PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Jurassic: The Hunted
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Dustinator

Dustinator's Gamercard

Awards Showcase A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
What is up with the ending?!?!

Okay for those you that haven't finished the game-SPOILERS are below....

At the end of the game, Dylan and Sabrina are sent back home and they land on a desert island by way of the vortex machine. Dr. James Sayrus and Rock reunite with them on a submarine with Spike(the dinosaur) supposedly dead. But after the credits roll, Spike opens his eye teasing he's alive.....

Let's just ignore for a moment that the Dr. and Rock are young again somehow Here is the part that confuses me. Now the Doctor & Rock say they would have arrived earlier, but after they killed Spike it took them a year to set the vortex machine to arrive right after Dylan & Sabrina landed on the desert island.......So you're telling me that Spike was playing dead for a year? I'm sorry, but when I saw that I just laughed cause it seemed like something lame that a movie would do cause "the script said so."

The game was entertaining, but that ending was just too far fetched for me. Now I KNOW it's only a game and we're fighting dinos, but still. I LOLed for a good few minutes after he opened his eye......Play dead Spike, play dead. For a year

Anyone else view the ending like I did?

I despise multiplayer achievements!!

Last 100% complete - Jetpack Joyride 09/14/14

Dustinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
JieXY

JieXY's Gamercard
It's really an interesting finding. I didn't even notice that Spike opened its eyes because I skipped the credits. Anyway, this game doesn't need any logical explanation whatsoever. =)
Old 04-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
TheFalcon

IXI FalcoN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This game had one of the most ridiculous "plots" I've ever come across. The dialogue is almost as bad as the CSI games.

Anyone else feel like this game was Darkest of Days with dinosaurs with all the time traveling and teleporting dinos? Baaaaaaad memories....
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Jay Wang Yu

Jay Wang Yu's Gamercard
yea the game was retarded all the way through and then the ending just blew my mind
Jay Wang Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
1morey

sk8tbdkid's Gamercard
I actually liked this game, and I do agree with OP about the ending. NOt only that, but Spike would have rotted away to bones if he infact had "died" for a year.

1morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah the ending sucked but this game was destined to be bargain bin garbage anyway. Nothing about this game surprised me in terms of the quality. Easy gamerscore and that is about it.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #7
jr0643

jr0634's Gamercard
it's worse that the lost ending
jr0643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #8
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Haha you're talking about logic in a game where you're fighting dinosaurs from different time periods within the Bermuda Triangle as well as Scorpions for some reason?

I mean yea it is pretty absurd that they would keep a dead dinosaur for over a year, but the fact that those 2 old dudes survived out there by themselves with nothing but archaic weapons for a year seems to amaze me more than anything else. Also, how did Rock even "kill" that big dino in the first place is pretty much a big stretch since it was able to withstand constant RPG/Grenade barrages from it's earlier encounter with you.

Either way, the game is full of plotholes and bad storytelling that its best not to think too much into it unless you're really bored or something lol
Rapture639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
NShepherd N7

NShepherd N7's Gamercard
The ending is terrible, like a lot of the game. I wonder what the team behind it were thinking. They had to know their game wasn't very good, and they had to know their ending didn't make sense. I would have been embarassed to have worked on it.
NShepherd N7 is offline   Reply With Quote