Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Prototype 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Exclamation Should I play the First One

As title mentions, Should I play the First One before it?

Or it doesn't matter, I saw the first one very cheap today and normally I hate to jump in late sequels as I prefer to know storyline from start BUT I've heard that Prototype 1's storyline was terrible and it doesn't matter, if one picks from second.

I've seen every trailer so know who was Alex Mercer and what he did, so plz give opinion guys
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
If you want to then go for it ! . But if you don't, the second one has a 5 min video on what happens in the first game in the main menu.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
DOA_Rose

doarose's Gamercard
I got stuck in the 1st game ( 9 missions from the end ) and the story hardly makes sense. It's also one of the most frustrating bulllshitty games I have ever played. Free Roam can be fun, but the missions feel like the devs are trolling us. And I'm on easy ffs...
Old 05-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Defo buy it is brilliant and its cheap. It is a bit to easy tho. Guy above me probably sucks. However its alot harder than number 2. Did hard mode on 3 hours yesterday for my final achievement.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
judd90

Judd90's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
First one was kickass I would say yes definitely play it first.

Check out my YouTube Channel: JuddTube
judd90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #6
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Thanks guys, I just got it yesterday, I'm gonna start playing it once the dust settles (meaning the games I'm playing ends)

Once again Thanks for support
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #7
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I dont think it really matters if there is a video on the second one telling you what happens. I never beat the first one and im playing the second right now. I didnt know about the video, Ill have to watch it.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #8
resevil239

You probably won't check this again, but for future visitors: the first game had an AWESOME story, its just that it was hidden in the memories of the people that appear marked for you to consume (they are a collectable, just like those in P2, except they actually give a story instead of unlocking blacknet missions).

I'm a bit into the red zone (3rd section) of the game, and have gotten almost all of the collectables (and thus upgrades) and I have to say that everything about Prototype 1 is superior. Definitaly play 1 first if you are interested in 2.
resevil239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
Absolutely! Altho P2 has a quick "What happened before" montage, playing the first one definately gives you a better idea of what actually happened.

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #10
Angry Tripod

Angry Tripod's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
the story in the first one was pretty good, if you consumed all the people. kinda plays like a guy richie movie

Sig: Rajeanero
Survival Horror Enthusiast
Angry Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I had the first one...I got it free and I hated it. I ended up giving it to a friend. BUt that's me. Someone else may like it.

Personally, the few times I went to the second game in a series, I don't think I was lost without playing the first one.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #12
Odessa

xXOdessaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by resevil239 View Post
You probably won't check this again, but for future visitors: the first game had an AWESOME story, its just that it was hidden in the memories of the people that appear marked for you to consume (they are a collectable, just like those in P2, except they actually give a story instead of unlocking blacknet missions).

I'm a bit into the red zone (3rd section) of the game, and have gotten almost all of the collectables (and thus upgrades) and I have to say that everything about Prototype 1 is superior. Definitaly play 1 first if you are interested in 2.
I completely agree. I literally just started this game but can say hands down that the first one is a favorite for the storyline, character development and enjoyment. I never 1K'd it (got stuck on the platunum challenges and tossed my hands up). I still may go back to finish the Hard play through.

I am suggesting it more for the game than the background though, as the first part has already given the basic back story.

Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain View Post
I had the first one...I got it free and I hated it. I ended up giving it to a friend. BUt that's me. Someone else may like it.

Personally, the few times I went to the second game in a series, I don't think I was lost without playing the first one.
I'm with you, I hated the first one. I think I liked it better when it was called Spiderman: Web of Shadows. The second one is good though. No need to play through the first.

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #14
Captainlego24

No, although it would provide a bit of helpful backstory, there is no need to trudge through the original. The game has a short video near the beginning that summarizes the events of the last game so you won't be left in the wind, and after a few hours in, you pretty much have got the story down pretty well. Also, be aware that even though prototype 2 is a great game, thats just my opinion speaking. On most game sites it got a 7 out of 10, so it has it's flaws but unless your super picky about things like that than you should have no problem enjoying it.
Captainlego24 is offline   Reply With Quote