PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Medal of Honor: Airborne
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Is the WWII Victory Medal achievement working now?
OMG IT FINALLY UNLOCKED!!!! 2 9.09%
Nothing popped up after winning on all 6 maps. 12 54.55%
Still haven't tried it yet. 8 36.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
World War II Victory Medal may of been patched finally!

I sent EA a very long detailed letter about the achievement. I told them we are completionist and don't care if its a 0G achievement. We want the 100%. I also linked them to the petition here on the forums. They replied and said this.

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts again.

Firstly, I genuinely appreciate your email pointing out these features. At Electronic Arts, we always endeavor to keep our tools and platforms user-friendly. Incontestably, your comments have offered us an imperative perspective that shall be earnestly looked into.

I really appreciate your comments. Your inputs have been forwarded to our Game Development Team for further review. Our Experts always strive to make Games very player friendly and interesting. Hence your inputs have been very motivating and I request you to share your feedback with us regularly.

Moreover, I am sure you would find our Game Forums very interesting. Not only can you post your comments on our official forums but also interact with fellow gamers. Since these Forums are regularly monitored by our Game Developers, they offer an effective medium to communicate with the Developers.
Please visit the link: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/190.page

In case of any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with us anytime.

Regards,
Divya
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

I then loaded up the game a few days later to see if they did anything and noticed that there was no update. What I did notice though was that the

Time Played
Wins
Losses
Score
Deaths
K/D
Team Points
Suicides
Team Kills
Games Played
High Score

have all been reset to 0. I believe they just reset everything that doesn't matter. Has this happened to anyone else? I was afraid they would reset my kills but they did not.

So it looks like they did something. I will try to test if the achievement is fixed as soon as I can. If anyone else can test it too that would be great!

Edit: Just loaded up the game later and all the stats were back they way they were. Not sure what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HiddenLongshot?feature=mhee

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 02-29-2012 at 10:55 PM.
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongebobRoundpants View Post
I sent EA a very long detailed letter about the achievement. I told them we are completionist and don't care if its a 0G achievement. We want the 100%. I also linked them to the petition here on the forums. They replied and said this.

Hello Jordan,

Firstly, I genuinely appreciate your email pointing out these features. At Electronic Arts, we always endeavor to keep our tools and platforms user-friendly. Incontestably, your comments have offered us an imperative perspective that shall be earnestly looked into.

I really appreciate your comments. Your inputs have been forwarded to our Game Development Team for further review. Our Experts always strive to make Games very player friendly and interesting. Hence your inputs have been very motivating and I request you to share your feedback with us regularly.

Moreover, I am sure you would find our Game Forums very interesting. Not only can you post your comments on our official forums but also interact with fellow gamers. Since these Forums are regularly monitored by our Game Developers, they offer an effective medium to communicate with the Developers.
Please visit the link: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/show/190.page

In case of any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with us anytime.

Regards,
Divya
Electronic Arts - World Wide Customer Experience

I then loaded up the game a few days later to see if they did anything and noticed that there was no update. What I did notice though was that the

Time Played
Wins
Losses
Score
Deaths
K/D
Team Points
Suicides
Team Kills
Games Played
High Score

have all been reset to 0. I believe they just reset everything that doesn't matter. Has this happened to anyone else? I was afraid they would reset my kills but they did not.

So it looks like they did something. I will try to test if the achievement is fixed as soon as I can. If anyone else can test it too that would be great!

Edit: Just loaded up the game later and all the stats were back they way they were. Not sure what happened.
No offense, but that sounds like a pretty generic email... This game is very old and I'm guessing support for it was cut years ago (hell, if even had any in the first place! never got any post launch content). Anyway, it'd be nice if they did fix it, but I'm 99.9% sure they won't... too bad, though, this game was fun... better than the new MoH at least.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
SpongebobRoundpants

Please post anything if you noticed something differen't or get an update from the game.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
SpongebobRoundpants

Just talked to another advisor to see if the issue is being resolved. Here is the whole conversation.

Samarth:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Samarth how may I help you?

you:
I am here to talk to you about this case I have.

Samarth:
Please provide me the case id.

you:
CASE: 03044157

Samarth:
It is related to a bug?

you:
yes, a glitched achievement in Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Samarth:
I am really sorry for any disappointment this may cause to you.

you:
An advisor told me that the game development was working on patching this achievement thats glitched. I need to know if they have fixed it or are still working on it.

Samarth:
Yes that is correct and the issue is still be investigated.

Samarth:
Ok what I can do is fill out a complaint form for you if you like and we will give your missing items back.

you:
what are the missing items?

Samarth:
The Achievement.

you:
You guys can pop the achievement "World War II Victory Medal" achievement for me. I have already done the requirements to get the achievement many many times.

Samarth:
Yes, that is why I am saying that I will forward this to the concerned team.

you:
Ok, sounds good.

Samarth:
I am sure that the issue will be resolved very soon.

you:
Will this also be fixed for the thousands of others that have had this achievement not unlock for them when they do the requirement?

Samarth:
Yes, it will be resolved for number of gamers but your issue will be resolved on priority bases as you reported us and you will get benefits as well.

you:
Sorry, I can't read the words after "resolved on". Please retype that part.

Samarth:
Yes,
it will be resolved for number of gamers but your issue will be resolved on priority bases as you reported us and you will get benefits as well.

you:
do you have my gamertag?

Samarth:
Please provide me the gamer tag id and the email id that is associated with the game.

you:
My gamertag is "gamerboyTHXtss". Whats the email associated with the game?

Samarth:
The xbox mail.

you:
You mean the email that is associated with my gamertag?

Samarth:
Yes correct.

you:
jeffwireman@hotmail.com

Samarth:
Thank you for the requested information.

Samarth:
Okay that form was sent off for you. You should see the issue resolved in some time and I Thank you for all your patients.

you:
Thanks for the Help! I hope to see this issue resolved soon. Thanks for taking care of this bug. I know you guys don't really support the game at anymore but thanks for the help.

Samarth:
The pleasure is all mine.

Samarth:
Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

you:
That will be all. Thanks for the help!

Samarth:
You will be getting a survey in your email after this chat. I would appreciate if you took the time to fill it out. It lets my supervisor know how I am doing. Thank you for your time.

you:
I will fill the survey out right away. Thanks for the help!

Samarth:
Thank you so much.

Samarth:
If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us any time!

Samarth:
I'm glad that I was able to help you. It wouldn't have been possible without your co-operation.

you:
Will do.

Samarth:
Bye and have a great day. Hope you have a great time.

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 03-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
SpongebobRoundpants

Smile Last thing I heard from them

Hello Jordan,

I appreciate your involvement towards resolving the issue. It is great to know that you put so much efforts. Please keep your eyes on the forum for the update.

If you have any further questions or concerns, Please reply to this email or browse our extensive knowledge base online at http://help.ea.com.

Regards,
Vikrant
Electronic Arts- World Wide Customer Experience
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the forum. Please post in it guys to help out and for it to get noticed.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8281981.page

Don't post anything saying that EA ain't going to do crap for this game. It really doesn't help and tells me you don't care about the achievement.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Wow, sorry for saying that sounded generic, it sounds like you may really be on track to getting this fixed! Good job! I wonder what will happen for the many people that have already met the requirements, though? Will it just pop for us or could it somehow become un-obtainable?
Old 03-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #7
SpongebobRoundpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
Wow, sorry for saying that sounded generic, it sounds like you may really be on track to getting this fixed! Good job! I wonder what will happen for the many people that have already met the requirements, though? Will it just pop for us or could it somehow become un-obtainable?
I explained an update to EA that they could do that would make the achievement pop for anyone who plays the game. I told them the update would make the achievement pop when you click start to get to the main menu after you download the update. For example, lets say someone has never played this game and they just bought it, they put it in, download the update, and the achievement unlocks for them without having to do anything.

I told EA this would not be cheating because the achievement is unobtainable. I am sure there will be an update very soon. That email they sent me was sent to me today too.

Last edited by SpongebobRoundpants; 03-16-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongebobRoundpants View Post
I explained an update to EA that they could do that would make the achievement pop for anyone who plays the game. I told them the update would make the achievement pop when you click start to get to the main menu after you download the update. For example, lets say someone has never played this game and they just bought it, they put it in, download the update, and the achievement unlocks for them without having to do anything.

I told EA this would not be cheating because the achievement is unobtainable. I am sure there will be an update very soon. That email they sent me was sent to me today too.
That sounds like a pretty good idea, I mean it is a 0G achievement after all... Plus it's not really that hard to get (well it is, but if it wasn't glitched... you know what I mean), anyway if they fixed it, it would give me a good reason to get back on this game as I've left it at 760G for over a year now, and maybe other people would do the same, so the rest of the online achievements wouldn't need boosting, for a little while anyways.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
fisha0505

Boy it didnt take u long to crack, feel sorry for u in a way as EA treat all their customers like crap and have nadda support for any of their games. Just have a look at the amount of servers they close due to no one playing. No support No play. Don't bother as many people have requested help with this achievement and look at the outcome, save urself from getting ur hopes up high
fisha0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Coadster1

Coadster1 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It's my only missing achievement from completing the game. Sure, I have it maxed out in score, but I won't count it as a completion until I get that. I sold my second copy of the game, but I still have my first of course. I won on all maps and game modes, and nothing. I'm hoping/thinking they will release a patch after they announce a server closure, which shouldn't be too long, I'm thinking this summer, as well as Army of Two: The 40th Day (working on that now) and other EA games.

Seriously 3.0 (4/17/12)
Unlocking Seriously 3.0 (Click)

1 - HELL Difficulty Mode Cleared. (9/3/12)
(Achievement to hit 100K)
Hitting 100,000 GamerScore (Click)

TrueAchievements
Coadster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #11
SpongebobRoundpants

Fuck this game and all future EA games!!!!!!

You are now ready to chat with Shashi Kant.
Shashi Kant:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Shashi Kant how may I help you?
you:
The game Medal of Honor: Airborne has a glitched achievement that won't unlock when requirements are met and the development team said they were working on it. Its been over 6 weeks now and still no word on an update for the game. Can you check to see if they are working on it?
Shashi Kant:
I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Shashi Kant:
Let me check with our updates.
you:
Ok.
you:
The Medal of Honor: Airborne for Xbox 360.
Shashi Kant:
Thank you for waiting. I really appreciate your patience.
you:
your welcome
Shashi Kant:
As I have seen this issue is fixed now.
Shashi Kant:
I would appreciate if you could specify the issue in detail. That will help me to resolve our issue in better way.
you:
Well somehow the case I had for it that had all the details got erased.
you:
Its just an achievement in the game called "MP- World War II Victory Medal" that will not unlock once the requirements have been met.
you:
I have talked to about 8 game advisors about this issue but it never gets fixed. Posting in the forums does nothing because the developers don't read them.
you:
How do you know the issue is fixed?
Shashi Kant:
I had a word with my supervisor.
you:
So there was an update for the game?
Shashi Kant:
Are you still facing the same issue?
you:
yes
Shashi Kant:
Okay.
Shashi Kant:
I will inform to my senior regarding this.
Shashi Kant:
Please post it on forum as well.
Shashi Kant:
Moreover, the game forums are often visited and monitored by the Production Team, Development Team and game Designers and the possibility is there that you could have a direct interaction with any of them in the forum and you find your way to get rid of the problem. Your feedback is really important as it helps us to deliver a better game for esteemed members like you.
you:
I have and it does nothing. The topics I created have been there for a long time and I have got no help.
Shashi Kant:
I apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Shashi Kant:
I will also inform to my senior regarding this.
Shashi Kant:
May I know your name to address youi?
Shashi Kant:
*you?
you:
I have talked to game advisors and inform their senior but it still does not get fixed. Its like the game will no longer ever get support.
you:
Jordan
Shashi Kant:
Thank you Jordan.
you:
*and they inform their senior
Shashi Kant:
Jordan, this is in-game issue.
you:
yes
Shashi Kant:
I will try my best to make your issue in highlight.
Shashi Kant:
We do not have any troubleshooting steps to provide you in this issue.
Shashi Kant:
This is in-game game issue so this can be fixed by development team.
Shashi Kant:
I hope you understand me.
you:
The game is old now and I don't think the development team will ever fix it. I would almost pay them to fix it but after making so many topics in the forums, talking to game advisors, friends, emailing you guys, nothing ever happens. I wish they would take the time to fix it.
Shashi Kant:
I do agree with you.
Shashi Kant:
I can completely understand your state of mind.
Shashi Kant:

you:
Earlier you said the issue has been resolved?
Shashi Kant:
Had it been in my hand I would have fixed it.
Shashi Kant:
I have been informed the issue is fixed now.
you:
Does the information you received mention any details about how to unlock it?
Shashi Kant:
If you are still experiencing the same issue it means it is not fixed for all players.
Shashi Kant:
You may try it.
Shashi Kant:
Stay till the very end of the game (including letting the postgame timer count down). If any randoms happen to be in your game, and they quit - everyone should quit the game and start again.
Shashi Kant:
If you have just started the online portion, go for this achievement first and following comment 3 should garner you the achievement.
you:
You got that off of xbox360achievements.org. I have followed every step on that site and other sites and it still doesn't unlock.
you:
I am just going to have to just give up. For having 94% completion on all my achievements on my account with 155000 gamerscore, this achievement will never be obtained.
Shashi Kant:
I am sorry to say you that as a technical chat support we have very little opportunity to handle in-game issue.
Shashi Kant:
I will inform my senior regarding this.
you:
I have noticed glitched achievements in many other games too.
you:
NEVER BUYING AN EA GAME AGAIN EVER!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #12
ViVaGordito4evr

ViVaGordito4evr's Gamercard
I thought the servers were shut down for this game?

I have 1000GS on this game, but I am missing the glitched zero G cheevos and traded in my copy a long time ago, but I see that people are still boosting this game? I swear I remember reading somewhere that the servers were being shut down. Can someone clear this up for me (and maybe I'll buy the game again & try for those cheevos)? Thank you.

Cheers,

GT: ViVaGordito4evr
Old 06-09-2012, 12:08 AM   #13
Restricted-Access

Darth Pinhead's Gamercard
MP - World War II Victory Medal

This may be considered a stupid question... but based on the stupid people who created this "glitched" achievement... it might not be!

Bear with me, because I rented the game when it first came out, and returned it after I got all the achievements - the "single-player" achievements, that is.

The achievement description reads: "Come in first place on every map in any game mode in ranked matches"

Has anyone come in first place in ranked matches in "ALL" game modes, not just "any" game mode, on every map? I wouldn't be surprised if the description is incorrect! What other things have you people tried, in an attempt to get this achievement unlocked?

Am I right in understanding that NO ONE in the world has this achievement? Perhaps this should be escalated above EA, and talk to someone from Microsoft! If Microsoft can take achievements away (from cheaters)... perhaps they can award achievements to gamers who have been cheated?!

On that note... Microsoft needs to be made aware of this problem. The whole reason they came up with achievements, was so that gamers could show accomplishments off to other gamers, which in turn... encourages [hopefully] friendly competition and more people playing games on the Xbox - am I right???

BTW... I am thinking of picking this game up again, so I will be looking into this issue more closely!
Restricted-Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #14
666priest

Priest LLC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restricted-Access View Post
This may be considered a stupid question... but based on the stupid people who created this "glitched" achievement... it might not be!

Bear with me, because I rented the game when it first came out, and returned it after I got all the achievements - the "single-player" achievements, that is.

The achievement description reads: "Come in first place on every map in any game mode in ranked matches"

Has anyone come in first place in ranked matches in "ALL" game modes, not just "any" game mode, on every map? I wouldn't be surprised if the description is incorrect! What other things have you people tried, in an attempt to get this achievement unlocked?

Am I right in understanding that NO ONE in the world has this achievement? Perhaps this should be escalated above EA, and talk to someone from Microsoft! If Microsoft can take achievements away (from cheaters)... perhaps they can award achievements to gamers who have been cheated?!

On that note... Microsoft needs to be made aware of this problem. The whole reason they came up with achievements, was so that gamers could show accomplishments off to other gamers, which in turn... encourages [hopefully] friendly competition and more people playing games on the Xbox - am I right???

BTW... I am thinking of picking this game up again, so I will be looking into this issue more closely!
Not all the people that got this achievement cheated to get. It is to my understanding that anyone that played the game brand new after January 2011 will get the achievement (Highly doubt it is all the players and I just heard this, I did not make it up myself, so don't shoot the messenger). A friend of mine that is a very casual player got this achievement when he began playing the game August 2011. As to how he got the achievement, he says he just played a few matches online and got it. When it comes to unlocking this achievement for those that are lucky, the unlocking part is so inconsistent that no two people will say that they got the achievement in the same way.

There has been enough emails sent to EA regarding this achievement that I believe that the only time they will attempt to fix it is when the servers for this game will be closed. There was a similar achievement for LOTR that was unlockable right before they shut down the server and I know that the fix was to simply restart the leaderboards but you never know.

It is better to reign in hell, than to sever in heaven!

Last edited by 666priest; 06-09-2012 at 07:41 AM.
666priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:02 AM   #15
War-Lord

I wish some of the people on here would continue playing. I loved the online on there and would love to play again.
War-Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #16
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
if they ever patch this, I will climb a mountain for charity
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #17
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
maybe we can all start posting on twitter to danger close about this issue. maybe ask them to reset your stats
www.twitter.com
@medalofhonor

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #18
SpongebobRoundpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMidget_Furyx View Post
maybe we can all start posting on twitter to danger close about this issue. maybe ask them to reset your stats
www.twitter.com
@medalofhonor
Lets do it!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #19
xMidget_Furyx

So for the last couple of days I've been pestering random people on Twitter. To help out with doing a possible leaderboard reset to fix the Victory medal achievement. I finally got somewhat of a response from @AskEASupport.
@AskEASupport
I forwarded the info the Studio and some Devs to investigate. As soon as I have any info, I'll let you know. ^EX

I would have to think that resetting the leaderboard should fix the achievement that is messed up for everyone, who played before the patch.
Hopefully they just do a full reset for everyone instead of having every individual person have to ask. I would call danger close directly but can't find a number. I can't ask a game advisor since the game is no longer on the product page.
I don't know if it's glitched for me or not I won't find out until tomorrow. when I go for it.
I highly recommend anyone who wants it to contact @AskEASupport if nothing more but for having more people interested in gettting this unlocked.

Old 02-16-2013, 01:10 AM   #20
SpongebobRoundpants

I talk to the people on ea.com and they send the information too to the dev team. But never do I get a response from the team. Hopefully they can just simply click a button to reset the leaderboards.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:07 AM   #21
xMidget_Furyx

funny my other account tells me the servers for MoH are no longer available so it won't let it accept the ToS This is also happening to me in NFS Carbon.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #22
xMidget_Furyx

Ok, I got this to unlock last night but you should know I had only played 17 games back in 2008 never finishing in 1st at all.

I had played this game back in 2007 last played it in 2008. I had played the MP legit because at that time, I didn't know about achievement sites. Now I don't remember ever playing on other maps, not saying it didn't happen I got this game some time after release. My stats didn't add up they said I had played 17 games but my W/L record as 3 and 10. However when I sorted it by map I could only find 2 maps where I had 1 win each in so I have no idea where that 3 win came from. Needless to say I was a little worried about it being glitched on me. So I made sure that I started on the maps I already had wins on so that the American Campagin and WWII victory medal achievements would unlock at the same time.
Now after playing this last night I believe that games you quit out of count as a game played but not against your W/L record. I am assuming this because after I had played 1 match we had to quit out of the next one. I looked at my stats sure enough I had 19 games played 4 wins and 10 losses. That is why peoples stats are not adding up.

I got the WWII Victory medal last night first try. Now for the people who still need it I would think that a stat wipe would help with unlocking that achievement.