PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Batman: Arkham City > Harley Quinn's Revenge
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
kiedis1984

kiedis1984's Gamercard
Too short?

It was nice getting some new SP stuff from A:AC, but did anyone else think it was a little bit on the short side?

I know that the main game is big enough on it's own, but I thought as a story on to itself it could have been maybe just a little bit longer.
kiedis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
KennyJive

KennyJive's Gamercard
i completed it in a little under 2 hours. Totally let down at its short length and the fact we're still in the exact same spot story wise as we were at the end of the campaign.

KennyJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:16 PM   #3
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiedis1984 View Post
It was nice getting some new SP stuff from A:AC, but did anyone else think it was a little bit on the short side?

I know that the main game is big enough on it's own, but I thought as a story on to itself it could have been maybe just a little bit longer.
I agree. A lil bit longer would be nice. Maybe put in Catwoman too but I think it was alright. Now I can back to MP3.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Scrummy64

Scrummy64's Gamercard
I would have still been fully satisfied despite the two-hour length if there had been another hint towards a sequel at the end, but seeing as, as has been said, it leaves you in the exact same place as at the end of the main game, I did feel a little disappointed.
Nonetheless, I enjoyed it a lot while it lasted, so even having played through it already and therefore knowing how short it is, I can safely say that I would still have paid the full 800 Points for it even if I had already known about the length.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJive View Post
i completed it in a little under 2 hours. Totally let down at its short length and the fact we're still in the exact same spot story wise as we were at the end of the campaign.
Good to know. I have the game but haven't played it yet and knowing this, I doubt I'll get this DLC.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
the only thing good i liked in this dlc was u get to play as robin and everything else wasnt very good. Their was no twist no no drama and harley is such a bad villain, i really thought she was going to good in this one.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
andy888101

Andy888101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yes to short but i Like it
Old 05-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #8
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
Good to know. I have the game but haven't played it yet and knowing this, I doubt I'll get this DLC.
Play it. Its a great game
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Deal of the week
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #10
Scrummy64

Scrummy64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
the only thing good i liked in this dlc was u get to play as robin and everything else wasnt very good. Their was no twist no no drama and harley is such a bad villain, i really thought she was going to good in this one.
I actually thought she was quite a believable villain; the part about halfway through where you discover her giant monument to the Joker was a bit disturbing, and seemed to reflect her descent into complete madness quite nicely. Oh, and the plot regarding why she lured Batman and Robin into the steel mill in the first place was good - not something most people would have trouble thinking up, but good nonetheless.
She would definitely struggle to hold up an entire sequel as the main villain, as a lot of people initially suspected before the DLC was announced due to the post-credits secret, but as a DLC villain she wasn't half bad, and it definitely compensated for her minimal role in the main game.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #11
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

I do agree 2 hours is short but they said it would be 2 hours so you got exactly what was advertised. If you don't think it's worth 800msp you should have waited till it was on sale. Its like buying a can of beans and been disapointed all you got was some beans in a can.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
H0p3sfalL
A Goat in Sheep's Rosary

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
Deal of the week
I agree. If it's as short as everyone is saying it is, then i'll wait.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
MicroCool

MicroCool's Gamercard
I'm not sure why everyone is complaing. Rocksteady even said it was about a 2 hour game and they never said anything about this pushing the story forward for the next game.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroCool View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is complaing. Rocksteady even said it was about a 2 hour game and they never said anything about this pushing the story forward for the next game.
yes they said that, but i thought we we getting more than go here, here, beatup these guys, go here, end of dlc. and it was wayy too overhyped. this dlc should be like 4-5 dollars max.
xXmyxxmastaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
MicroCool is right. They delivered everything they promised.

Some people just can't be pleased. Everyone says "We want DLC..." so they put out challenges maps. Everyone says "We hate challenge maps, give us story DLC..." so they put out story DLC. Everyone says "It's too short/no twist ending/no spoilers for the next game!"

Pfbbbt!!! Go pay $20 for COD maps or $40+ for Gears 3 weapon skins.

VyperJMc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:41 AM   #16
Scrummy64

Scrummy64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
MicroCool is right. They delivered everything they promised.

Some people just can't be pleased. Everyone says "We want DLC..." so they put out challenges maps. Everyone says "We hate challenge maps, give us story DLC..." so they put out story DLC. Everyone says "It's too short/no twist ending/no spoilers for the next game!"

Pfbbbt!!! Go pay $20 for COD maps or $40+ for Gears 3 weapon skins.
I think everyone would have been a whole lot happier just if the price was lower; the Robin and Nightwing bundles each cost 560 Points, a spot-on price because they each offered hours of extra gameplay but didn't really add anything new besides a couple of new maps and different combat techniques, so I would have expected the same kind of price for this, which adds brand new content (and really enjoyable content at that), but only lasts for a couple of hours.
As I said in another thread, it's not quite as bad as the pricing for the Mass Effect 3 DLC 'From Ashes', which charged the same price of 800 Points but for a single mission that lasted approximately half an hour, not even of the same quality as many of the missions, and that could only be replayed by starting a new profile. The one lasting thing it offered was a new character, who was admittedly very cool, but to be honest that's effectively the same as getting a cool new skin in Arkham City. So based on those standards, people haven't got much to complain about here :L
Old 05-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #17
syn201

run187's Gamercard

Dam that was disappointing .nothing takes any skill to beat in hqr .only things that will take any form of skill for me will be the qucik gadget thing ..

Anyone using the terms "lad","swag","COOL STORY BRO" will be insta ignored..
syn201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #18
Takamura Bear

Yes, very short. If they could've squeezed out an extra hour or two of content somehow, I would rate it higher.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #19
Refreshing 303

Refreshing 303's Gamercard
DLC, was a bit disappointing. "3 hours of new content" Pshh, try 45 minutes.
Refreshing 303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #20
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refreshing 303 View Post
DLC, was a bit disappointing. "3 hours of new content" Pshh, try 45 minutes.
I still think people need to realize that all of the voice talent had to be re-hired, scripted, had them do the different takes, draw up all of the cut scenes...this was quite a bit of work that went into an admittedly short side story, but lots of work went on behind making this. This DLC was basically fan service for people complaining about all of the challenge maps.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #21
cbssi

dude527's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfEVILmonkey View Post
I still think people need to realize that all of the voice talent had to be re-hired, scripted, had them do the different takes, draw up all of the cut scenes...this was quite a bit of work that went into an admittedly short side story, but lots of work went on behind making this. This DLC was basically fan service for people complaining about all of the challenge maps.
All of that could've been done, with just a little more play space added. That was my main problem. I don't mind so much how brief and insignificant the story felt in itself - what I hated was how none of the gameplay felt meaty, involved, or unique. Robin was a brief new take on the same mechanics we've used hundreds of times by now. As far as "new" content goes, we basically just got a new facility.

For me, this would have felt acceptable as a piece of the game. It would have been a stellar piece if they gave Harley her own turf somewhere in the main game and had all of this go down. But to charge $10 for it to be the last story-driven piece of content we get from this game is just not acceptable. Price point is hardly an issue, to be clear, but it's the principle of the thing - I hate being sold content that leaves a sour taste in my mouth for a more-than-stellar game for a relatively exorbitant amount of money. Voice actors, cutscenes, whatever - other developers do this stuff and they do it better. Why can't Rocksteady? It's mediocre DLC for an amazing game, and that alone makes it really disappointing.

For me, the bottom line of DLC content that's not skins, maps, or bonus features is this: it should feel like a "mini-campaign". At the very least, I'm kind of expecting a beginning/middle/end kind of structure, with fairly interesting (if really rapid) development of a problem, and then an interesting climax. Harley Quinn's Revenge just didn't have this. By the time the last cutscene started rolling, I kind of felt like I was still somewhere towards the beginning to middle of the DLC. They didn't really develop the whole Batman brooding over Joker's death angle very extensively. The relationship between Batman and Robin still feels very awkward, even though we got to play as Robin here. We got no real explanation for why Arkham City is still a thing, or how long exactly this takes place after the main game.
100% retail games: King Kong, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo: Reach, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Assassin's Creed II, Saw, Mass Effect 2
80%+ retail games: The Orange Box, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Fallout 3, Fable II, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect, Halo Wars, BioShock, BioShock 2
cbssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #22
ColdCokeCan

ColdCokeCan's Gamercard
is this dlc any good ?
and is it worth the 400msp
ColdCokeCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
blingstonhewes

BlingstonHewes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCokeCan View Post
is this dlc any good ?
and is it worth the 400msp
It's a fun time if you enjoyed the main game - more of a good thing is never bad. I just really disliked the "take back" of an easter egg from the main game that I really liked.
blingstonhewes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #24
SenhorDasTrevas

SenhorDasTrevas's Gamercard
I wanted that every game had a DLC with extended story, but not so short like this one. Nevertheless, I though that it was fun, worth the 400 points that I paid in the last sale.
SenhorDasTrevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #25
PsychoKnight666

PsychoKnight666's Gamercard
It was abit on the short side but it was fun playing as robin as I have not got the robin/nightwing dlc yet

PsychoKnight666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #26
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I guess for me, any story DLC was a welcome change from the challenge maps. Those got pretty old after a while. I appreciate that Rocksteady listened to the fans and put together a small story DLC for us. If $10 was too much for you, then you should have waited until it dropped to $5, which it eventually did.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #27
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
minus the lame balloon achievement, i easily beat the game under an hour, which i found very disappointing. it was somewhat worth its price.
MackeyNArf3952 is offline   Reply With Quote