and a few more.

100% Arcade

Call of Duty: Classics

Extreme Fan, Click Here and check out some real music!!

Visit The Forum Here and discover more!
YhoJo Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #44
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
See my signature?

I love my Marvel superheroes. I see every movie on day one, and pre-order every game...even when previews hint at a lousy title. I've done the replay on an unlocked hard level (a cheap developer move to claim replay value, total BS) for Wolverine, Thor, even suffered through FF:RotSS twice.

And I have 375 on Iron Man. It was one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had. Talk about the opposite of making you feel like the hero; every level is just a chaos of crap hitting you. The bonus objectives are unreasonable and zero fun. I still have the disc, along with Iron Man 2 (zero gamerscore; the demo conviced me it was just as bad)...someday I may end up home for a month with a broken leg or something.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #45
XY Gameboi4Ever

XY Gameboi4Ever's Gamercard
When I first put in Iron Man, I thought it was a low end game. I also thought the difficulty was too high(even on easy) to make it enjoyable. Then I played Iron Man 2. That made me change my mind about the first one. Things could always be worse.

In my opinion, Iron Man isn't that bad. I unlocked my last achievement for beating it on Formidable after work on Friday(Oct 14) and I was surprised. I expected it to take me the whole weekend, and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. But the last 8 missions I had to do went pretty well. Once you know what to do, its just about doing it. I did 4 complete playthroughs of this game. Once on all difficulties and once more on easy mode just to have a saved game with all objectives completed. The second time I played it on easy was a breeze. If you've played Iron Man 2, then you know the controls can be much worse. I learned to deal with them and came out of the experience unscathed. I don't think its something to be proud of. I think its kind of normal. It really not that bad. Another 1000g earned. Iron Man 2 is worse game to put yourself through. I'm playing it now so I can honestly say the first Iron Man was better, and that's sad. But like I said, that's my opinion. To each their own.

Roxy held me down and forced me to drink bleach while singing "I'm A Little Teapot." Then I had to write an 30 page essay on double posting being a gateway into terrorism.... I learned my lesson. She broke my nose and told me to kick rocks anyways.
XY Gameboi4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #46
Corrupt.
"Tits"

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team
Total Awards: 46 (more» ...)
The game itself isn't too bad, it is the difficulty spike when you go to Formidable difficulty...

Currently Working on: TY The Tasmanian Tiger (W8)
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #47
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPPSTUNNA View Post
Anytime they make a movie into a video game it's always bad.
i can say they is maybe a hand full of games that have been
good coming from the theaters.
Totally untrue. This is a bullshit bias people have. This game is great. Badass mech with a coky smartassed bilionare stuffed inside.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
Ludo dave

Send a message via MSN to Ludo dave

Ludo dave's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouP x360a View Post
i think this game is actually really fun, only a little repetitive. the hard difficulty isnt even that tough till you get to the last few missions
agreed i enjoyed it alot wasn't close to being the best game i played but great still
Ludo dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #49
Ludo dave

Send a message via MSN to Ludo dave

Ludo dave's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cuda View Post
Totally untrue. This is a bullshit bias people have. This game is great. Badass mech with a coky smartassed bilionare stuffed inside.
couldn't have said it any better great game
Ludo dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:45 AM   #50
sT BlitzKrieg Tz

STL BlitzKrieg's Gamercard
Yep. It's a piece of garbage indeed. And bad camera controls which gives me pain in the brain!

Awesome Sig & Avatar thanks to LankstaTDOT
My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;
situation excellent, I am attacking!

sT BlitzKrieg Tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #51
Ninja Eagle

Captain Cotchy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I enjoyed being a total badass.

Ninja Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #52
Knomadic

Knomadic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
This isn't the best game in the world. I couldn't complain because it was $5.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #53
IEO500

IEO500's Gamercard
I havent played this game but I watched a review of it... sounds bad but he says only worth below 1.