72/72 Locations Guide and FAQ

Necrophage33

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patch doesn't stop you from duping the "original" way. Drop weapon -> dashboard still works fine. I did it a couple days ago with a gun. All weapons can still be duped for others this way.

Really? Wow... didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up Necro! :woop:

All 15 prison locations. More or less of the order too.

Canteen

Entrance

First Floor

Cell Block A

Armory

Second Floor

Warehouse

Kitchen

Basement

Cell Block B

ControlRoom

Sewers

Cell Block C

Main Room

Hospital

Ok I'll throw them in. Couldn't hurt to have them in the guide too.

I finished the game a couple of hours ago with 100% an 71/72 locations and I thought I had looked over all the maps but the one area I had missed was at the bottom of moresby by a boat on the beach and it was a lil green I had passed right by there earlier in the game.I just went there and boom achivo unlocked

I finished the game a couple of hours ago with 100% an 71/72 locations and I thought I had looked over all the maps but the one area I had missed was at the bottom of moresby by a boat on the beach and it was a lil green I had passed right by there earlier in the game.I just went there and boom achivo unlocked

Probably the most missed area in the entire game... Since nothing specifically leads you down there...

In the original posting you mentioned you said:

I will hopefully/eventually add maps with the locations pointed out when I find some blank maps I can use.

the best possible quality maps can be found here:

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Maps

Just attribute our wiki if you use them.

I would be happy to help you. I have attempted to figure out the exact location of every spot in the game.

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Template:Locations

I see you mentioned co-op can screw things up. I'm not to far in to the game, just completing the hotel and getting the truck. But i have only played co-op to this point. For a place like the hotel, will I be able to go back in if I just play SP and acquire the locations or will I only be able to do this by starting a new game? Thanks.

In the original posting you mentioned you said:

I will hopefully/eventually add maps with the locations pointed out when I find some blank maps I can use.

the best possible quality maps can be found here:

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Maps

Just attribute our wiki if you use them.

I would be happy to help you. I have attempted to figure out the exact location of every spot in the game.

http://deadislandwiki.com/wiki/Template:Locations

These are your maps that I have your permission to use?

I see you mentioned co-op can screw things up. I'm not to far in to the game, just completing the hotel and getting the truck. But i have only played co-op to this point. For a place like the hotel, will I be able to go back in if I just play SP and acquire the locations or will I only be able to do this by starting a new game? Thanks.

I'm not sure if you can go all the way back through the hotel after you've played it, but worst case scenario is that you replay Chapter 3 with your same profile and can replay the story mission where you go through the hotel.

Okay, I'm almost pulling my hair out here. I had 56/72 locations discovered even before I had checked with this list, and I visited the places on the list that I thought I had missed, but still I haven't found it. I've done the dashboard thing with the gas station a couple of times, so it isn't that. I've skimmed the beaches in Moresby and visited every possible green spots of the map. I've also only played it single player - So i'm hoping that someone has any suggestions for places for me to try before I head out to the prison?

did all the location names change or something? i'm running around in Act 2 and i'm unlocking locations, the number is going up one at a time, but i can't find half of them on the list. Supermarket District, Queenscliffe, are 2 that i remember off the top of my head. but there were at least 5 of them i've hit so far that unlocked a number but are not on the list.

• 1 month later...
Okay, I'm almost pulling my hair out here. I had 56/72 locations discovered even before I had checked with this list, and I visited the places on the list that I thought I had missed, but still I haven't found it. I've done the dashboard thing with the gas station a couple of times, so it isn't that. I've skimmed the beaches in Moresby and visited every possible green spots of the map. I've also only played it single player - So i'm hoping that someone has any suggestions for places for me to try before I head out to the prison?

Last night was confirmation for me that this problem still exists slightly. I had 57/72 locations, but my coop buddy had 56/72 like you had. We did all the same things that you said and visited EVERY POSSIBLE place we could think of. We even went as far as me starting up some of my other characters so that he could go through the hotel again or visit the police station missions again. But we still could not find the last location before moving on to the Prison.

Well my friend had read somewhere yesterday that a guy had the same amount of missions he had (56/72) and that because of the glitch, he needed to just move on. So we spent another 2 hours checking everything we could think of on all 3 maps and still nothing. So we went ahead with this guy's suggestion and moved on to the Prison. VIOLA, when the first progress tracker for "There and Back Again" popped up for us in the first part of the prison... both of us were at 58/72. Yes!

We both finished the Prison last night and both of us got the achievement. This location tracker is still buggy! So if you feel that you have double-checked everything and you are positive that you have been everywhere according to the "Location" guides, my suggestion would be to make a copy of your save file to the Cloud and then just move on to the Prison. Immediately pay attention to see what the location tracker says you are at and chances are you will pick up the missing location. Worked for us.

• 1 month later...

Just to reassure anyone reading this. I started with this guide somewhere mid-Jungle. I made sure to have 55 before the Moresby Gas Station. I went there.... and only had 56. Read a post here that said it'll fix at the prison so I went there... had 57. Thought I was screwed. Gave up for the day. Turned it back on next day, there it was, hit the hospital and got the achievement. So, before panicking, might want to exit and come back or turn off entirely and come back. Just glad it works, however glitchy it is.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I only started playing a few days back so I'd have got that patch dated end of last year but I'm stuck on 71/72. Not too sure what to do, I tried the quitting out at the gas station to return me back there but it returned me inside Stan's house which was the quest I was doing before reading this thread. Any ideas on how to make it 71/71 rather than 71/72?

Cheers

Hi guys, I only started playing a few days back so I'd have got that patch dated end of last year but I'm stuck on 71/72. Not too sure what to do, I tried the quitting out at the gas station to return me back there but it returned me inside Stan's house which was the quest I was doing before reading this thread. Any ideas on how to make it 71/71 rather than 71/72?

Cheers

You need 72/72 anyways... go to bloodbath arena... that should tick off the 72nd for you...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm stuck on 71/72. Played the WHOLE GAME patched and ALONE. I dunno what to do. I don't wanna delete my index save file and restart the entire game again just for this trophy (PS3 version). Can anyone help me? Maybe the bloodbath arena counts as 1? I'd rather buy the DLC than spend 40+ hours in the game again. Anyone?:confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Firstly, thanks for all the effort you've taken to put this guide together OP, I was running in circles in the Jungle stuck at 70/72 until I happened across this guide.

Secondly, my final two locations were different to the ones I've seen posted over and over here, so if you're out of ideas, try these: #6 - Diamond District and #24 - Nick's Hub.