PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-02-2012, 05:14 AM   #61
xSh4d0w Sh0cKx

Send a message via AIM to xSh4d0w Sh0cKx

xSh4d0w Sh0cKx's Gamercard
I'd like to extend a congratulations, as well as a thank you to everyone who had a hand in creating and updating this guide, as there are a few challenges in this amazing game that are simply driving me up the wall, haha! It must have taken a lot of time and effort to put this guide together, and I know that I am personally very grateful that you've all done so.

So, thank you! Now, I'm off to complete some challenges!
xSh4d0w Sh0cKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #62
Kracker254

Kracker254's Gamercard
Can any1 please help me with the swamp fox challenge i have a mic been stuck at it for a while GT Kracker254
Kracker254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #63
DemonNinjaDrak

DemonNinjaDrak's Gamercard
Smile On Board Clean: On Elite difficulty

A great help to ease the pain of many hours of suffering XD. Just to add on Mission 6 - "Firefly Rain" from 7:05 after you take down the 2 snipers and the guy on the catwalk, you can just sneak all the way down the right side into the hanger then around the back without killing any more guards. Might help for time challenge
DemonNinjaDrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #64
raven98030

black1976's Gamercard
Thanks for this thread
raven98030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #65
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exsiben View Post
Anyone else run into the issue where if you don't complete a mission it takes away the challenges you completed when you come back? I know it says you only need to make a checkpoint and I'm sure I have. I noticed this originally on an early mission and then more specifically on mission 8 - deep fire.

During my first sitting I completed Undetected and Roger Dodger, I play to the part just before the helipad when you hold out against all the enemies swarming around above from all sides. Surely there had to be a checkpoint after at least the Undetected challenge was completed. When I continued playing later that day neither of these challenges were checked.

Is there a certain way to ensure the game saves, I know I quit after an auto save, which I assumed were checkpoints. Any help, tips, advice would be appreciated.

YES! I was just about to post this. Super fucking annoying. I had 3 missions that I stopped mid way through because it was late. Next day I continued on, completed the remaining challenges, only to find the the challenges I completed the night before were NOT credited at the post mission screen. So angry about that. Especially for swamp fox on the last level. I had all but the last 2 challenge done on that mission. Shut it off because the last part of the mission was pissing me off. So of course I lost all the challenges for that mission. So frustrating running after those two tools at the end on elite. And not looking forward to going undetected until the swamp on elite again. GRRR>

It would be so nice if you could just get the challenges that were missed, get to the next checkpoint then quit to the menu and get credit without needing to complete the whole mission. I kind of doubt that will be the case though.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #66
csfreedom

CS2Freedom's Gamercard
Great guide! Thanks a lot!
csfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #67
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
It would be so nice if you could just get the challenges that were missed, get to the next checkpoint then quit to the menu and get credit without needing to complete the whole mission. I kind of doubt that will be the case though.
thats how they worked for me, i didn't have to finish the level for challanges to count
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #68
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
Mission 7 - No Safe Distance: Every time I shoot the 3 or 4 on the left-hand side, the far right of the three shooting through the windows always sees a dead body. Every. Time.

Edit: Finally! Not that time.

Last edited by mjpartyboy; 06-06-2012 at 10:58 PM.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:00 PM   #69
DarthSoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yac View Post
thats how they worked for me, i didn't have to finish the level for challanges to count
Yeah I can confirm that now. Thankfully you can quit out once the challenge is complete and still get credit for it. I guess it is just the first run that if you shut it off and then try at a latter time that the challenges don't register.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #70
essentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracker254 View Post
Can any1 please help me with the swamp fox challenge i have a mic been stuck at it for a while GT Kracker254
Is this the challenge of reaching the Swamp Undetected? I did this last night, it took one or two tries but ended up being pretty easy. If you'd like, PM me and I'll tell you what I did
essentre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #71
DarthSoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post
Mission 7 - No Safe Distance: Every time I shoot the 3 or 4 on the left-hand side, the far right of the three shooting through the windows always sees a dead body. Every. Time.

You need to shoot the guys on the left from a better spot so that the body drops behind the vehicle and isn't seen by the 3 at the front door of the safehouse. It is always the guy on the right of that group of 3 that sees the body. Best bet is to make sure that you and one of your squad shoot the two behind the truck from the right side of the short back retaining wall. that way the bodies fall to the left and are hidden buy the vehicle from the door guy.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #72
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Just wanted to say thank you! This guide helped me a lot!

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #73
essentre

The Invisible Bear mission where I need to kill 10 Bodarks while under the EMP is really pissing me off. I'll throw an EMP on the guy, watch him lose his invisibility, kill him and it doesn't register on my count. I have no idea what to do.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #74
PowerPyx

Sometimes one of your teammates kills a Bodark. The kill won't count then.
PowerPyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #75
essentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by essentre View Post
The Invisible Bear mission where I need to kill 10 Bodarks while under the EMP is really pissing me off. I'll throw an EMP on the guy, watch him lose his invisibility, kill him and it doesn't register on my count. I have no idea what to do.
Ok, I got this but it was still happening where one or two of them didn't register as I dropped an EMP right on them. I got through the first section with 6 kills. Entering the office at the end, that was much easier to rack up the remaining kills.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #76
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Were you in magnetics the whole time? In magnetics you can't tell whether an enemy is Bodark or if they're regular troops.

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #77
essentre

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3east Lig3r View Post
Were you in magnetics the whole time? In magnetics you can't tell whether an enemy is Bodark or if they're regular troops.
No, didn't use magnetics at all. It was weird because I'd literally throw an EMP right on them, they would lose their camo, I'd kill them and it wouldn't register on the tally. I'm sure it's some sort of glitch. I got the challenge so I'm not too worried about it but that was probably the most frustrating one of all of them.

Most, if not all of the challenges were fun to do except that one!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
USS Spectre

Thanks for the guide. Made the challenges a breeze so far!
USS Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #79
DaFowlHunter

DaFowlHunter's Gamercard
Sticky this!!
DaFowlHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #80
Vay

NEC VAYDER's Gamercard
Thank you for this! Very helpful.
Vay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #81
Kali99

bzzyk's Gamercard
Question

Any one have problem with this achivment ??
I do all challanges and dont have it
Kali99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #82
Omgawd_Die

omgawd die's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPyx View Post
Mission 10 - "Gallant Thief" - Difficulty 5/5:

Mission 12 - "Shattered Mountain" - Difficulty 5/5:[/B]

1) Swamp Fox: On Elite difficulty, reach the swamp without being detected
Tactic: You reach the swamp after killing 5 of 7 HVTs and may not be detected a single time throughout the mission. There are lots of enemies to deafeat in a specific order. Follow the video from scratch and pay attention to the order in which the enemies are marked and from where I shoot and when I shoot! Sometimes if you shoot an enemy from an other direction their dead body can easily fall somewhere, where other enemies can see it. If you shoot too early or too late then another patrolling guard might see the kill. Marking the enemies in the correct order is important because some enemies cannot be shot by your teammates (e.g. the patrolling one behind the house where the first HVT is located).
(1:03 - 15:56)
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]
I was wondering if you get detected can you restart at the last checkpoint or do you have to restart from the briefing?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #83
Kali99

bzzyk's Gamercard
Just form checkpoint ...
You can check it if you are detected by pressing <back> on Pad on the list of the challenges will be red X ;-)
Kali99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #84
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Anyways, thanks OP. Videos are very helpful so far.

Edit
For the Mission 7, 40 neck breaker challenge: "At the end of the mission - after your extraction chopper has been shot down - an infinite amount of enemies will keep spawning."

That's not true cuz I'm at 35 and no more enemies are spawning.

Last edited by fastNcurious; 06-26-2012 at 02:39 AM.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #85
Kojo62

Kojo62's Gamercard
First, thanks PowerPyx for this great guide. I'm well on my way to 100% on the challenges, thanks to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post

You need to shoot the guys on the left from a better spot so that the body drops behind the vehicle and isn't seen by the 3 at the front door of the safehouse. It is always the guy on the right of that group of 3 that sees the body. Best bet is to make sure that you and one of your squad shoot the two behind the truck from the right side of the short back retaining wall. that way the bodies fall to the left and are hidden buy the vehicle from the door guy.
I tried this challenge probably 10-12 times, but that same guy in front always saw the body behind the truck. I just couldn't get him to fall right.

So, out of sheer frustration, I tried it a slightly different way and got it on the first try:

1) pick off most in the recommended sequence, leaving the 4 on the left and 3 at the front left side window.
2) shoot the rear-most 2 on the left side wall (leaving the two right behind the truck).
3) shoot the 3 at the front window.
4) shoot the remaining 2 behind the truck.

I was as surprised as anyone that this worked, but the two behind the truck somehow never saw the three at the front window get dropped.

I think there's a measure of luck on the timing either way. But, for someone who is having the same frustration I was, it at least might be worth a shot.

Last edited by Kojo62; 07-03-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Kojo62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #86
LSDragon

LSDraqon's Gamercard
Exclamation

Is there a better tactic to get the Ace of Diamonds: Execute 10 headshots while in damond formation?
Thi's the only one i have to compleet but still no luck with it.
LSDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #87
pjlambo

pjlambo's Gamercard
Guys easy way to get 8 assault rifle kills in 30 secs equip your gun with a grenade launcher - yes it counts. You can use this in both missions when the challenge appears. In Tigers Dust when you have to secure the site around the flipped SUV unload your grenade launcher on the troop trucks that arrive. Time so you take each truck out as they offload troops. Each truck contains 4 people. In the second mission where the challenge appears you can get 8 kills with the grenade launcher at the end of the race for the control room in Deep Fire. There are plenty of bunched up enemies on the last catwalk and outside the control room.
pjlambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #88
pjlambo

pjlambo's Gamercard
This is a toughy but if you can get atleast seven headshots in the first sequence you should get it. This is the only time the game gives you time to carefully aim and line up your shots before you are moved along on rails. Take advantage of it. Take out the gunner first, the guy on the lower left, then the guy above him. Next take the two gunners out on the roof and the guy right below. If you have time take out another guy on the upper right. Next sequence don't try hitting moving targets wait till they stop. After this you should only need a couple of more and you get three more sequences to try. If you see the truck burst through the wall and the challenge hasn't popped restart the checkpoint quickly.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #89
pjlambo

pjlambo's Gamercard
One other tip it helped me by switching my default pistol at the beginning of the mission and putting a laser sight on it.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #90
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide, there's just one thing I'd like to point out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPyx
Mission 7 - "Ember Hunt" - Difficulty 4/5:

2) Neckbreaker: Kill 40 enemies by snapping their necks
Tactic: At the end of the mission - after your extraction chopper has been shot down - an infinite amount of enemies will keep spawning. You can farm all your missing kills here. Just stay in cover and let the enemies assault your position.
The enemies stop respawning after a certain period of time. After melee killing almost all of the reinforcements, they quit coming at around 30 kills. If you manage to get at least 20 or so melee kills before that part then you should be good. Otherwise, don't even waste your time with this part if you didn't get any melee kills prior.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote