PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Alvin & The Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Of cass

Send a message via AIM to Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Achievement Guide and Roadmap (Complete)

Road Map

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 1.5/10 for 800. 3+/10 for 1000.
-Offline: 50 (1000)
-Online: 0
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 4+ Hours (depending on performance)
-Playthroughs Required: 1+ (Song Selection)
-Missable/ Glitched achievements: 0
-Extra equipment needed? Yes. Kinect Sensor required. 2nd Human NOT required.

Introduction:
Welcome to Alvin and the Chipmunks – Chipwrecked! This is a very quick 700g and a still quick 1000g Kinect game! Overall it’s a relatively fun and easygoing dance game, with popular/classic American songs…albeit altered a tad chipmunk style.

It's a 3 difficulty for 1000g's mainly because of recognition issues from the Kinect, especially when it comes to motion detection in the faster songs. (Surfin' Safari took me a whole hour)
Also note that this game lacks a practice mode where the game slows down for you to adjust to the moves. The game is so short this hardly makes a major dent, but does become an annoyance when you don't know why you can't 5-star those last few songs.

All the achievements are straightforward, and for 100% you simply need to: do a coop round (solo or w/ a friend), play all the songs, buy everything with the points you earned, then go back to rinse by 5-Starring whichever songs you didn’t on your initial playthrough. The quick 700 points is from everything minus buying all accessories and 5-starring all songs, which will make up the bulk of your playthrough if your sensor isn't very generous with your movements.

Achievements have been organized in the order you'll likely get them.

Everyone grab a partner! - 100 points
Dancing by yourself is good, dancing with a partner is better! Complete a song in Coop mode!

This should be the first achievement that you should knock off right from the main menu. Ignore the description if you don’t have a partner, the game can’t tell; just don’t move when it asks you to swap. I’m also not sure if it’s possible to fail the dance as the co-op mode does not require you to 5-Star it. I just ate an orange while attempting to move to the first song on the list and got 3-Stars and the achievement.

It went a little like this... - 100 points
Come along for the ride and complete a song in Story mode

Just complete the first song in story mode.

A perfect performance - 100 points
No one is as good as you. Get 5 Stars in a single song

Self explanatory, you’ll likely get this from the first song you try. If not, then through natural story progression.

Go Nuts! - 100 points
Solo mode is the time to go crazy! Go nuts and get the best score!

This is similar to Dance Central’s Freestyle mode, it is a duration in which you simply do whatever you wish and look like a child. The meter builds up based on variation in wide motions. I just did squats with high jumps since I usually use them in my workouts. As long as your motions are wide and varying (not necessarily fast), the meter will quickly build up.

Jumping jacks, rock climbers, and windmills all work particularly well. Feel free to alter or switch between them if you notice the meter slowing down.

You will likely get this on your first song or through story progression.

Power Performer - 100 points
Show off your smooth moves and get 4 Munkpowers in the same song!

Munkpowers build ONLY when a perfect move is performed. Only one munkpower is built up at any given time (and used automatically), so you’ll likely nab this while trying to 5-Star all songs.

A Blue checkmark represents a Perfect move.
A Green checkmark represents a Good move.
A Yellow checkmark represents an Acceptable move.
No checkmark obviously means you missed it.

A great place to get this would be the song "Love Shack", where it's really easy to get every move flawlessly, I got over 10 munkpowers here!

The Whole Story - 100 points
Get to know the full story and complete Story mode

Just complete the story. You don’t necessarily have to play every song for story progression, just 4 out of 5 in each section to unlock the next.

In fact, if you’re just going for 700 points just choose any song and go afk, you’ll get 0 stars but it still counts as progression!

Big Spender - 100 points
Make sure your Chipmunk looks stylish and buy up all the items for it!

Just buy all the available items under customization for the chipmunk you began with using the stars you’ve earned as currency.

Patron of the Arts - 100 points
C'mon! Spend those Stars and buy up all the items for all the Chipmunks!

The same as Big Spender except you need to buy all customizable items for all 6 chipmunks.

Simply the Best - 200 points
You are the absolute best. Only one way to prove it: get 5 Stars in all songs!

This will likely be the annoying last achievement you nab. Requires you to 5-Star every song in the game. Depending on your style, some songs will be a breeze while others may seem broken.
Despite how lenient this game is towards moves, there are a few issues in 5-Starring all songs. Here’s some advice to help out:

Always try to get the Blue Checkmark (perfect rating) for each of your moves. They count significantly more than any other rating and will give you munkpowers which can quickly bulk up your stars. As an example, for a few songs I just got all perfect ratings in only 1/3 of the song and hit 5-stars. I then took a nap until the song finished.
• Faster songs have some registration issues when it comes to moves. The ones that give you trouble when you’re trying to 5-star I recommend you get familiar with the moves and start the sequence just before the game does.
• Unlike its colleagues, Chipwrecked still gives you a perfect rating if you get at least half of a move flawlessly. This means you don’t need to smoothly transition between all moves, you can awkwardly jump in half way through one move as long as every part of that move is on par.
• Most Kinect games will experience issues if your space is too limited, the problem is simply that limited space hinders a player’s ability to move openly for the motion camera to detect. Make sure your sensor gets calibrated each time you move it or change your environment.
• Pay close attention to the main chipmunk, (s)he will be your guide when the game is not detecting a certain move correctly. However, also pay attention to the support chipmunks when you score a Munkpower! since they will give you a headsup on the next move.
• If you still think you’re doing it right but the game doesn’t think so; Stop, Rethink, Retry. Remember that you’re trying to impress the detection system, not yourself, your lover or The Jabbawockeez. It does not matter how awkward you look as long as the game thinks it’s good.

Congratulations on 100%’ing another quick (occasionally frustrating) game!

Changelog:
4/27/12 - Did some housekeeping w/ grammar and changes.
4/23/12 - Changed difficulty to 3 because of "Surfin' Safari".
4/22/12 - Version 1.0

Last edited by Of cass; 04-30-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Of cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
-Extra Space-

Last edited by Of cass; 04-28-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice stuff, keep the etxtra post, never know when you might want/need to add stuff and it overflows

Got this game arriving tomoz so will be interesting to see how easy the 1k is

Edit: Bah, just noticed teh coop cheev, that sucks. I'll be hiding offline while playing this lol dont think inviting a friend around is on the cards, unless i am reallllllllly drunk :P
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 04-27-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:01 AM   #4
Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerchronic View Post
Bah, just noticed teh coop cheev, that sucks.

The co-op cheevo can be done solo. just don't move when it asks you to switch out

and Don't worry. you're not alone. half of my friends messaged me when they noticed me playing this game.

Last edited by Of cass; 04-28-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
conquerator2

Well I think this game is fun. If you are not a smooth dancer, this game might help you to learn how to dance in the rhythm and improve your dancing skills. I personally thought this game will be bad and easy, but the tracking is solid and whenever I got yellow, I noticed I was doing something wrong or out of thythm. Just make sure you are in a well lit environment as when evening approaches, kinect will start having trouble with your recognition. Overall, if you ignore the non-existent story, its an ok dancing game. Most of the songs are likeable. Just some of them will take a few tries, which is natural :-)
conquerator2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #6
takuto neko

Send a message via AIM to takuto neko

takuto neko's Gamercard
Thanks very much for this guide It's been helpful....I will say having a small room will prove to be a problem. Even though the Chipmunks themselves don't really move a whole lot in terms of all over the screen but I seems like the Kinect expects you too.

Honestly, I don't mind the game and would probably enjoy it more if my room was bigger.
takuto neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
Of cass

of CASS's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by takuto neko View Post

Honestly, I don't mind the game and would probably enjoy it more if my room was bigger.
Ya. I had to force the kinect to work by piling my Beats case on top of my college books in order to create a position where my kinect that actually see my feet.

Just rememeber the K-system mostly "tries" to detect your skeletal system. If the motion camera is have issues seeing your layout, you're gonna have to find a way to make sure it can at least see your overall structure.

Also, wear tight clothing. Baggy clothes make it horrible for the sensor to notice anything
Old 06-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
Pteppic

Pteppic42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Any tips for "Turn The Beat Around"? That's the last song I need to finish this game. I can get 4 stars nearly every time but 4 1/4 was the maximum.
On three different moves I get a blue checkmark all the time but I have no idea how to get it on the rest (the first one for example).
Old 06-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Of cass View Post
Ya. I had to force the kinect to work by piling my Beats case on top of my college books in order to create a position where my kinect that actually see my feet.

Just rememeber the K-system mostly "tries" to detect your skeletal system. If the motion camera is have issues seeing your layout, you're gonna have to find a way to make sure it can at least see your overall structure.

Also, wear tight clothing. Baggy clothes make it horrible for the sensor to notice anything

Thanks for the tip. I couldn't understand why I was doing good on some songs and not so good on others that had pretty much the same dance moves.