PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Ridge Racer: Unbounded
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Frozen x360a

How hard is this game?

Haven't seen a road map yet and just want a good idea of how many hours and the difficulty out of 10 for the 1000 on this? Game looks fun but not as good as I thought from the the reviews. Any idea?
Frozen x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
three15

It really depends on your patience, you will most likely have to do many races 10-15 times in order to get enough points to unlock all the events in each district. It can be very hard to win races, time trails are a bitch and the game is heavily weighted against the player. It can be a real frustration and sense the AI seem to be quicker, get more boost and hardly have to touch you for you to get fragged.

I've done most of it, took me 5 days and i only have 485gs, i'm pretty decent at racing games and unless you have some skill it's just a controller breaking, hair pulling out frustration. Can't wait to return it to Blockbuster to be honest.
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Frozen x360a

Ok cool, but any idea how many hours for the 1000 and an exact difficulty rating?
Frozen x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Marmite
Banned User

o Marmite o's Gamercard
its the ninja gaiden of racing
Marmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmite View Post
its the ninja gaiden of racing
Never played Ninja Gaiden before, but after hearing so much complaining about how difficult it is, I would have to agree. The AI is extremely hard and it will take several attempts to finish first. It may also take several attempts on getting the most score that you can in one race. You will need all of that score to gain more races and cities. I haven't played online, but I would say at least 10-15 hours for single player.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
illdizzog

illdizzog's Gamercard
Whilst this game is hard, its definately do-able, i think the difficulty level is being blown a little out of proportion. Ive three starred all the events now and the ones that gave me the most trouble were the drifts and the frags.

The drifts are just about practice unfortunately, getting know the track you are racing on and how to handle the car correctly. The big 4 x 4 in my opinion is by far the best vehicle for the latter events, all the ones i was struggling on i aced with that car in a few goes.

The frags, epecially with the ones that had a really high target score, i thought were impossible untill i used the 'power' to take down a building and noticed it adds five seconds to your time every time you destroy scenery.

There are a couple of harder time trials toward the end as well but the key to time trials is using power as often as you can. I tried to have it almost constantly - i know thats not always possible but thats the aim anyway.

If i can do it, you can do it. Cliche'd but very true.
illdizzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
mosin360

mosin360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The racing you'll figure out how to play them but the time trials and frags are just pure BS. Whats worse is that you'll be playing the same maps over and over because the game has so few. Its a poor game.

Last goal met: 200k - Oct 6, 2013

mosin360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #8
Dico

Deeeco's Gamercard
The difficulty thing is pure coddswallop and I genuinely think people have gone soft over time. It's challenging yes and requires a lot of concentration but if you race reasonably well without fucking up you'll win almost every race. Challenging yes; unfair and cheap? Noo not imho, I found Hot Pursuit harder to get most things
Dico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #9
KiySeph

CtrlAltL337's Gamercard
Not that hard. Once you get the drifting down, you'll be fragging your opponents off the road in no time.,I had little trouble completing the events, only thing I have left is three time attacks that I need to get three stars in and these events have been the hardest for me so far.

For comparison, Split Second is MUCH MUCH harder and that's usually because of the cheap rubberbanding AI.
KiySeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
Dico

Deeeco's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiySeph View Post
Not that hard. Once you get the drifting down, you'll be fragging your opponents off the road in no time.,I had little trouble completing the events, only thing I have left is three time attacks that I need to get three stars in and these events have been the hardest for me so far.

For comparison, Split Second is MUCH MUCH harder and that's usually because of the cheap rubberbanding AI.
My problems the drift events, I struggle majorly in those. I've breezed the time attacks, again, after dealing with Hot Pursuit these ones are a stroll in the park
Dico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Blitz MMCCV

Blitz MMCCV's Gamercard
IMO they've ruined the game because some of the races are just so hard im in the 3 block speed car and i have the 1 block speed car storming past me and always beat me to the finish the that infinite supply of boost they have. i rate this game 1/10

Completed Retail: 13
Completed Windows Phone 7: 7
Completed XBLA: 3
Completed Windows 8: 3

Blitz MMCCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #12
scousers on tour

central perk 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
imho the games not that hard , a little challenging at times, the only hard part is to get 8 people together for the online stuff

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
scousers on tour is offline   Reply With Quote