PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #31
Asgorath

asgorath's Gamercard
I enjoyed the game, but two points really bugged me. The unskipable cutscenes and the really bad checkpoints. Also the fact you can not quit halfway in a mission (having kids for example like me, it's not like you can always control your own time you can spend on a game).

The fact that the checkpoints are often inbetween multiple big fights means you find yourself repeating the same fights you already beat over and over again if a later one is causing you trouble. Including having to watch all the cutscenes again and again. overall checkpoints just before cutscenes are bad in my opinion. More so when they can't be skipped. It's just bad design.
"Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We're evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
- Col. Tigh (BSG)

Asgorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #32
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My problems with this game do not stem from loyalty to the game mechanics from it's table top sibling, or a graphics engine and its stability issues.

Simply but the game is bad, it is boring to play, but of utmost anathema to me is the tedious monotonous repetition due to the ridiculous checkpoint system, you get killed and you end up miles away, and god forbid you should have a life and have to turn off and leave the game, because even if you are right at the end of a level you must play the whole dam tedious level again! No save system whatsoever!

Yes I also agree that the camera angles are about as much use as a fart in a space suit and about as welcome!

so that is one game that will leave my list looking messy on 45g because I will not be wasting any more of my life on this crap. I do hope that the retail game has more to offer as the arcade game can be summed up in two words...

EPIC FAIL

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:59 AM   #33
Fried Cola

is this real?

read this thread. found the title hilarious, but I can't help myself wanting to waste my time wanting to argue. touche internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primarch Akurei View Post
2- Havok engine = aka your console will lockup randomly at the worst times imaginable mid-level. (Has already occurred for me on mission 2 in the room with the energy towers
wtf are you on about? A shit ton of 360 games use havok. I never had Kill Team lock up on me once the entire time I got all achievements. I've seldom had other shitty games using havok randomly lock up on me either.

if you wanted to make a legit point, you'd have said no mid-level checkpoints suck because the game has a habit of locking up?

Quote:
3- Terrible camera angles/locks & lighting. Due to the control setup the camera is on a scripted follow based on your position on the screen. However after some cut-scenes you will want to backtrack for goodies. However the camera was so poorly designed that to do so you must first break camera "lock"......
serious? You're choosing to ignore the entire rest of the time the camera angle is FINE deciding to focus on a pretty insignifigant instance where it becomes unhelpful.

normally when you pass up one of the few htf collectables, waiting till after a cutscene is the worst time to look cuz its -gone-, bro.

Quote:
While I've always enjoyed the darker concepts of WH.
i get it. you're goth, potentially emo. your priorities are different from that of a normal gamer who isn't obsessed with considering games as 'art'.

Quote:
4- Botched core WH mechanics for the sake of making an over-glorified remake of Asteroid.
I'VE PLAYED ASTEROIDS. I KNEW ASTEROIDS. ASTEROIDS WAS A FRIEND OF MINE. SENATOR, THIS IS NO ASTEROIDS. robotron maybe, BUT NO ASTEROIDS.

Quote:
What do I mean? Well in table form WH40K a plasma cannon can 1 shot a tank with a good shot(at least back when I played). Why then must it be watered down to the point it takes 3+ shots to down a simple orc on stage 1. I get that things must be changed when the medium does for the sake of gameplay. However everything I've seen thus far just screams lets remake asteroids and put WH40K skin on it. Rather than make a WH40K game, that plays like asteroids.
what i don't even what is point... maybe you should stick playing with the models and dice if you want an authentic experience? Seriously, this is a really lame reason to take an enormous dump on an otherwise ok game. It would be like complaining its just one or two space marines vs hundreds of orks, AND THE TABLE TOP GAME DOESN'T PLAY LIKE THAT AT ALL! WTF! FAIL! Its not trying to be the table top game.

Quote:
I could rant on, but suffice to say. As someone with the mark of khorne inked on their wrist
lol

can't tell if troll or Warhammer 40k gamer upset game depicts the genocide of his favorite race to play as.

seriously. Yours are the pickiest sometimes made up reasons that border the 'worst. game. ever' hipsters who just want to bash a game because its fashionable. Maybe if I were hardcore into the traditional version of the game I may be able to grasp the negative attitudes towards this game.

Kill team really isn't bad at all. Far from perfect, but BEYOND FAIL? Come on. If you honestly think Kill Team is a bad game, you've never played a real bad game before.

no random friend requests accepted.

Last edited by Fried Cola; 05-26-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Fried Cola is offline   Reply With Quote