|05-17-2012, 10:59 AM||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Achievement Guide/Roadmap (Eng)
Akai Katana (Shin): Achievement Guide/Roadmap (Eng.)
This guide is written for the sole use of x360a; if you wish to use this information please ask first.
Estimated achievement difficulty: 8-9/10
Approximate amount of time to 1000: 10+ hours (Skill Dependant)
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3+
Number of missable achievements: 0
Glitched achievements: None
Do cheat codes disable achievements? No (There are none)
Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes, Between Normal and Novice modes.
General Achievement Note: Certain achievements will only unlock in either Origin (AK) and/or Slash (Shin) modes, Climax (Zetsu) mode does not unlock achievements. The following modes (either Origin/Slash) will be displayed under their descriptions to see what achievement gets unlocked in which mode. Also, some achs. can be unlocked with Novice turned on (Novice:OK). And changing the game settings/options will still allow you to unlock achievements.
Intro: Akai Katana (Shin) is the 4th Horizontal shoot-em-up/SHUMP brought to you by CAVE (who also made DeathSmiles 1&2 and Progear), in this one, a band of rebels are up to stop the war and power of the Blood Katana’s led by Bashou Saionji and his tyrannical empire (the 10 suns).
Although this game looks similar to Deathsmiles, the controls are not, but the structure on the game and scoring is different.
=Offensive Shot, =Defensive Shot, =Phantom/Power Up, =Bomb
Part 1: Easy Achievements
In this part, you’ll most likely earn these achievements easily without any problems, of course some of which might take some skill, such as…
1. Mid-Boss and Stage Boss Specific ones.
2. Energy (Green) and Score Items (Yellow), plus endings for the 3 “guides”.
3. Any other Misc. Achievements
Part 2: Hard Achievements
Although this being a CAVE game per se, it’s not without its difficult achievements, such as…
1. Completing the game without Continuing (1 Credit Clears).
2. Earning specific Hi-Scores (in specific modes).
3. And for the truly skilled, getting to the last stage without losing a single life to get the true ending.
Tips on 1CC/Scoring, and difference in plane types. (Slash Mode specifics for plane types.)
Type 1 = Marigold (Tsubaki/Sumire): Speed, Linear Shot type, Option can be held, Katana's and Orbs attack in Linear/Straight direction, also, Phantom Attack is linear to the character.
Type 2 = Orchid (Botan/Kikyou): Balance, Half-Spread shots, Op. cannot be held, K's and O's can attack in any direction wherever you position it, P.A. can be used anywhere while held down and specifically positioned.
Type 3 = Sakura (Shion/Suzu): Power, Spread Shots, Op. can be held, K's and O's can attack in a spread or straight direction if positioned carefully, P.A. has short range, but powerful.
-You need to use your swords point-blank to get more points.
-You also need to keep your combo by picking up steel. Extremely important, because the gold value rises with combo hits.
-The more swords you launch, the more gold and points you get.
-Therefore, more swords at one time, less sword launches is better than launching two or three swords all the time
-Type-2 ship is probably the easiest to score high with.
- The mode seems simpler, but has to be played very aggressively; high scoring harder than in Slash
- The key to efficient scoring is immediately recharging your phantom energy after exiting phantom mode, all the time. You need to plan out where you do your recharges, ad hoc recharging is unlikely to work.
- It's better to do several short ~200 hit phantom mode attacks than keep one going for a long time to squeeze out the 256 hits.
- Scoring is a lot easier if you've lost a life: your energy meter grows, making gathering gold less time critical.
- But if you have just 1 or 2 lives left, your rank is so low, that getting gold and score becomes difficult in the later stages.
- Type-3 ship is definitely the easiest for scoring.
- Type-3 can get a huge amount of energy items by switching between laser and shot while keeping the option on top of an enemy, making recharges easier.
Last edited by The Stray; 05-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.