PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > NASCAR 08
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
cysticFURY

Message to EA sent 04.21.09

******I sent this to EA. It is lengthy but I was really trying to get some attention drawn to what is really a minor issue. I realize that some may not share my opinion on some of the details but the heart of the matter was to remind them that if they don't respect us a consumers they may lose business. That is the only language BIG business speaks. Please contact them on EA support website if you share the sentiment.*******

Dear EA rep, I have input as opposed to a question. In reference to NASCAR 08 and it's achievements, as well as achievements in general. I am a casual gamer who has a long history of a Sony console preference. I finally purchased a 360 after a friend harassed to me game with him on that console. I, like many, found the gamer score/achievement system to a powerful incentive to buy this or that game. Some for a challenge and some for easy GS points. I did not game online initially due to costs and limited technologies in my rural community. Once I went online I immediately began going back and completing online gaming achievements in many games. I have completed ALL achievements on a good number of the games I own. I find myself gravely disappointed in my inability to gain all of my GS points for NASCAR 08. This is due to the fact that the very first time I played NASCAR 08 online the EA Locker function was no longer supported by your servers. Not only does this disallow me the specified achievement for uploading info to the Locker but also prevents the 100% Completion achievement for the game......a game I have completed after many hours of effort. NASCAR 08 was the hardest of the many NASCAR titles I have played thru the years and I took great pride in completing it while several of my friends simply gave up and quit. In the short term, I would like to see SOME effort made by EA to either provide a patch to unlock the achievement/achievements or delete it from the achievement list all together. Long term, I would like to respectfully suggest that a new strategy to prevent similiar occurences be consider for ALL games. Perhaps having any ONLINE related achievements for a particular title be provided to players, at their option, when the actually go ONLINE to play. Keep all achieves related to single player/offline co-op access. As such, someone who can not game online or prefers not to play online can still complete ALL of their achievements. That gamer could then go online and have the option to have online achieves patched into the gamer card/score if they decide they wish to. Such patching of achievements is done on a regular basis as seen in recent installments of new achieves on Halo 3 and Gears of War 2. In the end the GS of offliners would be less than an online gamer and that would serve to provide onliners a further sense of being an ELITE/true gamer. I know the EA Locker option has been removed from the ONLINE access menu so I assume the short term solution is problematic. As a patch was made to remove it, I suppose one could be as easily made to rectify the problem or simply unlock/remove the achieve and open the Completion achieve. This will net no income as much download content is formulated for but in the future I AND other gamers I have talked to may decide a game, perhaps a EA produced title specifically, is not a worthy purchase because of the inability to complete the game without serious questions over support for it or a company's tendency to ignore/avoid issues like this one that may present themselves. In these current economic times I assume EA would not want to turn away any new/repeat customers. We, the achievement "whores", can be considered silly for such decisions but at the same time why have the goal of Achievements built into game function and then casually overlook the wanting/needing by many to complete these effort or skill tasks.
I will now apologize for the length of the narrative but it has been concerning me for some time. I am not expecting a great deal from it nor a true response to it, other than a standard/form letter style email. I have tried to be respectful and would like to point out that many forums on many sites many gamers have a much more venomous flavor to their opinions. Some about this exact issue/NASCAR 08 title. In short, I do speak for more than a single consumer. As I have taken some time and effort in crafting this input, I ask that YOU the person reading this take a moment to review my input carefully. I realize that YOU probably hold a position where you read many submissions of this nature and in the end all of this could take on a "crying over spilled milk" atmosphere. I would simply ask that my opinion be considered and passed forward/upward to those who have the REAL control over such issues.
Thank you.........AND GET TO WORK ON A PATCH!!! NOW!!! (sarcastic rant)
cysticFURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
DirtyMo

JDWELLS88's Gamercard
I'm with you.

They should consider how MANY PEOPLE STILL PLAY OLDER GAMES ONLINE,
but they (EA) don't give a F#%K they only want our money.

I am one of the MANY people who have all achievements EXCEPT FOR ONE, Trade Your Setup 10G. What pisses me off I got the game after it had been out awhile and focused on the offline stuff and didn't realize at the the time they had disabled the locker.

Man that sucks too because I spent a SH#T load time playing the game and to only realize later I would come up 10G points short. There are some games I'm just not good at, so not being able to get certain achievements in those games fine.

But not being able to get an achievement like Trade Your Setup where all you do is upload a setup online IS THE LAMEST F@#KING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF IN MY LIFE when it comes to gaming.

So from now on when I count (or anybody else that counts) completed games 1000/1000 if you have 990/1000 in NASCAR 08 it counts as completed. I know it does not feel the same when you see it.

But EA wants to F@#K the paying costumers then well F#$K them.

DirtyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #3
cysticFURY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMo View Post
I'm with you.

They should consider how MANY PEOPLE STILL PLAY OLDER GAMES ONLINE,
but they (EA) don't give a F#%K they only want our money.

I am one of the MANY people who have all achievements EXCEPT FOR ONE, Trade Your Setup 10G. What pisses me off I got the game after it had been out awhile and focused on the offline stuff and didn't realize at the the time they had disabled the locker.

Man that sucks too because I spent a SH#T load time playing the game and to only realize later I would come up 10G points short. There are some games I'm just not good at, so not being able to get certain achievements in those games fine.

But not being able to get an achievement like Trade Your Setup where all you do is upload a setup online IS THE LAMEST F@#KING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF IN MY LIFE when it comes to gaming.

So from now on when I count (or anybody else that counts) completed games 1000/1000 if you have 990/1000 in NASCAR 08 it counts as completed. I know it does not feel the same when you see it.

But EA wants to F@#K the paying costumers then well F# them.
Wait......did you get 100% Game Completion without the set-up achievement? If so than I got more problems than I thought. I am 100% I met all the requirements and just assumed the Set-up achieve was my problem. My save file shows chase/career complete and all my driver related tasks. ALL of it shows done. Even raced the COT and 07 Season again after recalling I may have simulated thru one of those to get the achievement for it. This had been specifically mentioned in other thread/threads.

......dang it......
cysticFURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 AM   #4
DirtyMo

JDWELLS88's Gamercard
yeah cysticFURY

I got the 100% achievement when I got the online horsepower achievement.

I played for a good while getting everything except the online achievements and I was at 99% the only ones I had left was Online Horsepower (win a race online), All Or Nothing (reach 100% of game progress), and Trade Your Setup (Upload a car setup to the DAMN EA Locker).

When I won my race online it gave me the Online Horsepower and All Or Nothing achievement back to back. Leaving me with only Trade Your Setup left and when I went to upload my setup I got that wonderful message we have all come to love ERROR.

DAMN I was so pissed because I tried for months after that but eventually just gave up but I check the board from time to time to see if they ever done anything about it. Obviously not.

Maybe if more people (myself included) took the time like you did to ride their ass they may not do this garbage in the future.

DirtyMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #5
sneh

SNEH2J00's Gamercard
It wouldnt be a good move business wise, but imagine if some of the worldwide game retailers like EB boycotted EA's broken games.. maybe that would put the wind up them.. unfortunately it will never happen.

It also comes down to the developers too.. look at battlefield bad company's 'i am bad company' achievement that was glitched... eventually (nearly a year after the games released) EA/Dice fixed the (obviously server side glitch, as no game patch was required to fix it) glitch, which allowed the final award to be aquired for the achievement.
sneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #6
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I know this is long after discussion being relevant but to any newcomers posting about the same issues. I dont know how ea is supposed to support online functionality when a majority of their sales are for used games like this priced at less than 10$. EA sees none of this money then right? A simple solution would be just to provide a patch automatically unlocking gamerscore on online achievements or to stop using their own god damn servers for games that dont sell well and end up in the bargain bin next to a bunch of other mediocre sports related titles. James Quall

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote