PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Arcania: Gothic 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #1
Park Diesel

park diesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
1000 GS- Possible or not?

Gamefly just mailed this game to me and I don't see a definitive answer anywhere so I'll just ask. If I follow the achievement guide description for the "Master Chef" achievement, will I be able to acquire it?

Is the achievement glitched (unobtainable) or just glitchy (needs certain things to be done at certain times)? I am a completionist, so I will not start the game without knowing.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this for me.

EDIT- Well I've decided to send the game back to Gamefly without playing it due to potentially unobtainable achievements. I know this board doesn't get a lot of traffic but if you know the answer, please post it anyway. It may help someone in the same situation. Thanks.

Last edited by Park Diesel; 06-25-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Park Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
geckotamer

Geckotamer's Gamercard
No, It's not possible, 2 of the achievements are glitched, thats why I sent mine back
Old 02-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Headless Snip3r

Headless Snip3r's Gamercard
Thanks for the heads up. Heading back now, and will never be played. Dang, really had high hopes for this game
Headless Snip3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
R3ap3r Smurf

R3ap3r Smurf's Gamercard
you can only get 950/1000

great game though. Don't talk yourself out of playing this game over a glitched 50g. If you get all achievements except glitched/unattainable achievements then you should consider the game complete.
R3ap3r Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
Natz

Send a message via MSN to Natz

NatzTheNutter's Gamercard
Why buy a game just for achievments?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
a 6roken sword

A 6roken sword's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natz View Post
Why buy a game just for achievments?
OCD perhaps? Not hating, I suffer from it too.
a 6roken sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
MikeRo

Send a message via ICQ to MikeRo Send a message via MSN to MikeRo Send a message via Skype™ to MikeRo

Konung l's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not obtainable, and never gonna be.
The publisher (JoWood) is a bankrupt, Gothic series is a walking dead.
I assume this thread should be closed.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #8
trymemf

L22 Furious's Gamercard
Does anyone have any new info? I really like this game but id like to know if i can get the 1000g or not. Any info is appreciated, thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
dAFKave813

dAFKave813's Gamercard
I like grinding out achievements and completing games just as much as the next person, but really to pass on a game must because you can't get the full amount of gamerscore is just plain absurd. Were you a gamer prior to the 360/ps3 generation? Remember when people played games for fun and not for a chore?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #10
VforVendetta

VforVendettaXBL's Gamercard
I agree that you shouldn't discard a game just because of a missing achievement or two.
Buuuut, I also can see why you'd want every achievement, for those completionists out there.
Heck, sometimes I borrow games just to get the achievements. Granted, the game has to be fun too.

Anyway, I'm sorry if it's glitchy. :S Honestly, I haven't even played this game yet.
VforVendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
lethalerror

lethelerror's Gamercard
brilliant game id recommend it. has anyone heard if very will fix the achievements? id love an excuse to dig it out again

lethalerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #12
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalerror View Post
brilliant game id recommend it. has anyone heard if very will fix the achievements? id love an excuse to dig it out again
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalerror View Post
so is there any news on this will it definatly be released and will the ahcievments have a different list or stack and will htey fix the previous edition. i loved the game and would like to 1000g it. also any chance of dlc?
Nope, all we know is the Game is coming out May 28th... i don't think this Game will get a New Achievement List and to be Honest i don't care.. I just hope they will Fix the Unatainable Achievement so People can finally complete this Game..some DLC Achievements would be nice 2.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #13
amkage

Amkage's Gamercard
How this guy (blandmr) get the ''Master chef'' achievement if it's unobtainable ? And also, why he didn't get the ''Geek'' achievement that is related about getting all the others acheivements?
amkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
Darth Villainous

DarthVillainous's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkage View Post
How this guy (blandmr) get the ''Master chef'' achievement if it's unobtainable ? And also, why he didn't get the ''Geek'' achievement that is related about getting all the others acheivements?
Hacking his game save, that's how. Notice how there's no timestamp on his achievements. Means they were done offline, and you couple that with having an achievement known to be unobtainable, and there's only one possible way he got it...

Currently boosting: Battlefield Bad Co., Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Riddick, Saints Row, Resident Evil 5-6, SSF4, & Unreal 3.
Darth Villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #15
Rage66

x Inflames80 x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Villainous View Post
Hacking his game save, that's how. Notice how there's no timestamp on his achievements. Means they were done offline, and you couple that with having an achievement known to be unobtainable, and there's only one possible way he got it...
You know i don't say you're wrong but as long as you can't proof he cheated don't frame him... a good example is War of the Worlds the " Real Arthur Clarke " Achievement was known to be glitched but... one guy found out if you DELETE your save file before you start a New Game and Complete the Game without Dying the Achievement pops . I mean if he Hacked the Achievement why in the World didn't he cheat the Achievement for getting all the Achievements as well??? maybe he just found a workaround without knowing it?

Last edited by Rage66; 07-21-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Rage66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #16
The Carrot Cake Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage66 View Post
You know i don't say you're wrong but as long as you can't proof he cheated don't frame him... a good example is War of the Worlds the " Real Arthur Clarke " Achievement was known to be glitched but... one guy found out if you DELETE your save file before you start a New Game and Complete the Game without Dying the Achievement pops . I mean if he Hacked the Achievement why in the World didn't he cheat the Achievement for getting all the Achievements as well??? maybe he just found a workaround without knowing it?
All the typical indicators of a hacked achievement are there, don't be naive.
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #17
amkage

Amkage's Gamercard
With the new expansion they just release last 23/08/2013 on xbox, do you thing they are gonna unglitched the achievement Master Chef with a update?
Old 10-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
amkage

Amkage's Gamercard
Any news about the update from the DLC ? Still unobtainable?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
There is absolutely no reason to play this game on the 360 if you also own a PS3. The PS3 version comes with the DLC expansion and can be completed fully. With the DLC also out for the 360 (which you have to pay extra for by the way) there's pretty much a 0% chance that the two unobtainable achievements will ever be patched and fixed. Completionists should avoid this one, at least on the 360.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:18 PM   #20
xDante1986

New xDante1986's Gamercard
ok right now even completed version available on xbox...did anybody try to finish it? It helped on ps3 to get it fully and I wanna know if itīs same on xbox360? If yes I wanna start to play that one.