PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Beyond Good & Evil HD
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Inverted, and how long have you been gaming?
Inverted (since 8-bit era) 40 33.06%
Not inverted (since 8-bit era) 29 23.97%
Inverted (since 16-bit era) 6 4.96%
Not inverted (since 16-bit era) 4 3.31%
Inverted (since 32/64-bit era) 27 22.31%
Not inverted (since 32/64-bit era) 5 4.13%
Inverted (since 128-bit era) 2 1.65%
Not inverted (since 128-bit era) 0 0%
Inverted (since current era) 3 2.48%
Not inverted (since current era) 5 4.13%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2011, 01:33 AM   #31
PoMoGub

PoMoGub's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmarmySmurf View Post

Because every poll on every forum like this ever has the same results. A 2:1 result in favor of inverting the Y axis. Sure, that ignores all the casuals who never post of game forums. if only the other poster could have been more clear, like by using the word "real" to clarify what type of gamers he meant...
That also ignores the fact that someone who inverts is 10x more likely to view a post about inverted controls than someone who doesn't. Some people invert, some do not. It has nothing to do with being a "real gamer" and the elitism that comes from inverted players is completely ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #32
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy Snow View Post
I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about.

Is it really that difficult to just get used to the camera after a couple of goes with it?
Yes.... yes it is. I can NOT play non-invert... at all. One section of Harry Potter where you fly, and it's not inverted. I'm like a retarded monkey on crack... can't do it.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #33
SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoMoGub View Post
That also ignores the fact that someone who inverts is 10x more likely to view a post about inverted controls than someone who doesn't. Some people invert, some do not. It has nothing to do with being a "real gamer" and the elitism that comes from inverted players is completely ridiculous.
Calm down, the "real gamer" thing isn't my label. I enjoy casual motion and adventure games as much as anything, myself. =P

I ended up buying this, btw. Fingers crossed I can get through it and enjoy it.
SmarmySmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:21 PM   #34
rrushn

Fatal RusH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Why do people always assume that most people play normal ?

In all my life, I have never ever met a person that plays normal.
My brother did for a while when he was 12, but I quickly converted him to the inverted world, and he admits it plays alot more natural.

Guides & Roadmaps created:
Dante's Inferno
Just Cause 2
Dead Rising 2
rrushn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #35
Ginormous76

Ginormous76's Gamercard
I voted wrong in the poll. I play inverted and I've been playing since Atari 7800. I voted for 32/64, because that's when I started switching controls to inverted (on Sega 32x).
Ginormous76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:44 AM   #36
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I play inverted, mostly because of N64 games like Goldeneye. It's always a pain when friends come over to play, we're constantly switching the controls.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #37
psybOltOn

psybOltOn's Gamercard
Invert on the controller, but not on the mouse. I guess it is because:

- on the controller the stick is like my characters neck. You also have to pull back your neck if you want to look up.

- the mouse is like the barrel of the gun. You point up if you want to aim up. Also, the mouse worked in that way all the time, fx. in Windows there is no inversion either.

But inverting the X-axis together with the Y, the most stupid thing I ever seen. Anyways, there is no 'proper' settings, everybody has their own favourite, it is the developers work to put in every possible settings in their game.

Last edited by psybOltOn; 01-24-2012 at 06:12 PM.
psybOltOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #38
GodLike499

GodLike499's Gamercard
I don't understand the point of the 8-bit/16-bit etc era... either you do, or you don't. I've been doing it forever, just from playing so many flight sims, it just feels more natural, pull back to go up... I just wisht there were more games with options to invert the x-axis in 3rd person games. I'm thinking of the Fable series, the x-axis is backward from any other game I've played, and there's no way to fix it.
GodLike499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #39
xxthegodofwarx

Send a message via AIM to xxthegodofwarx

brian pumpher's Gamercard
i always play inverted...

xxthegodofwarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
sonicmark

sonicmark's Gamercard
Invert Y-axis for every game.
sonicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #41
navet

NaveT's Gamercard
Always inverted. Just makes more sense to me. I managed to get through the game and 100% it. Near the end started to actually start getting used to the controls
navet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #42
thenutman69321

TheNutman69321's Gamercard
Definitely don't invert. Never will understand why anyone does. Of the dozens if not hundreds of gamers I've known and played with in real life, 2 used inverted.
thenutman69321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #43
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
All pilots play video games inverted! That said... if you know one that doesn't... you might want to get off the plane before he crashes it into a building!!!

I think I've always played games with the controls inverted. I remember the first time a friend of mine "introduced" me to Halo, when he brought his new (original) Xbox over to my house to show me this "new" game. He guided me through the process of creating my own "Halo" player... and asked me how I played games - inverted or normal (I don't think I had ever "thought" about the control settings in games, before... to be honest)?

He recommended trying it "inverted" and I started playing the game and didn't think twice about the controls after a few minutes of playing. At some point I stopped, and tried the "normal" setting, and boy did THAT seem all screwy to me!

I don't know if I would have just played Halo with the default settings or not, but I doubt it. I've been playing video games since 1976... and I'm pretty sure I played "Pong" inverted (LOL)!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #44
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenutman69321 View Post
Definitely don't invert. Never will understand why anyone does. Of the dozens if not hundreds of gamers I've known and played with in real life, 2 used inverted.
This has got to be THE most ignorant opinion I've ever seen! Did it "POSSIBLY" occur to you that some players are just more comfortable playing certain games with the look (Y-axis) inverted?! Some people prefer Coca-Cola over Pepsi (and some like both). People have different tastes!

As for your comment about the number of gamers you've played with in "real life" (I, personally, don't play games with people in my dreams)... how do you come up with such a wide disparity of dozens or hundreds? Also... who bothers to ask which of their friends plays with the controls inverted or not - is it really that important to know what OTHER people set their controls at?

I've been to gaming competitions, and have "actually" met hundreds of other gamers... and NEVER did I ask anyone if they play games inverted!

I only know 3 people who ever mentioned their preference for the Y-axis setting (because "they" mentioned it... I never asked). Two friends - who prefer it inverted, and my brother... who leaves it at normal (probably because he accepted the "default" setting and got used to it)!

I have a controller that has an invert switch on the bottom, and I use that controller for games that doesn't have (or doesn't properly implement) the Y-axis invert setting - like "Beyond Good & Evil." This controller also has a turbo feature, which is great for games like "Burnout Revenge" - for the "Crashbreaker" - which requires rapidly pressing the "B" button (the turbo does NOT work on the triggers - which is what cheaters use in on-line shooters like COD or Battlefield).

If you want to play a game that REALLY has screwed-up controls... try playing "Sneak King!" The controls might make sense if you were playing a forklift-driving game... but not for that one!!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #45
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Freaking never. I can't stand the inverted axis.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #46
Sith Ambassador

Sith Ambassador's Gamercard
I've been playing inverted ever since the N64 days.
The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time with some serious horseback bow action trying to hit 20 bullseyes in a row at the Gerudo Fortress archery range.
& with the Goldeneye 4 player splitscreen deathmatch.
Good times!
Sith Ambassador is offline   Reply With Quote