Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
Want to clarify before I start..

So I'm thinking of starting up Borderlands.. thing is it will be on my new gamertag which is a 100% completion tag.. so if I start this badboy I will be going for 1750/1750..

By the looks of it if I have two Xbox Live enabled gamertag's I should be able to do the co-op stuff spiltscreen on my own correct?? I'm not big into playing with other people online, and doing some reading it sounds like joining other people's games can screw up the levelling of the enemies.. So yeah thats my main question, will I be able to get all achievements on my own??

Another concern is Crawmerax solo.. Ive done some research and most people are saying Lilith is the best character for a solo battle.. any input here would be appreciated.. In my head I will be saving this DLC for last and waiting until I'm high level..
jedi420j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I did the co-op achievements on my own with two controllers. So that shouldnt be an issue for you. Crawmerax & Moxxxi DLC might be a problem for you solo. You might want to try to get a modded gun and/or shield for those. Also, the Claptrap DLC has a ton of collectibles, some of those rarely drop--- look up the method people used to "farm" the items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Last edited by HugTheBear; 06-11-2012 at 04:25 AM.
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
Ok, thanks for the response.. yeah that Claptrap collection stuff sounded a bit painful as well.. still on the fence, maybe I will just wait for Borderlands 2..

As far as Cramerax goes, my plan would be to level up a character as far as possible (2 playthroughs) and then do a quick 'first playthrough' run of that DLC.. that should make him easier no??
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #4
thm241

Tinkham11's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420j View Post
As far as Cramerax goes, my plan would be to level up a character as far as possible (2 playthroughs) and then do a quick 'first playthrough' run of that DLC.. that should make him easier no??
No I believe even on playthrough one he is still lv 69. When I went through that DLC with some people recently on playthrough 1 we went to face him and he was lv 69 while we were mid 40s.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
Ok thx for the heads-up.. I guess I could just join up with a few people to knock out that achievement too if I can't do it solo after a few tries..
Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
When I was playing BL a lot, I used to kill Crawmerax solo just for fun. Ive probably done it 30+ times. And about half that many times for friends. No I don't have modded weapons. Yes I used the glitch corner.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
HugTheBear

FuzzyDonkeyLegs's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi420j View Post
Ok, thanks for the response.. yeah that Claptrap collection stuff sounded a bit painful as well.. still on the fence, maybe I will just wait for Borderlands 2..

He's hard no matter how high of a level you get to. It's doable. I did it once, but I thought either my hair was going to turn grey or fall out. I would suggest you play the game though. It's worth the experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
HugTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #8
Jakethemuss

Thepercenter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
When I was playing BL a lot, I used to kill Crawmerax solo just for fun. Ive probably done it 30+ times. And about half that many times for friends. No I don't have modded weapons. Yes I used the glitch corner.
Killing Craw for me was easy just took forever (used corner glitch thanx youtube). I found that when it faced away from me and there were no more 'weak spots' to shoot I had to use a rocket launcher I had where the rockets acted more like mortars in that they started descent way early. I used this to shoot over it and kept trying different angles til I saw some critical displays on the screen. I also had an ammo regen class mod which came damn handy.

Several of the claptrap collectable chevos and Underdome chevos are still yet to be done. The sheer amount of time needed is putting me off, especially seeing as you can't save atall and have to do the underdome arenas in one go.

Currently looking to boost; Condemned 2, Crackdown co-op

Info for potential multiplayer pals; I am a UK brah so go by 'GMT'
Jakethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
CHIRUNO99

chiruno99's Gamercard

You'll need to get the viral achievement form other people unless you already have it.

Other than that it's pretty easy to be able to do on your own, unless you get a friend to play as your second player, or try to set up a group on the site and get 3 others to help you starting form the same level and going together.

The levelling is weird since it's usually based on the host's level, so any joining players who are too far under get slaughtered and anyone over makes it a cake walk, of course you could put money on it that someone will be using a game save or a modded character.

As for collectibles, walkthroughs are your friend.

Damn I'm so depressed.
CHIRUNO99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
jedi420j

jedi420j's Gamercard
Thanx for the input everyone, much appreciated.. thing is I've played this already on my other account so it's not like I haven't experienced the awesomeness of Borderlands.. the only problem is I think by wanting to complete it 100% it may destroy the love I have for this game lol.. I'm gonna check if there an achievement list for BL2..

The thought of leaving my 360 running for 8 hours straight just to try to get a random drop of loot doesn't seem very enjoyable to me..