PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
sic6sic

Send a message via AIM to sic6sic

xsic6sicx's Gamercard
bitching thread

general Minecraft Rage thread, so you can bitch about all the mistakes you make lol

i hate when i have a full inventory of all sorts of cool stuff, and then accidentally tunnel into the side of a lava pit on the way OUT of the mine. >.<

sic6sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Prime8

I be terrible's Gamercard
After I discovered my first diamonds, a creeper almost killed me. I still had a bit of health left, but it apparently blew up the blocks above and a stream of lava poured on me. Unfortunately I couldn't find my way back to where I died, so I lost them

Reached 100K on 1/2/14
Achievement: Killer Instinct - Jago Apprentice for 20 GS

Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
i have no idea what im doing in the game

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Eazynem Makaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by helta_skelta View Post
i have no idea what im doing in the game
Yeah wait for Creative mode (it is coming in later updates, hopefully not long) and we will have new plans on what we will be doing. going to be so much fun.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i hate it when the game randomly freezes when i open my inventory.
UberPirateNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
GR Fenrir

gr fenrir's Gamercard
Whenever I built emergency shelters while out exploring, I would constantly die for no appearent reason come morning. I eventually found out the roof was crushing me once I woke up and stood in my bed.
GR Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.
as long as its lit up size shouldnt matter, try placing some torches in the middle where the ones on the walls wont reach
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #9
coomzy

CCOOMZY's Gamercard
I hate when you xbox freezes and you didnt save in ages
coomzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
the_tubster

The Tubster's Gamercard
I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol
the_tubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
BBowles

BBowles's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_tubster View Post
I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol

Dig arrows in the ground pointing towards your house, use your map and remember the general location, or build statues that point in the direction of your home

Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Ultimate Battler - Completed 2/9/11
BBowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
RDrules

Quote:

the game has maps and compasses built in, a map shows you the entire world on this version and a compass points to your spawn point
Old 05-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #13
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I hate it when im saving my game and it freezes.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #14
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
Quote:

Just jump and plant a block underneath yourself, repeat till you have a very tall tower, then stick torches all around the top, jump off (into water or die - wont matter its near your home/bed) you can then see this for miles!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #15
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEN0 View Post
Just jump and plant a block underneath yourself, repeat till you have a very tall tower, then stick torches all around the top, jump off (into water or die - wont matter its near your home/bed) you can then see this for miles!
The old school way of doing it, crude but effective.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #16
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
The old school way of doing it, crude but effective.
why you little whippersnapper!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #17
GrimSovereignty

Send a message via Skype™ to GrimSovereignty

GrimSovereignty's Gamercard

The fact that I want to buy it but don't have enough MP yet so I am stuck playing trial lol
Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision? - Huey Freeman

GrimSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
Melon Bread

Send a message via AIM to Melon Bread Send a message via MSN to Melon Bread Send a message via Yahoo to Melon Bread Send a message via Skype™ to Melon Bread

xXMelon BreadXx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.

Melon Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #19
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...
well redstone dust is wire and redstone torches are batteries so the basic way to power things with them is connect a redstone torch to the item from any distance with redstone wire

instead of the torch you can use switches and buttons etc to power the redstone, this will let you turn things on and off which is useful for powering doors and things
powerd rail is just track with redstone in it which you can power with a torch or a switch and it increases the speed of a minecart running over it

powered minecarts are just a minecart with a furnace in them, you click on them with coal in your hand and they move, they are pretty much usless though because they are slow and eat coal

the best thing to do to learn about redstone is play with it, try building simple circuits and working your way up, people do all sorts with it in the end theres even a guy that programmed minecraft using redstone in the game so you could play minecraft in minecraft :P
Old 05-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #21
kinyo2

kinyo2's Gamercard
I hate it that the game is so dark in the nights, on the pc version I don't have the problem
kinyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #22
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyo2 View Post
I hate it that the game is so dark in the nights, on the pc version I don't have the problem
Raise the gamma, it definitely is darker than the PC though.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
RDrules

the lighting on the PC game was improved after 1.6.6... i think it was during the adventure update like most things
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
Cornholio

Afromuumi's Gamercard
1600 MSP nuff said.
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #25
weird carrot

weird carrot's Gamercard
I hate it when the game freezes when you've gone 10 hours without saving because you thought this game followed the normal 'Autosave' ideal but it turned out it actually doesn't mean anything.

I also hate it when there's no disk to snap or throw out of my window.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #26
SpiderPg

SpiderPg's Gamercard
I hate when you forget to set it too an offline game or put it invite only and your "friend" joins goes to your chest and takes all your diamonds and then leaves.

Those diamonds will be lost forever!!! D:
SpiderPg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #27
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
Thanks RDrules! Being new I was all over the place last night trying to make a minecart move and had no idea what I was doing. The one wiki I came across had full blown electrical schematics and logic equations. That was a little more than what I needed to make a minecart move. I'll have to give it another crack tonight...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #28
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
Thanks RDrules! Being new I was all over the place last night trying to make a minecart move and had no idea what I was doing. The one wiki I came across had full blown electrical schematics and logic equations. That was a little more than what I needed to make a minecart move. I'll have to give it another crack tonight...
yeah some people go really overboard with the redstone (like me at times :P) but for minecarts all you really need is a redstone torch sat next to the powered rail every so often down your track to keep you going and a launcher which is just 3 bits of powered rail with a block at the end to place the minecart against and a button connected to it with redstone to start it
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #29
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Bread View Post
No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.
this doesn't work either, my bed is in the middle of my room and my house is completly sealed with torches all around and i still get woken up every time i try to sleep by a zombie or skeleton, VERY annoying.

thats not even my biggest complaint though since i'm one of the oh so lucky people whos inventory and spawn point gets deletd regardless of where or when i save which is making any real expoloration a pain since i need to get back home and dump everything in a chest before i can save without it deleting itself
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #30
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Bought the game today, played for about 4 hours, built a beautiful 2 story house in the sky and thought all was going well...

Turns out, it wasn't auto saving like I wrongly assumed it was. I was retreating into my house during night time which had been safe from zombies the every night prior and an exploding zombie was on the second floor of my house and pretty much destroyed everything I had worked on.

Went back to the main menu to re-load my save, turns out there was no game to load because it wasn't saving and now I have to start all over again.

I didn't have torches in my house because I was unable to find both ingredients for it. Could that be how he ended up in my house? There was only one path to get into my house, which was highly elevated off the ground, and a trap door that should have stopped it.

Tee! is offline   Reply With Quote