After I got over the crappy moments. This game is DEFINITELY worth it.

TTD187

I bought this game for £14.99 from Amazon, brand new. Gold Edition. I am so happy I did. I absolutely love this game. I was liking the story and I was getting used to the gameplay, but that damn AI. It's not good to start on Normal unless you're playing with a friend. I asked for help on the final boss but hey, I did beat it in the end right? I felt so happy about that. I'm now playing through again! I've got unlimited ammo in my M92 and L. Hawk and they are absolutely beautiful. I've found that there's even a little bit of teamwork between me and the AI, Sheva fires the M92 to slow the Zombie down and then blow a hole in their chest/leg/arm/shoulder/head and they die one shot. It's at the point where I really don't care for headshots because they die on hit. Even the lickers are easily killed.

I've logged in 22 hours currently and I'm still not bored. I'll usually begin to get bored at around 20-30 hours if I'm playing more than once and during the second time, I will want to turn it off and never come back, but I turn it off and I do want to come back, I'm on here right now and I want to go back. I want to buy all the weapons. I want to upgrade them all, unlock all new weapons, upgrade them, I want to unlock infinite ammo for all of my weapons. I just want to keep playing it until I've done. But once I've done, I know I'll come back just because I love it that much.

I played the demo before I got an Xbox. I died so easily because I just didn't know what to do. I played the demo when I got my Xbox, whenever I played the demo, I always died because I didn't know what to do. But once you get the game, you find that because you know more, you've automatically picked up a few tactics. If you die, you think "Ahh, well, I'll try something else this time." But that's not to say that you will get frustrated sometimes throughout the game if you're not entirely sure what to do but most things are straight forward as long as you think and don't treat it like Gears of War and just go straight into cover and start shooting everything.

The DLC on the other hand, I've played both add-on campaigns. I like them, but they don't interest me that much. Lost in Nightmares is very slow until you get to the boss and that can be a little confusing. I've beaten it, but I still don't know what to do. That add-on chapter is also very challenging for the mind because you need to do a lot of running around and thinking "where do I go, ahh, I see, dammit! Wrong place, where is everything?" Desperate Escape on the other hand - lots and lots of enemies, there's an achievement for killing 150 enemies by yourself, it's possible because I think the enemies infinitely respawn but waiting for them to come at you can be a bit tedius, plus counting how many you've killed - is probably my least favourite, it lacks the creepiness factor I found with the other add-on chapter. But what was wrong with both of them was that I don't know if you can get the infinite ammo on those which can be a little frustrating if you do happen to run out of ammo but that is very unlikely. You don't seem to have a wild choice of weapons for them though. I haven't played the Versus mode or Mercenaries United yet but I've played with the costumes and I've found my new "sexy outfit" Sheva is dressed like Red Riding Hood with a nice skirt and she's showing a bit of cleavage but it's the skirt that really gets me. It's the perfect length for me but the cleavage part, I'm not really into push up so I'd be happy if there wasn't quite so much push but hey! I'm not complaining! Also Chris has a pretty epic outfit called "Heavy Metal" which has him wearing a Gears of War like armour outfit, he also has lots of tattoes which looks pretty cool, as if he's been hardened by battle.

After all that rambling about how I love the game so much, I'm coming to the conclusion that, if you played the demo and you liked it? You MUST get the game. If you played the demo and didn't like it. Then I suggest you see if any of your friends have it so you can really give it ago. Once you start, I believe you'll want to do everything. Games with awesome unlockables which you keep over playthroughs is what makes a games replayability high. People even still play online! After all this time. Left 4 Dead 2 seems to be hard to get into a game sometimes. Dead Rising 2 is litterally at the point of no return. Resident Evil 5, in my opinion, is a god among games. I am glad I bought this game, I can't wait for ORC, RE4 and RE: Case Veronica to come out on the 360. Although, I will wait for them to come down in price, I will definitely be enjoying and if they're as good as RE5, I definitely recomend anyone buying them! This game gets a 10/10 in my opinion! One of the most fun games I've played in a while on single player and multiplayer.

I'd like to thank everyone for reading and I'd like to ask for your feedback and what your opinions are. Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently loving the game too after picking the Gold Edition up for £12 on Amazon! :) Huge fan of co-opable games so that was a huge tick! Loving the New Game+ feature and the quest to upgrade weapons and discover more whilst going for that elusive unlimited ammo unlock! Haven't touched the DLCs yet so can't comment on those. Story was a beat weak in places and wasn't too fussed on the ending but would highly recommend to anyone for the price if they have a real life partner!

This game overall earns an 8 from me-DISLCUDING the DLC. Every aspect of the game I really lik, but the story is weak. It's not a bad one, just a weak one. Anyway I'm looking to boost Versus as well if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yea this game is pretty cool. I bought it ages ago played it for about 5 minutes & just didn't like it, but I started playing it last week and I don't know why I didn't like it. Yes, there are times, lots of times, where I go into a rage, usually because the AI is single shot firing the machine gun with infinite ammo, or when they just stand there looking at you while you're dying, or when you're trying to speed through a level & all the AI wants to do is run off to the other side of the map, or ... ... ... you get eh idea...

So apart from the AI, the game owns. I completed the normal version of the game, just need to complete it on Pro and get S on every level to get the last figurine to get the last two achievements.

I've just ordered the Gold edition to give me some more play time whoop

• 2 months later...

I thought the game was by itself, but was weak as an entry in the Resident Evil series. I thought the end levels were a little ridiculous story and gameplay-wise, but otherwise the game was solid. It just lost the charm that makes Resident Evil what it is. Running around as a bulked up Macho Chris Redfield while hunting down B.O.W's just kills the helpless feeling of survival that accompanied us in RE1-4.

The game's got a lotta good moments to balance out the bad ones, if you ask me. The best of them are unintentionally hilarious.

1.) Chris -punching- a friggin' boulder. What the hell?!

2.) Chris' conversation with Jill: "If you don't billions of people will die!" "Yeah, but--" No, Chris. Just no. Nothing you can say in that situation can justify letting the world be destroyed. The hell are you thinking?