PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Simulation > Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ammo

I just started playing this and I did search it but in the first helicopter mission...sort of a tutorial...is there any place or anyway to get more ammo? I ran out and it left me with no option but to start the mission again.

So, are there any "ammo dumps" around to get more? Or am I screwed, until I can aim better?

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #2
minh2

Send a message via Skype™ to minh2

minh2's Gamercard
You have to practice using the machine gun more, the machine gun has infinite ammo. Use the Rockets when you get to each new group of targets to kill most of them rapidly, and then use the machine gun to finish the remaining targets.

good luck!
minh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
ChickinOnaChain

Thanks Minh. My other problem is trying to use my flight stick, where the controls are different and the controller, where it's just clunky feeling. So ammo isn't my only problem!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #4
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't have this game (still kinda on the fence, not sure if it lives up to the old ACs), but I know in AC6 most missions had a "return line" which you could cross and once you did you'd return to base and resupply. Did they take that away or is it still here? Your map should tell you, it shows up as a dotted line. Otherwise you'll just have to conserve ammo better.

For controls your normal 360 controller should be fine, that's how I play AC6. Just make sure you change them to original (I think that's what it was in the demo) so you can fully control your aircraft. Maybe invert sticks, too, but that is more preference.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

I need to go back to it and check out that map gimmick, to see if it's there. I know if it's not, I'm pretty much screwed. If you know me and shooters...and my friends who I co-op with will say the same thing...I shoot way more than they do and kill less. So I wasn't surprised I ran out. Still, if I could reload, I'd be saved. At least I know now the machine gun is unlimited.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

@Wolf....I used my controller and just used the machine gun and got by the helicopter and even did the "snoopy gun ship" in the next mission. I REALLY liked that one.

Still, I didn't see the map line to get reloaded.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hmm, I guess they took away the return line then. Makes sense as this game seems to be more "on rails" than the older ones. Anyway, you could try also playing on a lower difficulty, that should give you more ammo at the start.

This may not be of use since you already beat it, but if this mission is like the demo then you'll want to use your SP weapons only when there are as many targets as loaded missiles and then fire only when they are all locked on, reason being is that in this game you'll fire all available guided weapons when you lock and fire, but you only need one missile to kill an APC or tank, so you'll get more kills/use less ammo if you try to follow the above. But yeah, get use to the machine gun and use it whenever you can, especially in DFM as that seems to make it difficult to miss. And finally stick with the controller, as you can always learn the stick later if you get into flying games or want to replay this game, for now just learn the layout and basics.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain

I had ammo left over, just using my machine gun but it all worked out for the best. I still like using my stick for the planes. I like the different controls for flying and throttle and the controller uses one for both.

As for my difficulty settings...I ALWAYS play my games on easy. I play for fun, not frustration. And anything higher than easy, is just something to raise my blood pressure.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
minh2

Send a message via Skype™ to minh2

minh2's Gamercard
to confirm, yes they did take out the return line.

you should have enough ammo, on the easier difficulties they give you more ammo and on the harder ones you have less ammo.

glad to know you could beat that mission, i had difficulty with that mission aswell when i started
minh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
ChickinOnaChain

Quote:
Originally Posted by minh2 View Post
to confirm, yes they did take out the return line.

you should have enough ammo, on the easier difficulties they give you more ammo and on the harder ones you have less ammo.

glad to know you could beat that mission, i had difficulty with that mission aswell when i started
Thanks for the help and advice. I was ready to dump the game but you saved it.