PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Duke Nukem Forever
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
vHailToTheKingv

vHailToTheKingv's Gamercard
Best Buy had it for around $5!

I know the game sucks, but I heard the dlc was very entertaining. Any thoughts? Is it even worth $5, or should I just stick with my IQ?
vHailToTheKingv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Game is worth much more than five bucks to be honest. Doesn't suck either, it's just a relic of older games. All my opinion of course, as much as an old school gamer I am.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

I have yet to play the DLC(even though I have it) so I dont know its good or not. But it's still 5 bucks. 5 bucks for a game that I find to be really funny.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
ZeroCrono

ZeroCrono's Gamercard
That's around how much I got the game for at the same retailer (it was $5.50 due to my excessive state/city/local tax; excessive compared to other locations in the United States) back around the end of last year.

For achievements, I don't think they are necessarily difficult to attain but time consuming. The loading times has probably caused more than a few to just stop playing the game and give up on the achievements.

As for the quality of the game, I didn't mind it for the price I paid. I've had fun with the campaign and the online multiplayer. However, I should temper that opinion since I do have weird tastes in games (I've found myself enjoying some games others do not, and have hated some games which have been generally praised). I can see where people can get frustrated with the game's obtuse design decisions and overall lack of polish. Yet, I have bought worse games for $5.

There are 2 DLC packs which I can find on the dashboard for the game. I do not own any of the DLC, but I would consider them if they were available for a lower price. One appears to be just multiplayer maps, which I think would restrict the population of players for a match, since there may not be many who purchased the maps. The other DLC pack appears to be more single-player campaign, with achievements. I'm assuming it is like the regular game's single-player campaign, which could be potentially intolerable to some (load times or lack of polish due to outdated gameplay elements).

Last edited by ZeroCrono; 06-15-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: DLC comments
ZeroCrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
Apple2Forever

Apple2Forever's Gamercard
I just picked it up from an online retailer here in New Zealand for NZ$8. Was buying something else and for that price thought I'd take a chance.
Apple2Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It is a fun game, and that is a sweet deal!!

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yes it is,it dosen't suck either if you are an old school DUKE fan. If you aren't don't bother cause you will not get the humour of the game.

I paid 15$ for this at Walmart and felt it was well worth it,although I could have gotten it used at Gamestop for 5$ lol.

Currently working on my insane playthrough I'm stuck on the turret part above the Dukes Burger Joint. This is the hardest difficulty I've come across yet. After that 3 non-DLC achivements to go !

Check out my alternative rock music. If you like it spread the word it would really help me out.

https://soundcloud.com/soundwasteland

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 03-22-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
cirrus2003

CIRRUS2003's Gamercard
For $5 this game is always worth it. If you don't have a lot of time it is good in smaller bursts.
cirrus2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #9
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vHailToTheKingv View Post
I know the game sucks, but I heard the dlc was very entertaining. Any thoughts? Is it even worth $5, or should I just stick with my IQ?
Heck yeah man. I'm only half way through it but an all single player achievement list helps too the game play isn't horrendeous either.

I just picked it up at gamestop for $3.50. So far pretty worth it.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
ALI27727

ALI27727's Gamercard
Same here 3.99 good deal. =p
ALI27727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #11
Monkeyman8900

Monkeyman8900's Gamercard
Gamestop all the way. Theres a girl at the one near me that always gives me the "busted" games. Might have something to do with all the flirting but hey it works right? Got Duke Nukem and 7 other games free.
Monkeyman8900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
IEO500

IEO500's Gamercard
I FRIGGIN' HATE DUKE NUKEM GAMES, but it is alrightyish for less than 5 I guess... feel BAD on the pre orderers.