PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
First Minecraft Xbox 360 update adds pistons, shears, more clay

The grass is always greener in Minecraft, and that applies to game updates too. 4J Studios has announced that it's targeting Minecraft PC version 1.7.3 for the very first Minecraft Xbox 360 update... and we're already staring at our existing 1.6.6 builds in abject desolation, pining for the sweet hydraulic "thunk" of 1.7.3-era technology.
New to 1.7.3 are pistons, which shove other blocks around, and shears, which allow you to 'mine' foliage. There's also a lot more clay to find, making those grand brickwork building projects a tad more achievable. Here's a partial list of tweaks and additions, care of LMG.

- Added pistons.
- Fixed clay generation.
- Flint and Steel or redstone is now required to trigger TNT.
- Fences can be stacked.
- Added Shears.
- Redstone wire now will connect to a repeater.
- Shears can be used to pick up leaf blocks.
- Shears can be used to shear sheep without hurting them
- Sheep no longer drop wool from being punched, only from being killed when they are unsheared.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick blocks.
- Silverfish skin was added (for Beta 1.8).

No word from 4J as to when all this will arrive. Speaking to OXM in March, the port developer's Roger Carpenter discussed the difficulties of porting some of the PC updates across. "Some of the updates are massive - they significantly change how the game works. They're epic, potentially, a complete redesign of what we've got already." Read our whopping Minecraft Xbox 360 interview for more.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/41503/first-min...ars-more-clay/

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

Last edited by SIMPLYMIDGET; 05-15-2012 at 06:39 PM.
SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
what's the hoohah about pistons then?
UberPirateNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete_2 View Post
what's the hoohah about pistons then?
what you can do with them, people spend hours myself included coming up with machines using them for things like secret doors to fully automated farms

all they do is push and pull blocks but what you can use that for is amazing
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
BlakeXY1125

Gre3n Arr0w's Gamercard
What about gates for fences, we need those!
BlakeXY1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #5
RDrules

came in 1.8 so if this is right it would be the next update after this
Old 05-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Shinty

Would it cost anything?
Shinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Dervicious

Dervicious's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinty View Post
Would it cost anything?
I would hope not. I remember reading that we weren't going to be charged for expansions. Content would be released in "patch" form.

Dervicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
Jamieironmaiden

JAMIEIRONMAIDEN's Gamercard
Sounds good to me! At first i thought it would be left behind but with a million copies it can hold its own aginst the computer version
Jamieironmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #9
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dervicious View Post
I would hope not. I remember reading that we weren't going to be charged for expansions. Content would be released in "patch" form.
I would hope not just based on the cost of the game. We're paying about the same as the PC folks for the full, official version of the game and they don't pay for the "minor" expansions... so why should we? If we do end up paying for them, it will be Microsoft's greed and nothing else.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #10
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
Any word on whether or not these updates will include more achievements?
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
Any word on whether or not these updates will include more achievements?
if they follow the PC games this one wont
Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

How often can they come out with updates? I swear I remember seeing that they would have weekly updates for the 360 version, but I can't find the article anywhere. If they don't have weekly updates, then this version will never catch up to the PC version which is disappointing.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? This is elementary level English.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #13
quidyg

Send a message via MSN to quidyg

JJJarvis92's Gamercard
i remember reading somewhere that they had to "fight" microsoft to be allowed to release them as free patches. but they only have a certain amount. hopefully they are able to bring it upto date with the pc. i just hope they increase world size as well and allow all new features to be used on current worlds

100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

Working On:
Forza 3
Dead Space 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
quidyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipingheadshot View Post
How often can they come out with updates? I swear I remember seeing that they would have weekly updates for the 360 version, but I can't find the article anywhere. If they don't have weekly updates, then this version will never catch up to the PC version which is disappointing.
probably not weekly, if they are doing just major updates then it would need to be monthly at least and they would need to release a few faster if they ever want to catch up
Old 05-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #15
CMCX360

EvilChameleon09's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
All the updates to get the game up to the full release that came out in November are free. After that, it's fair game.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I would hope not just based on the cost of the game. We're paying about the same as the PC folks for the full, official version of the game and they don't pay for the "minor" expansions... so why should we? If we do end up paying for them, it will be Microsoft's greed and nothing else.
Always the drama queen. They won't btw. I'm more concerned about when they add items that are say randomly generated on the map, people said you would have to create a whole new world to access them. I would hate to have to create a new world every time just to enjoy the game fully. I recently made a new world because mine literally had 4 sugarcane and someone made them into sugar not realizing you could plant the stocks to make more.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #17
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Yaay! I'm glad this game is getting support. New achievements I hope.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #18
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Always the drama queen.
Not drama, honest Maybe I worded it a little over the top but that certainly wasn't meant to be dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
I recently made a new world because mine literally had 4 sugarcane and someone made them into sugar not realizing you could plant the stocks to make more.
Ugh, isn't that the worst? I spent well over an hour looking for sugar cane in the tutorial world earlier today (tried to get as many achievements in the tutorial as I could before moving on to a "real" game), only to find out online that the tutorial world has literally zero sugar cane in it
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #19
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

I have yet to fine 1 clay at all in my game. I'm ready for the update, on my three games I won't have to worry about wool for awhile since I have probably over 300-500 of them on each game.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 AM   #20
PharIVIacisT

PharIVIacisT's Gamercard
Can't wait for this hope they don't patch the duplication glitch.
PharIVIacisT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:49 AM   #21
Mr. Smith

UnbornPayload's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharIVIacisT View Post
Can't wait for this hope they don't patch the duplication glitch.
I hope they do patch the duplication glitch, it takes the fun out of the game and the sense of accomplishment when you finally finish something.
Mr. Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #22
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
I hope they do patch the duplication glitch, it takes the fun out of the game and the sense of accomplishment when you finally finish something.
Umm, don't duplicate! The fun returns, trust me!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:51 AM   #23
sic6sic

Send a message via AIM to sic6sic

xsic6sicx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
then dont use it, but dont try to spoil others people enjoyment of a glitch that allows a creative mode.

sic6sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #24
RDrules

glitches should be fixed period.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Yay! Great news I can't wait!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #26
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic6sic View Post
then dont use it, but dont try to spoil others people enjoyment of a glitch that allows a creative mode.
Quick question about "Creative Mode". Isn't creative mode separate from survival mode? In other words, can a world created in Creative mode be played in survival mode with all of the stuff you used prior to starting survival mode? If not, then the dupe glitch would, in fact, be cheating.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #27
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
Quick question about "Creative Mode". Isn't creative mode separate from survival mode? In other words, can a world created in Creative mode be played in survival mode with all of the stuff you used prior to starting survival mode? If not, then the dupe glitch would, in fact, be cheating.
they are totally separate, the way it works on the PC is single player worlds are in survival or creative (up to 1.2.5) and you cant switch between them.

on multiplayer only the "OPs" on a server can switch between them using console commands which is like most multiplayer RPGs where you can have a person that has god mode who can place anything to allow them to run game types

In the next update they are adding an option called "enable cheats" which adds console commands to single player but for all intents and purposes when playing the game both are still totally separate game types
Old 06-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #28
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
New textures for cobblestones is all good, but what about the wood? Like the idea of stackabale fences too. Pistons will be fun to play around with.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #29
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
New textures for cobblestones is all good, but what about the wood? Like the idea of stackabale fences too. Pistons will be fun to play around with.
wood hasent received a new texture on the PC at all the only change with it is that each different type of wood now is a different colour when made into planks and that is a very recent thing so i wouldnt expect it on here any time soon

theres very few blocks that have actually had their textures just changed like cobblestone did, the only ones i can think f off the top of my head are cobble, bricks, TNT and soon gravel
Old 06-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #30
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
There is actually a way to "stack" fences. Place dirt blocks just under the highest level you want your fence. Then, dig all the dirt away and place another layer of dirt just under the second layer of fence. Rinse & repeat until you get to your ground level. I haven't tried whole fences with this method but I have done end posts to a height of 4.