Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battleship
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-21-2012, 02:20 AM   #31
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Here's a review if you want to see how the game is. This guy usually has spot on reviews. And he actually waits to complete the game before reviewing it (Surprising right) unlike most reviewers out there. I didnt watch the video because its 15 minutes or something long, but I trust this guys reviews so whatever he gives it is a pretty good review on it.
I'll have to look at it on my laptop...my iPad won't show it. . But I got it Saturday when my wife ordered it last week. I played it a little...can't get away from Sniper Elite V2...but while it's not great, it's hardly a POS, that is to me anyway. I'd say anyone curious to rent it.

I had a friend already offer to buy it when I get finished with it, at a reduced price of course.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
its already frustrating by the 2nd mission on Ensign, frustration and easy dont go together.

the controls suck, theres no auto aim, the pistol is a 1 hit kill but it takes 50 rounds of the alien gun with 300 magazine cause they thought having a backwards recoil system would be fun so it only gets accurate the more you hold the trigger and the m16 is worthless cause no auto aim and its NOT a 1 hit kill so just stick with the pistol

and having to manage the boats at the same time is stupid, i got multiple boats all with radar range over my location yet i can only get 1 of their support at any time and by the time i call in a location, the enemy are already past that point, killed me, or planted the bomb and i gotta wait 50 minutes to beable to call in another strike so i die since i only got 10 seconds to defuse that bomb and theres 450 guys all shooting me

NCIS was "easy"

eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #33
SIMPLYMIDGET

simplymidget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxy kyle View Post
Here's a review if you want to see how the game is. This guy usually has spot on reviews. And he actually waits to complete the game before reviewing it (Surprising right) unlike most reviewers out there. I didnt watch the video because its 15 minutes or something long, but I trust this guys reviews so whatever he gives it is a pretty good review on it.

Battleship: Movie Game Angry Review - YouTube

spot on review.

Don't waste time pulling off the petals. Cut off the head. - Spirit of Summer, Ryse

SIMPLYMIDGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #34
jds78

Jds78's Gamercard
I thought it was easy but could have used a couple more check points.
jds78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #35
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPLYMIDGET View Post
spot on review.
Finally got around to watching it. Game looks like garbage, but I will still rent it because I would like the gamerscore.

Glad you liked Angry Joe's reviews lol. His reviews are always entertaining and always spot on, I have never disagreed with one of his reviews like I do with literally every other reviewer out there including this websites reviewers.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #36
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Angry Joe is the best reviewer. I just watched that video. I never buy easy games for gamerscore but if I did I think I'd choose this one.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #37
justininhifi

justininhifi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybell2117 View Post
Well do whatever you want man, I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just giving you my opinion on the game. If you've got money to blow then go for it but I 100% guarantee that this will be bargain bin very quickly. I've played a lot of games and this is textbook bargain bin. When was the last time you say a movie based game stay at $60?
this man speaks the truth. if i didnt work at gamestop and got to check out games i would never ever in my right mind buy the game for $60. itll be 19.99 in a few months.
justininhifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #38
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justininhifi View Post
this man speaks the truth. if i didnt work at gamestop and got to check out games i would never ever in my right mind buy the game for $60. itll be 19.99 in a few months.
Its already down to 39.99 on Amazon.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #39
Ali_P_84

AirRaidPatrol's Gamercard
How hard is Admiral difficulty? Is it at all on a par with the hardest difficulty in something like Battle: Los Angeles?
Ali_P_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #40
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
Its not a hard campaign on the hardest difficulty. You will die just as quickly on easy actually. Big difference is that on easy aliens will die in a couple shots and on admiral it can take clips (depending on distance to target)
Complaining about no autoaim is weak. The gameplay and gunplay is fine in the game.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #41
Ali_P_84

AirRaidPatrol's Gamercard
I won't be getting it while it's still over 5.00, but it's nice to know there is a reasonably easy single player only game out there for me at some point.
Ali_P_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #42
2 Chainz

REAP3R IN 3D's Gamercard
Games extremely easy. Only annoying thing is doing those ship battles at the very end. Other than that easy 1000. 8-12 hours
2 Chainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:54 AM   #43
Nacho Father

Nacho Father's Gamercard
It's nothing like call of duty.
Nacho Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #44
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Easy enough 1000 yes, but there are some tedious bits in there....Fish in a brrel being the worst! Checkpoint system didn't help.....the game to me is just Halo without the hype. Bland but yes, relatively straight forward.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #45
Ned King

Easiest game I've played in a long time,U won't notice any difference between hard and easy so start on hard.
Its actually not a bad game either,so for 1000 in around 8 hours its well worth a rental.
Ned King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #46
jacobite

Jackobite's Gamercard
I might still have a go at a later time but for now Angry Joe's review has kicked it in the nuts for me. I never looked far into the game before adding it to my rental list, why call a game Battleship and make a first person shooter?? lol anyway I like points but even I have limits

I don't eat, I don't sleep, I don't wash and I don't care.

jacobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #47
PsiScream

PsiScream's Gamercard
I just finished this and thought it was pretty fun. Followed the guide and played through on Admiral. I like the fact you can pick up perks for your ships and then switch to naval combat mode; adds a lot to the game I think. Also, listening to the radio chatter actually has value in this game, telling you when new ships have entered the theatre etc. Some interesting ideas for the genre.

Agree that there aren't enough checkpoints though, and had to replay some sequences multiple times due to cheap deaths with shredders, PEGs, or thugs spawning unexpectedly.
PsiScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #48
anthonyd46

Send a message via AIM to anthonyd46 Send a message via MSN to anthonyd46 Send a message via Yahoo to anthonyd46 Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyd46

anthonyd46's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
this game can get annoying while its not hard its cheap these things called pegs fall from the sky and sometimes just kill you and the long checkpoints are annoying
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #49
DonTrombone7704

DonTrombone7704's Gamercard
Cool

Personally, I found "Battleship" to be a letdown because while I didn't necessarily expect a major slam-dunk, it just seemed to devolve into a half-ass FPS that for some reason, felt rushed out the door, like as an attempt to rake in cash.

That all said, I do however give "Battleship" a 'Gamers medal of honor' as it is to date, the only game so far that I've been able to earn all 1000 gamer points. No other game, as of this writing has that honor. Every other game I've played has suffered from having one or two achievements that are absolutely impossible to unlock, either through outrageous requirements or requiring having a several Xbox friends all at once. "Battleship" though avoids all of that and thus, it rests in peace.

Last edited by DonTrombone7704; 04-23-2013 at 06:26 AM.
DonTrombone7704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #50
justG0Twicked

justG0Twicked's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How bad is this game?????

This gem should be arriving via Gamefly in the next day or so, and I wanted to check and find out how bad this game really is. I am only playing for the 1000G - anything in particular that I need to look out for?
justG0Twicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #51
Purple Wedge

Purple Wedge's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Is it a good game, too?
This game is junk, an easy 600g for completing the single player but multiplayer wise I wouldn't even bother... Rent don't buy
Purple Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:35 PM   #52
Scavenger NL

Scavenger NL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jds78 View Post
I thought it was easy but could have used a couple more check points.
i as well these checkpoints on hard are really awful game was easy as hell till mission 7
Scavenger NL is offline   Reply With Quote