Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon's Dogma
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #31
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Glad no co-op. i meaqn how did the last CAPCOM co-op game fare ( Resident evil -operation SHITHOLE)? Solo means it will be balanced and you won't have to depend on AI/otherplayer for assistance.

I'll crack mine open tonight to get a playing.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #32
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
It would have been cool if there was a fully built in from the ground up co-op but I'm happy with a awesome single player experience as well.

Not every game needs co-op just as not all games need multiplayer.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #33
ll Mr Bubbles ll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
Glad no co-op. i meaqn how did the last CAPCOM co-op game fare ( Resident evil -operation SHITHOLE)? Solo means it will be balanced and you won't have to depend on AI/otherplayer for assistance.

I'll crack mine open tonight to get a playing.
that game was just shit in general, lost planet 2 co op worked, and was fantastic.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #34
Darth Cuda

Darth Cuda's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer3100 View Post
I was so hyped for this game, played it a few months back at GameFest and me and my 3 friends all thought how awesome it would be to team up and slay majestic beasts as a group, but no. Once again Capcom just lets me down, just like with the poor HD addition to DMC, the lack of Monster Hunter in the west and the cancellation of MegaMan Legends 3.

This is made even more disappointing by the fact that they make really good Co-Op games (Monster Hunter, Lost Planet 2). I should just stop expecting so much from them i guess.

That being said i will probably pick this up for 15 pre-owned as i still looks like a good game, just don't feel the hype that i did when i thought it would be Co-Op.
So you want the game but will miss out on an experiance just because it lacks a bolted on lack luster co op mode? Really?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #35
TheThreeStooges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cuda View Post
So you want the game but will miss out on an experiance just because it lacks a bolted on lack luster co op mode? Really?
OP a fuckin Idiot, This game looks bad ass although I read that the pa3 version runs smoother then the 360 the 360 has a few bugs texture pop ups and graphical glitches but hopefully capcom will patch asap
TheThreeStooges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #36
D347H0FL0V3

Death 0f Love's Gamercard
The fact that pawns can travel between games is already a good enough replacement for Co-Op. That's how every Co-Op game ends up anyway, joining a friend's game to help him with stuff you've already done or vice versa. Pawns do that for you in this game. If you or your friend needs help with a quest that the other has done already, the main pawn that already worked on the quest can be sent into the other game to help the other person complete it. So essentially the AI already does what another player would end up doing anyway, joining to help with quests they've already done.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #37
ghostx30

ghost X30's Gamercard
Glad I found this thread. Excluding co-op in a RPG of this nature is either pure laziness, incompetence, or a combination of both. There's no excuse. If I want to play a single player RPG than I'll hop on Skyrim, Fallout or Dragon Age. Oh well, no skin off my back. This thread saved me $60.00 and I'll just pop in Dark Souls when I want me some co-op RPG lovin' done right. Not a big fan of Capcom anyway.
ghostx30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #38
Wtfmissile

Send a message via AIM to Wtfmissile

RagingEmoRage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostx30 View Post
Glad I found this thread. Excluding co-op in a RPG of this nature is either pure laziness, incompetence, or a combination of both. There's no excuse. If I want to play a single player RPG than I'll hop on Skyrim, Fallout or Dragon Age. Oh well, no skin off my back. This thread saved me $60.00 and I'll just pop in Dark Souls when I want me some co-op RPG lovin' done right. Not a big fan of Capcom anyway.

Your loss.

No really, your loss. You just said you have a coop game for rpgs
(Dark Souls) do you really need/want another one that badly? Do they all have to have some form of coop(I wouldn't call the coop in DS that good anyways, it's a temporary thing) so you will give your purchase or play the game? If so you are limiting yourself to an already limited genre.

I almost feel bad for you...almost.