PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War: Judgment
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Do you want new Gears in 2013?
Yes please 50 40.98%
No, too early! 72 59.02%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #1
AMoDo94

Send a message via Skype™ to AMoDo94
Thumbs down Gears of War: Judgment is USELESS!

Do we need new Gears at the moment? I asked myself this question and the answer is (Let me know your answer first please).

I DIDN'T say that the new Gears is disappointed but all I can say that the difference between GOW3 and GOW Judgment is the same as C&C3 Tiberium wars and C&C3 Kane's Wrath?

Beast: Everyone has new ability.
Horde: Scott, Medic, Soldier and Sniper ???

AGAIN: I love GOW Series, am just saying That Epic has to go to develop other games Like Bulletstorm 2 or Unreal Tournament 4 then come back to GOW in 2014 at least.

Last edited by AMoDo94; 06-06-2012 at 07:31 AM.
AMoDo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
HTownBoi

HTownBoi's Gamercard
Slightly disappointed by this game. I love GoW, but I would have been happy without this game and Baird my favorite character and this still sounds bad.

4000th- Bossk, defeat 200 wookies, Force Unleashed
5000th-Just Saying Hi, Farted on every buddy in the game, South Park: TSOT
HTownBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #3
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Imho, Gears 1 and 2 were really good since they did everything right. The multiplayer in 1 was amazing and the story in 2 was great. The 3rd had a disappointing story but all of the new content was enjoyable. 4 player co-op especially, but over all I wasn't too keen on 3. I'm not particularly interested in Judgement but if push comes to shove I'll end up playing it.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Microsoft ran out of exclusive games so they're playing safe by milking a franchise instead of going for a new IP or a new storyline with a new enemy other than the Locust.

I really hate when developers go for prequels with new tech in the story that doesn't make sense with the timeline.

I really would like to see a Bulletstorm 2.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Raziel452369

Raziel452369's Gamercard
I would rather have marcus and dom back in a pendulum war story prequel but I would also rather have a bulletstorm 2 or a new ip first while the single player looks great the MP sounds....not gears I just hope the changes to in my opinion a great mp experiance dont ruin the MP but my hopes are high
Raziel452369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #6
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

I agree. First of all, I think it was a mistake to take familiar characters and make them protagonists. Especially the weaker half of the main four. And I'm not quite sure how the story works, but it looks like you're still fighting Locust? I thought it was fifteen years before they invaded? A Pendulum Wars-set prequel would've been cool, and I think enough people have asked for that that it should happen. It'd be nice if the graphical style went back to that of the first game, but I doubt that'll happen. Really wish they had let the series cool down for awhile. It's not even the abundance of games, really, but this just doesn't sound interesting.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #7
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
I agree its not needed. Buy how do you know its disappointing its just been announced! For all we no it could be the best gears yet. Give it a chance

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
How can you possibly label a game useless after a trailer and a couple of gameplay videos? How is getting a ninth game in the Unreal franchise not worse than a 4th GoW game? I am in no way a GoW fanboy, I thought the stories were good but the MP is a little over rated, but I just don't get why people hate on games that have just been announced when they know little to nothing about it.

At the end of the day maybe it would have been nice to see a new IP but Epic are working on their own new IP, along with the next iteration of the unreal engine, EA flat out said they didn't want Bulletstorm 2 and they own the license as the publisher. So why not tell a fresh story in an established franchise universe? The Pendulum War has been covered in books and comics thoroughly already and while I agree that a game based on Marcus and Carlos' (Dom's big brother) role in the wars would have been a great story to tell I can understand why they didn't rehash it.

I think we should just give People Can Fly a chance and not write off what is only their 3rd original effort just because you don't think enough time has passed between Gears games.

@Bum The game is set 14 years before the 1st GoW, so that puts it after E-day. At the beginning of GoW 1 Marcus had been in jail for 4 years and prior to that he had been fighting the locust for 10 years.

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Last edited by Metabolic XBA; 06-06-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Metabolic XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
DOOKH8R

DOOKH8R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 4   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I would rather see People Can Fly developing Bulletstorm 2, but eh, what are you going to do.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

It wont release until late next year Gears 3 was the end of last year so yes its time, Gears was operating on a 2 year dev cycle but MS needed to push gears by a year thats why it was late.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #11
AMoDo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
I agree its not needed. Buy how do you know its disappointing its just been announced! For all we no it could be the best gears yet. Give it a chance
Sorry but I don't think I said its disappointed am just saying that they have to give it couple years then make new one.

Old 06-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
Wer Bn

Wer Bn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
Microsoft ran out of exclusive games so they're playing safe by milking a franchise instead of going for a new IP or a new storyline with a new enemy other than the Locust.

I really hate when developers go for prequels with new tech in the story that doesn't make sense with the timeline.

I really would like to see a Bulletstorm 2.
Dude, you really said everything!

Milking franchises instead of doing new IPs.
I think Sony's doing much better work in this subject.

I really want new IPs.
New Gears... it's just to early

This generation, M$ just created ONE new sucessful IP: Gears of War. Shameful
Wer Bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Drewdude1023

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
Hypocites......we all know those of you that shout "nay!!" to a new GoW will get super excited about the next CoD.

BTW, this isn't even milking the franchise IMO. It'll be two years after GoW 3 came out. Seems fine to me. Now if CoD could follow that example..

Last edited by Drewdude1023; 06-08-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
It wont release until late next year Gears 3 was the end of last year so yes its time, Gears was operating on a 2 year dev cycle but MS needed to push gears by a year thats why it was late.
late? i heard early next year at E3.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
late? i heard early next year at E3.
1. Gears 3 was late
2. This gears like all the rest wont be out until fall 13
Old 06-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
AMoDo94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
Hypocites......we all know those of you that shout "nay!!" to a new GoW will get super excited about the next CoD.

BTW, this isn't even milking the franchise IMO. It'll be two years after GoW 3 came out. Seems fine to me. Now if CoD could follow that example..
2 years after GOW 3 WTH! First? CoD MW is sucks Second Black ops developers are different from MW developers and new ZOMBIES maps is just a candy lol

Last edited by AMoDo94; 06-11-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
phenixdwn

phenixdwn's Gamercard
People need to stop saying that Gears 1 multiplayer was the best. It had the most problems. The most glitchers, and the most out of map spots in the game that were never fixed.

However I do believe that -

Gears 1 was the most adaptable. Simply because there weren't many weapons you had to acclimate yourself to.

Gears 2 was the most balanced.

Gears 3 is still the most fun (but this is just my opinion.)

I really think that Judgement is just what this series needs. Something new in terms of multiplayer. Gears 3 didn't change the mp aspect at all except for the fact that that majority of people choose their AR's over their gnashers now. But if you know how to play smart then you can still play this game exactly how you would play gears 2.

Don't get me wrong I get frustrated with the retro/sawed off users too. But after using the retro (being that it's my last weapon towards S 3.0) I can at least appreciate that it takes more skill to down someone with than the lancer or hammerburst. Yea it's stronger but you also need to account for recoil and timing.

I just think that it's about time they added something more to this game besides a new weapon to take advantage of.
phenixdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
Metabolic XBA
Run, you clever boy...

Metabolic XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Community and Events Team   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Free Agents - Second Place   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoDo94 View Post
2 years afte HOW 3 WTH! First? CoD MW is sucks Second Black ops developers are different from MW developers and new ZOMBIES maps is just a candy lol
......what does this even say? Did you just pass out on your keyboard?

**Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig**

Metabolic XBA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
xRaW CaRNage x

Send a message via Yahoo to xRaW CaRNage x Send a message via Skype™ to xRaW CaRNage x

xRaw Carnage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I think its good idea also. I've played Gears of War titles religiously since Gears1. I think it'll be a nice change(hopefully) to have pcf put a twist in it. I have read the gameinformer mag with gears judgment in it, and know where it states that standard multiplayer will be in the game. Has anyone heard, read w/e that there will be the normal MP that has been in all gears?
xRaW CaRNage x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #20
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'll wait to see more of it. Too early for me to say yea or nay.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I welcome it. Like an expansion pack
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
fohf

fohf's Gamercard
Yeah, exactly like an expansion pack. A full priced expansion pack. Nothing like being tricked into buying a lot of the same content at the full price.
fohf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #23
Onyok

Epic....

...Failure!

esp if they happen to include Seriously 4.0!

Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #24
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

Besides this game won't be completely useless, like all games the case should be tough enough to hit your little sister on the head with.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
Gears 3 came out in September 2011 (delayed from April), and this is coming out early 2013... I don't see how that's too soon.

Also, the biggest misconception that most people get is exactly what the OP said; he compared Beast and Horde to Overrun. Overrun is NEITHER, is something completely "new" like a take on DotA or you could even say L4D MP. (Maybe even a little TF2.)

Also, Epic has confirmed that their will be regular Versus for all you guys that have trouble seeing yourself playing this competitively or for the next few years.

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #26
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
[QUOTE=Hagane;5131732]Gears 3 came out in September 2011 (delayed from April), and this is coming out early 2013... I don't see how that's too soon.

compared to the other gears games it is very soon. gears 1 came out 2006 then gears 2 came out 2008, thats 2 years. then gears 3 came out 2011, now thats 3 years, and now gowj comes out early 2013, thats only a year and a half so u do the match its too soon. They should atleast put it like nov 2013 that would be better, cuz it gives them more time to polish and make the finishing touches but i fear their may be some glitches in the game but they might delay it so u never know.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #27
Hagane

Haganeh's Gamercard
[quote=Darkforce412;5131763]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagane View Post
Gears 3 came out in September 2011 (delayed from April), and this is coming out early 2013... I don't see how that's too soon.

compared to the other gears games it is very soon. gears 1 came out 2006 then gears 2 came out 2008, thats 2 years. then gears 3 came out 2011, now thats 3 years, and now gowj comes out early 2013, thats only a year and a half so u do the match its too soon. They should atleast put it like nov 2013 that would be better, cuz it gives them more time to polish and make the finishing touches but i fear their may be some glitches in the game but they might delay it so u never know.
Not if you're counting the original release slate. (lol)

Also, you've got to realize that this is a pretty crucial time for the 360; Epic is trying to put out one last quality game before everyone focuses attention to a new console. (I personally think it would've been a bit smarter to launch a new console with a Gears game, but at this point "Who Knows?")

Also take into account that Epic is mainly working on the MP aspect and with direction of creativity- there is hefty involvement from People Can Fly in this game. So I'm thinking it's possible to get a quality game out in the this time frame with two studios cooperating with each other (Then again... look at MW3...)

Glitch-wise Gears 3 was the cleanest of the franchise too, so I wouldn;t worry so much about that aspect xD (Gears 1 is still plagued by them, and Gears 2 was a train-wreck of glitches at launch... but Gears 3 has always been pretty smooth when it came to them.)

Opinions are meant to be respected, but also scrutinized.
Hagane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #28
PLaSmA T4rt

PLaSmA T4rT's Gamercard
they should work on it longer for a better game and have to bullshit like the other games
PLaSmA T4rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #29
xOverLorDx

Io OV3RL0RD oI's Gamercard
looks like gears of war judgment will be released in early February next year as shopto have a date 8-2-2013?
xOverLorDx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
xTheGameHunterx

xTheGameHunterx's Gamercard
It is too early, but it sounds awesome! In my opinion, will give it some years on it so they can not only go "Gold", but "Onyx"!!
xTheGameHunterx is offline   Reply With Quote