PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age: Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
Woutsie

Woutsie's Gamercard
Hard to play with controller? Is this a PC-game?

Now I'm looking for some really good games and Dragon Age struck me. I did some research, watched some trailers, read some reviews, comments by players, etc...
And alot of people said that it's a PC-game and a bit hard to play with a controller... Is this true?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woutsie View Post
Now I'm looking for some really good games and Dragon Age struck me. I did some research, watched some trailers, read some reviews, comments by players, etc...
And alot of people said that it's a PC-game and a bit hard to play with a controller... Is this true?
its not hard to play with a controller, but i think this game was originally intended for PC, but at the last minute got multi-platformed. it is a really great game, and if you buy the ultimate edition, you get all the DLC for a massive discount compared to downloading it all off marketplace.

if you're into your RPG's then you HAVE to get this game.

this is coming from a predominantly console gamer, but i think i would struggle trying to play this on a PC, although its were it was intended, the controls are easy enough to grasp and worth the effort anyway.

Huge thanks to DEG23 for the sig.
Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
mrj3d

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I didn't find it hard to play at all. They changed some of the controls to adapt for a controller based scheme. I think it works very well, I never had any problems.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
No problems here, except for my controller with a slight "drift", causing me to run away from enemies, cancelling out my attacks. But, I had no problems with the controller mechanics of the game.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Floyd XBA
Community Representative

Floyd XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Subscriber - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The aforementioned "drift" is definitely a specific controller issue, nothing to do with the game.

I initially played on PC, and now having played both PC and Xbox, I found that both were equally as enjoyable. It was nice to be able to map abilities easier on PC, but the Xbox layout is very friendly and easy to use. I would recommend the Xbox ultimate edition.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
I would advise making sure the Left Trigger is set up so you don't have to hold it down while selecting potions or abilities.. makes combat much more enjoyable..
jedi420j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
GAThrawn

GAThrawnMIA's Gamercard
Definitely, had non problems with controls in this at all, and I'm used to playing other Bioware games on PC (Mass Effect 1 definitely had superior controls on PC).
GAThrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #8
PyreBall

Send a message via AIM to PyreBall Send a message via MSN to PyreBall Send a message via Yahoo to PyreBall

Biggreen719's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKRAIZEEMANx View Post
No problems here, except for my controller with a slight "drift", causing me to run away from enemies, cancelling out my attacks. But, I had no problems with the controller mechanics of the game.
Ah, I thought that was just my controller goofing up. I feel a lot better, now.
Soul Calibur IV, Soul Calibur V, Tekken 6, Super Street Fighter IV, MvC3, Puzzle Quest, Halo: Reach, Madden 10, Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands, Gears of War 3,, Modern Warfare 3, Rock Band, MvC2, Battlefield 1943, Castle Crashers
PyreBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #9
Galarzaa90

Galarzaa90's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420j View Post
I would advise making sure the Left Trigger is set up so you don't have to hold it down while selecting potions or abilities.. makes combat much more enjoyable..
I didn't know you could do that, I will search for that, thanks!

Back to the topic, I played this game on PC briefly, and it was awesome, I think it's easier to control there, plus you have more "hotkeys" for talents and skills.

And I recently started it on xbox, and I'm starting to get used to it.
Galarzaa90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:10 AM   #10
someguyhere

vmd50's Gamercard
I play most games on consoles and also found no problems with a controller.
someguyhere is offline   Reply With Quote