PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #121
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
I'm lucky to only get game crashes when I'm exiting the game. I now refuse to use "Exit and Save", just in case it would corrupt my gamesave.
Ditto. I only really get freezes when exiting, but sometimes it happens very frequently, like when I'm playing around testing seeds.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #122
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
I'm lucky to only get game crashes when I'm exiting the game. I now refuse to use "Exit and Save", just in case it would corrupt my gamesave. I even go so far as to copy my gamesave over to flash drive, to prevent a total save corruption.
Now that you say that I think most of my crashes do come from "Exit and Save" Although I have had a few when I just save. I'll keep that in mind and start saving and then exiting without saving. Luckily I Do try to save after doing something significant but it always seems to crash when I forget to save for a while :/

EDIT: Just lost ANOTHER hour of work in this damn game. I just finished a minecart track from my house to my soon to be small castle on the mountain across the way. But guess what? I go to save aaaaand CRASH. Again. This shit is pissing me off. I don't understand how a game can crash dso damn often, and i thought Oblivion was bad a few years ago. Jesus Christ.
Achievements-86% Points-84%
70,000 on 3-8-14

Last edited by dragonpwnr99; 05-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #123
SuperJoon

SuperJoon's Gamercard
I've had one crash so far when I was split screening and my friend wanted to show me into the nether portal.... Bad idea....lost everything
Old 05-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #124
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpwnr99 View Post
Now that you say that I think most of my crashes do come from "Exit and Save" Although I have had a few when I just save. I'll keep that in mind and start saving and then exiting without saving. Luckily I Do try to save after doing something significant but it always seems to crash when I forget to save for a while :/

EDIT: Just lost ANOTHER hour of work in this damn game. I just finished a minecart track from my house to my soon to be small castle on the mountain across the way. But guess what? I go to save aaaaand CRASH. Again. This shit is pissing me off. I don't understand how a game can crash dso damn often, and i thought Oblivion was bad a few years ago. Jesus Christ.
That sucks man. I haven't had it crash once on me. I've saved in the Nether, not a problem. Built castles, sandcastles, mountain houses, more rail car tracks then I care to count, and still, not a single crash. Have you tried deleting the game and re-downloading it?

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 AM   #125
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
That sucks man. I haven't had it crash once on me. I've saved in the Nether, not a problem. Built castles, sandcastles, mountain houses, more rail car tracks then I care to count, and still, not a single crash. Have you tried deleting the game and re-downloading it?
I was thinking about trying that. Do i need to back up my saves or will deleting the game not affect the saves? Not really sure as i haven't had problems like this before.
70,000 on 3-8-14
Old 05-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #126
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Quote:
I was thinking about trying that. Do i need to back up my saves or will deleting the game not affect the saves? Not really sure as i haven't had problems like this before.
theyre saved separately on a different section of the HDD so it shouldn't matter but always good to be safe
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:10 AM   #127
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
No deleting the game won't affect your saves. When you go in you'll see the actual game and game saves, delete the game and leave the rest there. You may end up having to start a new world if the crashing won't stop. Your save could be corrupted.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #128
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

That'd be pretty lame, I've saved about 5 times since the last crash so I think its just random and I am getting very unlucky. :/

I'll try to delete the game later to see if that fixes it thanks for the info guys.
70,000 on 3-8-14
Old 06-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #129
TheOneWithBear

Coming from playing a crap load of RPGs, manual save has become an instinct of mine. To be honest, I'd rather the game not have an auto save system (mind you, this is only an opinion, I understand that a lot of people prefer it).

I'm not sure when would be the best time to auto save; I trial-build often, and if it doesn't look great, I exit without saving and start again. If the game auto saved when I was trial building, it would be a great annoyance. Of course, if the game allowed multiple saves in one world, this wouldn't be an issue, but that's not the case.

Say, if the game auto saved when going to bed, but the game mechanics allowed monsters to interrupt your sleep, what then? Would it save or not (it shouldn't, since you technically did not sleep)? The developer would have a give the commend a clear definition. And this would also mean that you'd need a bed to "auto-save," so why not just manual save...

Anyway, I don't really see the good it'd do, since I'm sure there are a lot of people who trial-build like I do.
TheOneWithBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #130
RDrules

personally id like it to have the same system the PC does where its saving constantly, you never loose any work on the PC but at the same time you cant just reload when the something goes wrong which to me is brilliant, the tension of fighting creepers kind of vanishes when you can just reload if it damages anything.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #131
TheOneWithBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
personally id like it to have the same system the PC does where its saving constantly, you never loose any work on the PC but at the same time you cant just reload when the something goes wrong which to me is brilliant, the tension of fighting creepers kind of vanishes when you can just reload if it damages anything.
I agree on the tension part, it's is also why I haven't changed it to Easy and don't reload when my house is blown up (happened a few times, lol)
My focus was only on the building aspect. Since there's no Creative mode on XBox, yet, many things would cost their ingredients, and it's quite a pain if I'm trial building

I didn't know there was already auto save on PC, it's quite curious why it's not incorporated on XBox, then.
TheOneWithBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #132
RDrules

well its not really an auto save its an actual persistent world which im not sure is possible on the xbox

but i think a large part of it is the 360 version seems to baby players through the game alot more than the pc , the tutoral, crafting system and everything just shows this
Old 06-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #133
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
well its not really an auto save its an actual persistent world which im not sure is possible on the xbox

but i think a large part of it is the 360 version seems to baby players through the game alot more than the pc , the tutoral, crafting system and everything just shows this
Well the crafting interface would be welcome on PC, yes it's easy but it beats memorising all the recipes.

Though, i'd kill for quicker scrolling through the hotbar. Mouse wheel is missed when playing.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #134
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Well the crafting interface would be welcome on PC, yes it's easy but it beats memorising all the recipes.

Though, i'd kill for quicker scrolling through the hotbar. Mouse wheel is missed when playing.
id hate it on PC, memorizing the recipes is annoying but knowing everything possible to create from the start is just wrong IMO, some nice middle ground where it only showed you what you could create from what you had and you still had to put it on the grid yourself would be a nice addition though so you could still discover new things but didnt need to keep running to wiki
Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #135
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I had the weirdest thing yesterday, I joined my friends game and for some reason the frame rate was fucked. It was dropping to what looked and felt like 10fps (Having played MC alpha on short/tiny render distance at like 20fps for a while it was obvious). The single player was fine and no it wasn't lag as blocks were breaking fine as per usual.

Never happened before either and is fine now.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #136
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Fuck you Minecraft...I lost 2-3 hours work because of the stupid freezing shit. Saved and quit, and it finished saving and froze before going to main menu. As I was getting off, I didn't mind, and just turned my console off. Loaded it back up now, and it's took me back to my previous save.

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

i NatrlKilla i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #137
ShinraTensei360

ShinraTensei360's Gamercard
not being 1.0.0, my only complaint, but i hope thats coming sonn, i still love the game
ShinraTensei360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #138
Darth Maleval

Darth Maleval's Gamercard
Every time I open the inventory, the game freezes on me. I've read about people having trouble with save & quit, but this is just annoying.

It's happened at least three times in a row. Does anyone thinking that deleting and reloading the game would help?

I only just started so do have a lot of building to worry about yet.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #139
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Maleval View Post
Every time I open the inventory, the game freezes on me. I've read about people having trouble with save & quit, but this is just annoying.

It's happened at least three times in a row. Does anyone thinking that deleting and reloading the game would help?

I only just started so do have a lot of building to worry about yet.
Sounds like its a problem with the save file. Try starting a new world and see if it happens there. Might save you the headache of uninstalling/installing.
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #140
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazynem Makaveli View Post
Yeah wait for Creative mode (it is coming in later updates, hopefully not long) and we will have new plans on what we will be doing. going to be so much fun.
This probably sounds like a stupid question, but why wasn't it already released with the latest version? How come the PC version is so far ahead in updates?
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #141
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
This probably sounds like a stupid question, but why wasn't it already released with the latest version? How come the PC version is so far ahead in updates?
because it took more than a year to develop this game, in that time the pc version has been updated, this is the version the pc was at when they started develpment
Old 06-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #142
TheRussianElite

TheRussianElite's Gamercard
I hate when the game freezes while saving. Happend twice so far and my friends and I lost like an hour of playtime each time.
TheRussianElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #143
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
Because the PC version came first and is the definitive version.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #144
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Random questio.

Some worlds that me and my friends play on give me weird framerate issues, we are somewhat to the edge of the map if that's a factor.

Note that it's not lag.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #145
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Random questio.

Some worlds that me and my friends play on give me weird framerate issues, we are somewhat to the edge of the map if that's a factor.

Note that it's not lag.
are you in a specific biome, i know jungles on pc cause me lot of trouble so say mountains or something could be causing you some
Old 06-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #146
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
are you in a specific biome, i know jungles on pc cause me lot of trouble so say mountains or something could be causing you some
Nope just bog standard desert and plains biomes, I did read on the MCF X360 section that being near the edge of the map does cause frame rate issues for non host players. Moving away from the edge and rejoining works.

Weird, it also makes torches go all fucked as well lol.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #147
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
My epic fail is as follows. Please laugh at my expense. I did.

I have built myself aground floor so far of my house. Wood blocks, planks, stone and cobblestone. Looks nice, so I think. I have done a little bit upstairs so far. But what I really wanted was a basement. So I excavated that under the house to the same dimensions. I then figured I should install a fireplace. So, off I went, gettin Obsidian to create a Nether portal to collect Netherrack. Came back, put the Netherrack in and ignited it. What I didn't think ahead was, I had a wood surround, and ceiling 2 blocks above. Cue, raging fire everywhere. Took out the surround, the ceiling and spread on the ground floor. Took out the entire side wall of my house too. Now I have rebuilt the house, and put in a glass surround.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #148
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
My epic fail is as follows. Please laugh at my expense. I did.

I have built myself aground floor so far of my house. Wood blocks, planks, stone and cobblestone. Looks nice, so I think. I have done a little bit upstairs so far. But what I really wanted was a basement. So I excavated that under the house to the same dimensions. I then figured I should install a fireplace. So, off I went, gettin Obsidian to create a Nether portal to collect Netherrack. Came back, put the Netherrack in and ignited it. What I didn't think ahead was, I had a wood surround, and ceiling 2 blocks above. Cue, raging fire everywhere. Took out the surround, the ceiling and spread on the ground floor. Took out the entire side wall of my house too. Now I have rebuilt the house, and put in a glass surround.
I laughed then realised I've done stupid things with fire too

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #149
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Was a major panic, but managed to subdue the flames. Not as stupid as when I minied straight down on a mates world, and fell into lava. Lost 78 redstone, 25 gold ore, 90 iron ore and 120 coal. Plus my diamond pickaxe, shovel and full diamond armour. Lucky he saved about 10 minutes before.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #150
RDrules

both of them are like rights of passage in minecraft :P