Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
Audi0freakXBL

Audi0freak's Gamercard
Corrupt DLC?

I bought the GOTY edition with the DLC disc a little while ago and today me and my friends decided we wanted to have a Borderlands weekend. So I've installed all the DLC and fired up the game to get a message popup saying that some of the DLC files are corrupt.

At first I thought it must just be me, but my friend who bought all his DLC off the marketplace is getting the same message. I've heard rumors that it's to do with an update that was released.

So I'm wondering if anyone else on here has had that problem, and how did you deal with it (if you have)?

Audi0freakXBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
savagetravage

savagetravage's Gamercard
I had the same problem. I don't know if the circumstances are the same for me as they are for you, but this is what happened to me:
I took my hard drive to my friends place, thus disconnecting it from my xbox and putting it in his. (we both have elites.) My DLC was corrupt and I tried to figure out why. Apparently if you remove your hard drive from the xbox, it corrupts the DLC. It also did it with my Dragon Age: Origins DLC.
As I said, I don't know if you had the same circumstances, but that appears to be the most popular reason.
savagetravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
zippymidget

zippymidgetjr's Gamercard
A buddy of mine had the same problem. Probably just need to delete everything but the character saves and reinstall. I'de have to ask him what exactly he did, but he got his to work. I had bought the dlc over live before the goty addition, so I just uninstalled and re-downloaded mine.
zippymidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 AM   #4
Rums
Banned User

My cousin and I plated co-op yesterday using the system link option, everything worked fine but when we disconnected from each other, he was no longer able to level up his weapon efficiency.

The only reason I bring this up is because we were playing one of the dlcs. My cousin is super pissed, so much in fact he stopped playing it all together and started on Dragon's Dogma.

I feel bad for him, but everything seems to check out on my end.
Rums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
zippymidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rums View Post
My cousin and I plated co-op yesterday using the system link option, everything worked fine but when we disconnected from each other, he was no longer able to level up his weapon efficiency.
with the patches that got released you can't play on the same disc, or download content. More then likely if he got his own cd, or bought the dlc online then it would probably fix your cousins issues. Had the same probably with my wifes stuff. She couldn't even play the game till we got a second copy for her.

As for weapon proficiency, it takes a while. and if there lower lever then you it pretty much doesn't level up at all. you have to fight stuff your level or higher to up the proficiency.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #6
Rums
Banned User

He does have his own disc, and this would have been the 5th time we've run through this game, so it's not his lack of play time that's preventing his weapon stats from leveling up.

He never plays online, and his dashboard was from 2 updates ago. I, having just bought a new slim while connected to his xbox, caused his dashboard to update. This is odd, because I had to disconnect from online to play with him, so I've no idea how my slim updated his. Just weird.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
zippymidget

Okay, well I don't know what to say about playing together or what not. I think my weapon proficiency explanation didn't come out right.

For example. Your lvl 10 and you kill something level 7 or 8. Your weapon proficiency won't go up. If you kill something 9+ it should.

If that doesn't help then best bet would be to go into your xbox system setting and save your characters or what not that you want to keep to a usb drive or something and then delete the game files. Then start the game up and reinstall all the updates.

Best of luck though, it sucks hard core when games glitch like that.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Rums
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippymidget View Post
For example. Your lvl 10 and you kill something level 7 or 8. Your weapon proficiency won't go up. If you kill something 9+ it should.
Right:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rums
and this would have been the 5th time we've run through this game, so it's not his lack of play time that's preventing his weapon stats from leveling up.
Quote:
Best of luck though, it sucks hard core when games glitch like that.
Dragon's Dogma got him over it, quick.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #9
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
deleting the DLC, clearing the cache & reinstalling the DLC worked for a friend of mine. just don't delete your game saves.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote