PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Unreal Tournament 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Jonker3262

Jonker3262's Gamercard
Lightbulb Do you want to 'Get a Life' ?

Hello everyone, I was having a hard time with killing 200 bots everyday, you know, 50 days is a lot and most of us are not able to do this in a row, so I've decided to share the way I did it, you probably know this already but I noticed it's not in the guide nor in any other thread (at least I couldn't find it) so here it is:

a) Start the game and go to multiplayer and host a match with the following settings:

Game Mode: Capture the flag
Map: Coret
Match Type: Player match
Max Players: 16
Private Slots: 16
Bots Difficulty: Novice
Number of captures: 1
Time limit: 20
Mutators: Speed freak & Weapon replacement (replace Shock Rifle for Rocket Launcher)

Start the match, press left on the D-pad and choose Defend -> Everyone, this will make everyone in your team stay at your base.

Run to the enemy flag, capture it and run up the ramp to the platform above the flag, there is a health pack as well as a rocket launcher with ammo (this means you have infinite supplies and health here). Camp here as there is only one way up so everyone will be coming after you and you just rocket them off (you can even shot them below when they are coming, but watch your left so you're not flanked), as soon as you get 200 kills (around 10 minutes) simply run to your base to capture the flag and win the match, this will save your kills for that day.

b) After the match, go to the Xbox Dashboard -> System Settings -> Console Settings -> Clock -> Time Zone

Change ur timezone to a country ahead of you one day (in my case my time is GMT-06 and i selected GMT+14), this means the system time has already advanced one day.

Repeat a) then b) but this time change back to your time zone (it will go back to normal, one day before), the game doesn't save the exact day your kills are made, just checks that it is a different day from your last 200 kills, so you can do this process as many times in a single day as you want and get a lot of days in one day!

Hope this is easy to understand and as helpful as it was for me.

Finally I just want to thank x360a for all the help they provide for completing games and RichSteven423 for sharing the time zone method. (Most people do this on Deathmatch but I found CTF method way faster if you are done with the rest of the achievements.)

PS. If you find any mistakes please let me know, as English is not my first language.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
JennyOwnz

JennyOwnz's Gamercard
Believe it or not, sadly, I got this legit. Haha. I know! I have a lot of time in my hands I guess. I'm real good at this game and I always come in first after any Deatmatch game I play. Maybe once in a while, I'll find fierce competition and they'll beat me but not always. The same for team deathmatch. Yeah though. I was playing Deathmatch one day and all of a sudden, bleep bloop*. I see on the bottom of the screen. " Get a life". What a great/sad start for my morning that day. LOL
Old 10-06-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Jonker3262

Jonker3262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyOwnz View Post
Believe it or not, sadly, I got this legit. Haha. I know! I have a lot of time in my hands I guess. I'm real good at this game and I always come in first after any Deatmatch game I play. Maybe once in a while, I'll find fierce competition and they'll beat me but not always. The same for team deathmatch. Yeah though. I was playing Deathmatch one day and all of a sudden, bleep bloop*. I see on the bottom of the screen. " Get a life". What a great/sad start for my morning that day. LOL
Haha, true, with that achievement name its hard to say if its great or sad!
I did like half legit but some days I was like... nah not today... and like a year passed by lol! I mean its just a few minutes a day but I think its the daily part that makes this annoying :P

Edit: just noticed you are missing Ranked Champion achievement, and so am I xD maybe we could boost it if you are interested also I could give you a hand with the insane campaign!

Last edited by Jonker3262; 10-06-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Jonker3262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
JennyOwnz

JennyOwnz's Gamercard
It was annoying waiting all that time! Haha. Yeah, the "win 500 ranked matches" is one of those achievements that nobody will ever get legit. Seeing as not many people play UT3. Yeah though. Sure we can try. Send me a friend request if you want
Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 AM   #5
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Does it really work because there's been a lot of arguments about this?
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
Iv AJay vI

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I don't know why there would be arguments about it.. it does work.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm gonna do 5 a day.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #8
AntithesiS TraX

antithesis trax's Gamercard
Hey, I also want boosting mates to do the online achievements, since there is almost NOBODY online, send me a friend request if you want to do this
AntithesiS TraX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
Jonker3262

Jonker3262's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufty View Post
Does it really work because there's been a lot of arguments about this?
Yes, it works!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #10
mihai7645

Send a message via Yahoo to mihai7645

mihai7645's Gamercard
does it also work if i don't have Live Gold?

i can still enter multiplayer and i've got all of the achievements except multiplayer ranked ones and this one.
mihai7645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #11
mihai7645

Send a message via Yahoo to mihai7645

mihai7645's Gamercard
to answer my own question, it does work with Silver...i've just got it and it pops in the game, right after the 200th kill
mihai7645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 AM   #12
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5's Gamercard
can this be done offline, when you can actually change the date, rather than the time zone?
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #13
crabbycrabcrab

Reabo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can it be done in instand matchS?

Completed Retail (156)
: Super Tiime Force (Xbox one)
Completed XBLA (82): The Walking Dead Season 2
crabbycrabcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #14
deluxnugs

deluxnugs's Gamercard
i dont think it works

ive got 63 flag capts thus ive done the date change 63 times.i also did 3 matches in death match.that gives me 200 kills x 65days and no achievement.last week i made the mistake of doing it in instant action but that was my own fault.so this time i made sure to follow you directions to the T and no achievement.while i havnt played this game since 08/09/08 i got an update when i put it in 2 weeks ago.but i highly dought that epic saw fit to release a patch for this game while working on gears 3.also i dont know why uhh objective would post that this process works as the GT doesnt have the achievement.you should be sure that what you post works as many people may waste their time following usless instructions.unless this method is confirmed by more people who actually get the achievement this way the post should be deleted.
deluxnugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
giffy 1988

If it helps anyone, I'd suggest the Morbias arena with max novice bots and speedfreak. You easily grab a kill every 10 seconds. Set the target score to zero and play for 20 minutes just to be sure. Repeat on 50 days - easy, fun and quick
giffy 1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
BloodHawk1991

BloodHawk1991's Gamercard
I've been working on this for a few day's now *along with a few more achievements for this game* this and the others are going to take a while >.<
BloodHawk1991 is offline   Reply With Quote