PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3 > From Ashes
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
It's well worth it to have him along with Liara, just saying.
Yup. I ended up with taking Javik and Liara on all my missions.

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #32
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
He's a good addition!
I'm glad to see this didn't turn into a bashing thread and there are other people using him. He has good dialogue but he can also be helpful with certain interactions. Shepard doesn't have to do everything, he actually helps unlike some squad mates (looking at you James).

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #33
XcS Dead Deer

XcS Dead Deer's Gamercard
No. I solely used Garrus/Liarra/Tali because i was playing on insanity and Jahvik's powers didnt seem to be worth trading one of them out for. I'll probably make a casual runthrough with my renegade ME/ME2 decisions and use him to see what his reaction to the world is
XcS Dead Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #34
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I used Javik for most of the missions hoping there would be some awesome and Unique Dialogue.

And there was on a few(especially Thessia), but when there was almost no Dialogue for most of the Final Two Missions I restarted them with Liara and Garrus(LI and Good Friend), it just felt better going into the Final Battles of the Universe with them.

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #35
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinelesS View Post
I haven't used Javik much, but I have heard that having him along on the Asari Missions is a big deal...

I'm just about up to that part and am tempted to deviate from my EDI, Liara or Tali team set.
lol i kind of felt sorry for liara, she was SOO happy to get a protheon on our ship. kind of let down, since he refers to the asari as "inferior" and brushes off her attempts to conversate. i noticed he does have a lot of interesting things to say about the asari and other races from his time. he mentioned salarians as "lizard people" and said they used to eat flies! ahahahah i couldnt stop laughing.

i find him very interesting, combat aside i think hes worth it just because of the amazing dialogue and perception you get from a protheon. ive only just picked him up last night, but im already liking him a lot. that dark energy saved my ass from two banshees at once on the ardac-yachi mission (spelling?).

that particle beam rifle is craazy, im actually tempted to convert over from my long-beloved avenger ive been using since ME1. im wondering if you slap incindary amo on that bitch, does it become like a long-distance accurate flamethrower? lmao
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #36
EquiinoX

II EquiinoX II's Gamercard
I used him quite a bit.. adds some decent stuff to the table, but lets face it... he aint no kasumi. lol
EquiinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #37
Swarvz

xSwarvz's Gamercard
No I never used him. I guess im to used to "Team old school" which is Ashley and Garrus.
Swarvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 PM   #38
Kraze360

Kraze v's Gamercard
He is very interesting to use, I used him in pretty much all my missions on my first play through. He is unique and it's very interesting to find out about the previous cycle
Kraze360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #39
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Yup, he's a pretty decent character actually. Good lines too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
L3G1T H4MST3R

xMyLittlePonyZ's Gamercard
I used him. He seems to have an ability to tell people there is no hope in the nicest ways. (The Citadel Speech in the Embassies)
L3G1T H4MST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #41
bs000

bs000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
He's fun to talk to on the ship, but I never chose him as a squadmate. I want to bring him along to Thessia on my next playthrough though.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
Mikado

x Mikado's Gamercard
No.

Not a bad squadmate but I brought Liara for her Stasis and Ash/EDI depending on who I was about to fight. Ash against Reapers/Cerberus, EDI against Geth. Sad to not have Garrus by my side but his abilities were useless.
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #43
N7 Shadow

N7 Shadow x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Yep, I'm using him in Priority: Thessia on Insanity and the extra dialogue and cutscenes are pretty neat.

"And in the end, as the darkness takes me....I am nothing. Now I know how you felt, my friend...."
N7 Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 AM   #44
SWi IVI IVI ER

In my first play through I didn't really use him due to the fact that it was my first play through. For narrative purposes I brought Liara along for almost everything just to see what my "bond-mate" would say and I needed to learn the story. The second spot consisted of someone other than Jahvik. But now that I played through it once, I will definitely bring him everywhere with me.

SWi IVI IVI ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #45
Dragon Lee

Dragon Lee X's Gamercard
I used him often just because I was curious what the last prothean in 50,000 years would say about the current ongoings of the galaxy. he has some interesting dialogue, but I highly doubt I'd use him for insanity playthrough...

By the way, to the OP, it's spelled "Javik", just thought I'd mention it

also, for James, i think Freddie Prince Jr makes a dumbass sounding hispanic, plus his character is useless. shit they shoulve got Carlos Mencia lol, maybe not for the body model though

100,000 -- 1/20/2012 TES:Skyrim - 20 Dragon Hunter

Last edited by Dragon Lee; 03-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Dragon Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #46
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
javik is da bomb. bring him with you when you go to thessia ( the asari museum). his comments about the artifacts are pretty funny
Old 03-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #47
The Buahaw

lord goatman's Gamercard
I've rarely used the Jahvikan Mon! Most of his days are spent in the fake prothean environment aboard Normandy.... like a pet.
The Buahaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #48
Vintage91

Vintage91's Gamercard
I used him only once and found the mission to be more difficult than it should have been. His Particle beam is beast though. All of my Assault rifle wielding squadmates are using that. I haven't used it too much because I really like sniping.

Since I played as an Adept, I had no use for him. I pretty much always used EDI and either Ashley or Tali depending on what enemy I would be facing. EDI was perfect for me because of Overload, Incinerate and Decoy, and Tali was good because of Energy Drain Combat Drone.
Vintage91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #49
Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi634's Gamercard
Yeah, he's a good pair with Liara if Shepard isn't a biotic. His only weakness is that for such a big macho soldier he seems to die a lot.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #50
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuukishi View Post
Yeah, he's a good pair with Liara if Shepard isn't a biotic. His only weakness is that for such a big macho soldier he seems to die a lot.
Definitely a good pair with Liara, using his Slam or Dark Channel in combo with Liara's Warp was spectacularly messy!

I didn't find he died a lot though, no more than Liara, unless I ordered him into a position that was... untenable. My bad...

I used Liara and Javik through a majority of my Vanguard Insanity run once I saw how devastating the Slam/Warp combo was on those pesky Marauders.

And two or three Prothean Beam rifles on Brutes and Banshees.... just yummy!!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #51
DDShadow88

ddshadow88's Gamercard
Me, like some others, paired up Javik with Liara because their biotic combination blasts are devastatingly powerful, even on Insanity. My Shep is an Infiltrator and I took Energy Drain as a bonus power, negating the need for a squadmate with shield-destroying abilities.

Plus I really enjoy Javik's dialogue. He adds a somber, brutally honest perspective on things into the mix.
DDShadow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #52
Hansathan

Hansathan's Gamercard
I am using Liara and Javik for my Insanity run, just Slamming the shit out of everything that moves. Liara uses Singularity, Javik slams, I warp. The end.

Hans(nickname) + Jonathan("real" name) = Hansathan
Hansathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #53
PsychicHorns

ThyKingdomScum's Gamercard
As someone said before he does seem die a lot. His powers are very good though and I had a lot of fun using pull on an enemy and then slam and watching them rebound off the ground into the air.
PsychicHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #54
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Didn't care for him but brought him on the final mission so he could get his revenge on the Reapers. Even though it doesn't add anything to the story just felt like he needed his revenge.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #55
grassycrab

Grassycrab's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansathan View Post
I am using Liara and Javik for my Insanity run, just Slamming the shit out of everything that moves. Liara uses Singularity, Javik slams, I warp. The end.
Me too. Also pull for guardians, Dark Channel is solid and strong but Singularity + Slam is pure crowd control.
grassycrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #56
L337LYC4N

L337LYC4N's Gamercard
He's a pretty good addition to the team, I think. Plus you get that particle rifle or w/e with him, too, don't you?
L337LYC4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
Kinjin

KinjinZero's Gamercard
Javik is a peckerhead- I realize they meant to have him haughty and condescending, but it's a bit much for my tastes. Team FemShep/Vanguard, Liara, Garrus ho!
Kinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #58
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
I didn't do the mission until quite close to the end, and he annoyed me a lot, so I never used him. Besides, as a ME enthusiast and veteran of all games, I couldn't resist playing with Garrus and Liara. For old times sake!

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-1

TriRock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #59
Ratpelt

ratpelt's Gamercard
Like many people here I found Javik incredibly useful, especially when paired with Liara. I'll be honest and say I'm not finding Insanity particularly challenging so far, so there may well be better character combinations I'm not testing out because there's no necessity to do so, but between his Particle Rifle and the fact that he's the only character with any decent biotics other than Liara, I find him making the team fairly frequently.

I'm not sure how often I would've picked him had he been in ME2, but the ME3 squadmate roster is frankly pathetic, and he's pretty close to the top of the available options.

I would also like to add something in response to the people that mentioned how pleased they were that his dialogue and cutscenes were so plentiful and well integrated into the game. Never forget that he was ALWAYS part of the game. He was removed and sold separately having been developed as part of the main game, so yes, he IS as involved and integrated as any of the other squadmates, but instead of applauding this, you should instead decry the cynical, money-grubbing decision to withhold him from those not willing to throw an extra $10 at the game.
Ratpelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #60
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Javik's lines alone were worth the points for the DLC, hilarious.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote