PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham Asylum
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

xxFlAwLeSs13xx's Gamercard
Question about combat challenges

This has probably been asked before but I couldn't find it. Does the difficulty of the playthrough affect the difficulty of the combat challenges? Basically is playing on easy going to make the combat challenges easier?
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
No, the difficulty only affects the story mode. Combat/Predator challenges are each their own difficulty. Good luck.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
DragonsGoMOO

dragonsgomoo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I could have sworn I saw someone say "If you play on Easy, then the combat challenges will be a bit easier." I can't find it. I would like an official answer.

DragonsGoMOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

Wow these are pretty rough. I'm stuck on Sewer Bat Extreme right now. But I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. It's only been 2 days since I started.

Thanks for the response N7 Shadow.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsGoMOO View Post
I could have sworn I saw someone say "If you play on Easy, then the combat challenges will be a bit easier." I can't find it. I would like an official answer.
I'm sure it would have been included in the guide(s) if that were the case. I've checked online and everyone has said it doesn't.

@Flawless Your welcome and be sure to check out the achievement guide if you need any further assistance for the combat challenges.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 AM   #6
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7 Shadow View Post
I'm sure it would have been included in the guide(s) if that were the case. I've checked online and everyone has said it doesn't.

@Flawless Your welcome and be sure to check out the achievement guide if you need any further assistance for the combat challenges.
Thanks for the tips. I needed them for a couple of the predator challenges. But the combat challenges were surprisingly easy. I think Sewer Bat Extreme was the hardest one.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Kyoujin

kyoujiin's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsGoMOO View Post
Nope, the challenges will always be the same, and there's no bug/glitch (at least to my knowledge) that will change the difficulty of them. So playing on easy or hard won't affect the challenges at all.

Source: I worked on the game for a year, haha.

(Haven't updated my completion list in awhile, will do so soon!)

100% Retail: Alone in the Dark, Avatar, Call of Duty 4, CSI: Hard Evidence, Fallout 3 (1200), Halo 3 (1475), Left 4 Dead, Lost: Via Domus, NFS: Most Wanted, Quantum of Solace, Resident Evil 5, Sonic's UGC, Test Drive: Unlimited

100% Arcade: Duke Nukem 3D, Penny Arcade Episode 1, Penny Arcade Episode 2, Shadow Assault/Tenchu, The Maw

Kyoujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
xxFlAwLeSs1xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoujin View Post

Source: I worked on the game for a year, haha.

Wow that's pretty bad ass. Let me say great job. This game is by far my favorite so far.