PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #61
TYLER x DURD3N

LGB TylerDURD3N's Gamercard
Goddamn animals living on my minetracks!!!

OK, first of all: i know i can put fences around my tracks and/or make em high enough so those stupid things cannot walk on the rails.

BUT THAT SUCKS. I want to create nice tracks through the landscape, and i want em to fit there. But if i want to actually drive on those tracks without getting stopped by every fucking animal in minecraft, i have to build em like a highway, or fence em like jurassic park.

its absolutely ridiculous how the animals seem to seek the rails.
TYLER x DURD3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #62
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderPg View Post
I hate when you forget to set it too an offline game or put it invite only and your "friend" joins goes to your chest and takes all your diamonds and then leaves.

Those diamonds will be lost forever!!! D:
Another question on this subject I forgot to ask, sorry if it is dumb. I've read you can boot a troublemaker and reload, but does anybody know if it is possible for a visitor who mods do anything as destructive as seeding in Animal Crossing? Something that could brick your map?

It is one thing to rebuild part of something someone decided to start to trash, but I'd hate to be out all my hard work, that would cause some pretty major rage here.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #63
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I hate when you forget to set it too an offline game or put it invite only and your "friend" joins goes to your chest and takes all your diamonds and then leaves.

I never thought of that nor know they could use my chest. I've yet to play in someone elses game and just let them play in mine. Think I'll build a hideway under water or something where they wouldn't think to look and start putting my chest there.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #64
iTwIsTeDmInDx

iTwIsTeDmInDx's Gamercard
Just hide your chests under ground, or put paintings over walls, remove the wall, allows you to jump throw the painting into a hidden room
iTwIsTeDmInDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:20 PM   #65
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:

This, but instead the bitches burned my house down.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #66
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

I did have a friend bring a bunch of lava into my my house and try to leave. It was funny because i watch him do it and put bricks over the door and murder/suicided his ass by placing bricks where he was trying to break out.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #67
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
i cant find diamonds and im deep under ground where there is lava

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #68
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

theyre called rare for a reason
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #69
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by helta_skelta View Post
i cant find diamonds and im deep under ground where there is lava
Try a different cave elsewhere. It took a week for me to find diamond, and when I did I got lucky and found four blocks worth. Thanks to the duplication glitch I was able to all I needed.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:27 AM   #70
Red Testament

Red Testament's Gamercard
I'm fairly certain I have enough track for the rail achievement but nothing is popping. It's in a straight line and everything.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #71
thereefernander

thereefernander's Gamercard

Probably the biggest bitch of the game that I have to complain about since it has happened more than once.

Loosing all your shit because a Creeper wants to explode and scare the fuck out of you.
I ran far away from the home base I set up in search for Iron and Gold, started digging down in a tunnel I made which eventually ended me up falling a surprising few blocks down into some water suddenly and blown the fuck up. I had no idea where I was and lost a ton of materials.

thereefernander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #72
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereefernander View Post
Probably the biggest bitch of the game that I have to complain about since it has happened more than once.

Loosing all your shit because a Creeper wants to explode and scare the fuck out of you.
I ran far away from the home base I set up in search for Iron and Gold, started digging down in a tunnel I made which eventually ended me up falling a surprising few blocks down into some water suddenly and blown the fuck up. I had no idea where I was and lost a ton of materials.
Ah the infamous creepers, the bane of every new players existence

My first ever death in minecraft was actually falling into lava, though I had to play on short render distance because our PC then wasn't great.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #73
Mrdrsl

mrdrsl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Ah the infamous creepers, the bane of every new players existence

My first ever death in minecraft was actually falling into lava, though I had to play on short render distance because our PC then wasn't great.
Jup lava here too, ... creepers usually explode away from me or get killed!
Dropped all sorts of sweet music disc & diamond loot in lava once. Made me ragequit and stopped playing for three weeks.
Mrdrsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #74
Skilled

depressedwhales's Gamercard

Quote:

Epic .

Quote:
How we survive, is what makes us who we are.

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Skilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #75
sic6sic

Send a message via AIM to sic6sic

xsic6sicx's Gamercard
i hate when you title a thread a certain way to make sure it stands out some, and some mod changes it for no reason without stickying the thread.

:P

sic6sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
world size

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #77
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
world size
Why, exactly?

That's what I don't understand, how is the world size too small? Have you built up such a utopia that you're out of space? Have you dug to the bottom, to bedrock, and dug up into the sky so much that you can't possibly build yet another structure?

If you've managed to fill in every since square with buildings and other items then you should start a new world.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #78
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Why, exactly?

That's what I don't understand, how is the world size too small? Have you built up such a utopia that you're out of space? Have you dug to the bottom, to bedrock, and dug up into the sky so much that you can't possibly build yet another structure?

If you've managed to fill in every since square with buildings and other items then you should start a new world.
so, your saying the world size is perfectly fine... ?

pretty much built something in every chunk / biome in my world and have a pathway and railway connecting them all, explored the whole map and have still not found 1 pumpkin, and there are no snow biomes. i have 5 full double chests of cobblestone, in that i only found 12 or so gold ore which was just enough to get the on a rail achievement. and about 6 diamonds, oh and ive pretty much explored every cave system.

im not bitching, im just pointing out that the world is so small that it cant fit everything in it, i dont have any pumpkins or any snow biomes, which means its impossible to make jack o'lanterns or get pine trees, snowballs, ice etc.

kinda sucks, id like to just join someones world and steal a pumpkin and a pine tree sapling..

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #79
RDrules

even if world size seems fine now how about when 1.8 comes and you need to go through the agonizing searches on new worlds for melon seeds in abandoned mineshafts only to find that a theres not actually much to explore so they will be easy to find or b. there isnt one because one didnt spawn in your area and you cant go any further out (happens, the first i found is past the size of this world on my main PC one

same for npc villages, your not exactly going to have to search for them are you? and theres a chance there wont be one in your world either

then when 1.0.0 full release comes around it will be even worse because if like this version they use the same map generation very few people will be able to finish the game because strongholds are extremely rare and usually dont spawn anywhere near the original spawn point of the world

and if they change it so one spawns on every map getting to the end wont be special because they will be easy to find, nether fortresses will take up pretty much the whole nether or not appear at all due to how tiny it is

youd be up against the ender dragon in about a day rather than having to struggle to get there like the pc version.

each of the big updates added more and more emphasis on exploration, since the xbox game doesnt have any it will either be stupidly hard to find a world with everything on it or stupidly easy to have everything
Old 05-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #80
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
At least capitalize the title... my god. Looks like the thread was made by a five year old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #81
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
so, your saying the world size is perfectly fine... ?
Yeah, actually I think it's fine.

Quote:
pretty much built something in every chunk / biome in my world and have a pathway and railway connecting them all,
I'm sorry, but I can't begin to buy that. I can't believe that you not only dug to bedrock and cleared that out, but also built up into the air as high as you could. I'd love to see some photos or videos though, show me I'm wrong, I'd be impressed if you've managed to use up every single bit of free space.

Quote:
explored the whole map and have still not found 1 pumpkin, and there are no snow biomes. i have 5 full double chests of cobblestone, in that i only found 12 or so gold ore which was just enough to get the on a rail achievement. and about 6 diamonds, oh and ive pretty much explored every cave system.
That sucks, then again you're not supposed to have a shit load of gold or diamonds.

Quote:
im not bitching, im just pointing out that the world is so small that it cant fit everything in it, i dont have any pumpkins or any snow biomes, which means its impossible to make jack o'lanterns or get pine trees, snowballs, ice etc.
So start a new world.

It's downright stupid to complain that the map is too small when you're talking about a game that's released on a console, with far less memory then its PC counterpart. When will people wake up and realize this is just a port??

Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #82
Hug0St1gl3tz

Hug0St1gl3tz's Gamercard
I lost 2 diamond pick axes and several stacks of iron ore by falling into a pit of lava not once but twice the real kicker is it was the same pit both times. FML
Hug0St1gl3tz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #83
Arduous Wolf

Arduous Wolf's Gamercard
Quote:

It's downright stupid to complain that the map is too small when you're talking about a game that's released on a console, with far less memory then its PC counterpart. When will people wake up and realize this is just a port??
Jeremy I'm not trying to start an argument but you seem to have a bit of an attitude. This is the official bitching tread so why do you have a problem with people bitching about world size?

IMO the world is too small, ok a console version will probably never be able to handle an infinite world like the PC, but come on it could have a world a lot bigger then the one you get. At the very least like the real world you should be able to find every kind on biome and item somewhere in the world even if it takes days of searching. While I haven't built on every part of my world I have explored and mined in all areas. I like exploring and finding new stuff and with a small world like we got this can be done very quickly. Sure I can start a new world but as I can't take all my stuff I mined/found/made over to the new world I am loath to start again from scratch every time I want something new to explore. Either make the world bigger or allow us to transfer our stuff like in a new game+. As the latter option is not even available in the PC version, I think asking for an increase to the worlds size is not too much ask.

Arduous Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #84
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduous Wolf View Post
Jeremy I'm not trying to start an argument but you seem to have a bit of an attitude. This is the official bitching tread so why do you have a problem with people bitching about world size?
Because I'd rather hear valid complaints about the game rather then pointing out something the developers couldn't control. It's one thing to say "there isn't enough diamonds", sure they are rare, but they could have put more into each map. It's another thing entirely to complain about the limitations of the game that the developers didn't have any control over.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #85
RDrules

Quote:
Because I'd rather hear valid complaints about the game rather then pointing out something the developers couldn't control. It's one thing to say "there isn't enough diamonds", sure they are rare, but they could have put more into each map. It's another thing entirely to complain about the limitations of the game that the developers didn't have any control over.
but they did have control over it.

they could have knocked the game down to 30fps for a start, 60 isnt something that is needed in a game like this at all , most AAA titles make do with 30 yet for minecraft the devs decided to severely limit the game to make 60.

they could also have gone for the pcs "normal" render distance rather than the "far" one, most people play on that anyway on PC and it barely matters .

basically theres a lot that they could have done to make the world bigger most which you can turn on and off at will on the PC.

plus the hardware limitations arent that bad on the xbox, they sound bad compared to a PCs but its like apples and oranges, what needs a few gig of ram and a super processor on the PC can run as smooth as silk on the xboxs outdated hardware.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #86
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Bought it yesterday for 1200MSP and played with 3 US buddies and oh my god at the lag, though it's probably the hosts shitty connection doing it. Funnily enough the lag only started when we were all in close proximity, if we were spread out no lag occurred.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #87
Skilled

Quote:
Bought it yesterday for 1200MSP and played with 3 US buddies and oh my god at the lag, though it's probably the hosts shitty connection doing it. Funnily enough the lag only started when we were all in close proximity, if we were spread out no lag occurred.
1200msp? Do you mean 1600 or did you have a code or something?

Quote:

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Old 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #88
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skilled View Post
1200msp? Do you mean 1600 or did you have a code or something?
I got a 480MSP code in the box with my Slim so only need the 1200 which was fine with me.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 05-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #89
Skilled

Quote:
I got a 480MSP code in the box with my Slim so only need the 1200 which was fine with me.
Ahh, lucky.

Quote:

Feel free to add me on;
Xbox (DepressedWhales)
or
Steam (DepressedWhale).
Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #90
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Fuck the "Lost connection to server" while playing offline =/ Only happens after I share a screenshot mind you.

Otherwise it's been great. Trip into the past

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam