PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Action > Frogger
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
keung

keung360's Gamercard
Frogger "glitch" explained

So recently someone discovered a way to beat Frogger on the WP in an easier way than playing through it normally. It was supposed to be a secret and shared amongst very few. I disagreed with this so I went to purchase this game and figure how to make the bug work myself. It took me a while, but eventually I got it.

It makes it easier, but a little tedious. What you do is whenever you make progress without dying (like getting a frog across), hit the Bing! button. This will save your progress, so if you were to die, remove your battery and reinsert it. When you start up your phone and reload Frogger, you will be at the exact location you were in when you pressed the Bing! button, and with the life you lost still intact.

Edit: It just came to my attention that there is an easier method. I don't know what method that is, maybe someone else manages to figure it out. Or perhaps someone who knows it will expose it

Edit 2: The easier method is to start up the game, and once you're at a spot you want to save, press the Home button on your phone, then start the game up again from the menus. Once you lose all your lives, the screen will say game over before entering the Retry-screen. At this point, press the Home button again, and start the game up again through the menus. You'll start up again from where you saved!

Last edited by keung; 02-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.
keung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #2
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for posting this glitch. I dunno why those people were keeping it a secret. I guess they wanted to protect their ratios on TA by not explaining the glitch. It's stupid that people wouldn't want to help others.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
MickeyT

MickeyT's Gamercard
I have tried this, the last edit version you posted but it does not work, it only gives you the option to start a new game, anyone else have any other tips to help?

MT360.net/LIVE
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #4
keung

keung360's Gamercard
Sorry, didn't see your post before just now. Make sure you start the game through the XBOX Live tile, and not from a shortcut from the menu. That's about the only thing I know of that could make it not work. Also, make sure you press the Home button once Game Over is shown on screen.

100k Dec 23rd 2011 | 111,111 Feb 6th 2012 | 123,456 Feb 25th 2012
keung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
muffinmastergw2

MuffinMasterGW's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by keung View Post
Sorry, didn't see your post before just now. Make sure you start the game through the XBOX Live tile, and not from a shortcut from the menu. That's about the only thing I know of that could make it not work. Also, make sure you press the Home button once Game Over is shown on screen.

I know this is a bit late, but i have found that no matter what, every level i beat, i let it load up the next one, then hit the windows key to quit. every time i launch after, i do it through the games menu. if you run out of lives, i usually wait until the little song that plays is over (after the last note) then quit out. it's worked 100% of the time, and now i'm on level 15
muffinmastergw2 is offline   Reply With Quote