Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DiRT Showdown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
DEMO Thoughts?

Annoyingly to admit I got bored in that first and one race you get to do in the Tour, had some fun online though, probably get this a month or two later to save some cash!

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Last edited by Barad; 05-01-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I didn't know there was a demo! COOL! I just started playing Dirt3 again this weekend. I'll have to check this out when I get home. Thanks!

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
Xerofox
were given today

Send a message via Skype™ to Xerofox

Xerofox's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Artist of the Month   Staff Club - Xerofox   SOTF Winner   Staff - Graphics Team   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
That first race is okay, nothing special but the MP is awesome. It's a must buy for me. I like it that you're able to upgrade your cars.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
I was a little underwhelmed with it. I still have visions of Destruction Derby from my PS1 days and this is not it. If a few of my friends get it I'll think about grabbing it but I just wasn't that impressed with it. I did like when the announcer said "oh, someone just rage quit" during multiplayer. That made me laugh...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
DJTREBS

DJTREBS's Gamercard
enjoyed the demo just want the game now
DJTREBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #6
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
Yeah the one race in SP doesn't give enough but the MP is carnage. I hope they've done plenty of stuff to keep it interesting and some new stuff with gymkhana.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
Loved it, loved Flatout so can't wait.

Me and seven other mates getting it. Carnage!!

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain

DAMN! I finally remembered to DL the demo last night but forgot to play it. I guess I need to make myself a note.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The Dirt series was ruined when it stopped being proper rally. When it was Colin Mcrea (Dirt 1) it was real, now its like a mess around game and not serious rally like people want.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
djpj

Djpj 14's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
The Dirt series was ruined when it stopped being proper rally. When it was Colin Mcrea (Dirt 1) it was real, now its like a mess around game and not serious rally like people want.
^this

Dirt 3 was a little out of bounds but still cool, but this... what the fuck is this?

This is now an 8 year old's game, or for people that go "omg heavy shunt!!! omg omg omg xD xD" all the time. Lame Commentator jokes included, so annoying.

And if you make a demolition mode, do it properly. I drive into a car w/ 60 mp/h and you get a weak t-bone/shunt/whatever, I accidentaly hit someone while doing 20 mp/h: INSANE T-BONE!!
Also, how many times did I get points I didn't actually earn, like, getting 1000 xp because I got hit by a car, that caused me to hit a car, that just happened to be almost completely dead.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #11
Thracian

Lord Townicus's Gamercard
I would like a Destruction Derby or Test Drive: Eve Of Destruction esque game for the current generation but for me this isn't it. I don't like the announcer at all during the races, the boost system and hitting people for more boost mechanic I don't like, I wish the cars had more weight to them and you really felt the crashes but I feel like you don't really.
Thracian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #12
JonnyRingo619

JonnyRingo619's Gamercard
I didn't know there was a Showdown demo either?? I have Dirt 2 & 3, loved 2 but 3...not so much, esp the Smelter levels. I'll peep this, if good, I'm in!
JonnyRingo619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #13
ChickinOnaChain

I deleted it, so I know I'll be passing this one up.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #14
Lady Strums

l strums l's Gamercard
I have a question about how the ranking/xp system works. What determines how much you level up? Is it the more points you get in the game, the more fans you get, and the amount of fans you get gives you the amount you rank up? Or is it just the points you score in the game rank you up and the fan thing does something completely different?
Lady Strums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:17 AM   #15
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I thought the gameplay was decent, but I'm still on the fence for buying it because I can't play online. They should of had a couple more races that you could play in single player in the demo, though. I guess I'll make my decision in a few weeks.

Last edited by Rep; 05-08-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I liked the song playing in the beginning when you put up your NEW PROFILE.

Oh yeah and I got 1st in a MP RAMPAGE match with 18.705 points. It's all good.

Signature by BAD VII

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!

Last edited by JuSt BLaZe; 05-08-2012 at 07:18 PM.
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #17
GreaseMonkeyGB

GreaseMonkeyGB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeah i really liked it, played the single player race a few times and the online mode twice. the announcer gets a bit annoying and so does the music, dissapointed there was no in-car cam but i think i can put up with that

GreaseMonkeyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #18
thepaxman

br34thedyn4m1te's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by judd90 View Post
Evidently people also want this sort of game too. Let's put it this way, if they'd made a rally only game, there would be more people moaning they'd not done anything different or new than there is people baying for a rally only sim, which is quite a minority by the looks of it.

For me, as someone who played and loved all the Colin McRae, Sega Rally, V-Rally etc in the past, playing games like WRC these days gets boring very, very quickly. Games are so much bigger and better now that a game full of the same thing over and over simply does not wash with the general gaming community.

I think, if there was to be a rally only sim, it'd have to be structured like Trials is. It'd have to be pick up and play, with focus on physics and accuracy. No bullshit with career modes, creating teams and that kind of thing, because rallys tend to be lengthy as it is, people want to get on with playing the game, not fucking around in menus, which is a criticism of past rally games.

End of the day, I'm not that fussed, I'll give almost any racing game a go. I love going fast as fuck and I love smashing the shit out of things, so it's all good to me.
thepaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
Aerobillybob

Adam130298's Gamercard
Doesn't look great but i'm running low on games (no games at all) and it's only 32 on shopto.
Aerobillybob is offline   Reply With Quote