Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Vanquish
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
mr wong tong

mr wong tong's Gamercard
Have YOU beat challenge six?

Hey guys i had managed to beat the mammoth challenge 6 after roughly twenty hours of training on that stage alone and i felt a god damn king becoming 35th in the world leaderboard i was so damn proud. so i checked out this boards leaderboards and saw only 2 peaple with the 1000g and was curious to see if there was more? i mean i know that the challenge is one of the mightiest you will face in a long time (hell there was only about 1000 peaple on the leaderboard that beat it) but this board is full of the best achievement hunters around so i know theres more out there. thank you for your time.
mr wong tong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, i completed Vanquish 01/11/2010. I'm just not on the leaderboards.

I came in as number 64 on challenge 6.

It feels good to beat the challenge, because it takes concentration.

Last edited by Vindicator51; 02-21-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Vindicator51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
iii engy iii

iii engy iii's Gamercard
hey i have 970 gs and beaten the 6th challenge 2day, but how do i enter the leaderboards ?
iii engy iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
tbassett

PeterGriffin66's Gamercard
I beat challenge 6 yesterday. The game is pure speed. Challenge 6 shows how awesome the game is. Very proud of completing it. Finding all the Panglass statues was a pain in the nuts however
tbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #5
Nocuous Penguin

Nocuous Penguin's Gamercard
That damn challenge was probably the hardest achievement I've gone for. It took me a good number of hours and tries before I did it, and I was literally shaking when I completed it. I was in the top 100 when I completed it, but just checking now and I'm 144 - 18:48.12.
Nocuous Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
demi

I was first in the US to be placed on the leaderboard for Challenge 6 - posted a pic on here to prove it in another thread.

Dunno what place I am, if anyone wants to check for me:

GT: Demifish
demi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 02:46 AM   #7
Past Gen Hero

Triad Thunder's Gamercard
I just beat it 10 minutes ago. What a rush! Everyone is correct about how it feels afterward. My hands are still shaking, and I feel like I can do ANY achievement now, no matter how hard it is! I'm not the best gamer, either, so if I can do it, anyone can.
Past Gen Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
G00PS

G00PS's Gamercard
Talking

I had this game the day it came out and im STILL, yes, STILL! trying to beat this, get to the last guys and I just cant kill them fast enough, not enough cover for me!
Real time consuming fighting all the waves to get back to the 2 Boss guys.

Havent restarted a game so many times scince CoD:WaW on veteran. Its good to see that it can actually be obtained, trust me I had my doubts.
G00PS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:56 AM   #9
UnlimitedHail

UnlimitedHail's Gamercard
Just beat it today, guessing I've spent 7-9 hours on this challenge alone. I've gotten close to finish it a few times, was on the last Bogey but then he'd catch me with one of those big purple beam shots, knocking me into auto-ARS & as I didn't have enough, he'd get me with a regular shot. Either that or the massive chasm-cutting laser blast they do.

Regardless it's over & I never want to do it again. I actually should've played the lottery but stores are closed now & there's always tomorrow.
UnlimitedHail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
I CR0W I

I CR0W I's Gamercard
If you beat the game on God Hard first, challenge 6 don't mean a thang.
DORITOS DASH OF DESTRUCTION

I AM GR8 @ GAEMS
I CR0W I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
I've gotten to wave 3 once. Should I just give up?

So I have seen wave 3 twice. Fuck these developers. I should never need the abilities of a 10-year-old Asian kid to earn an achievement. Back to something with replay value and a story...

Last edited by CIF; 05-14-2012 at 10:52 PM.
CIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #12
WaKK0r

Wakk0r's Gamercard
Bought the game immediately on release day and played it quite some time. Tactical Challenges 1 - 5 were quite challenging but 6... well, it made me rage and feel damn hopeless like not so many games before... So i came to the point where i said FUCK IT TC 6 CANT BE DONE. At that time only a handful people had completed this game and there was only 1 video of an asian guy who beat it(and he got pretty lucky @ wave 5...).

I gave up.

...Now, over a year later, i think i can do that shit. It will take some time to get a feel of the game again but THIS TIME i won't retreat... Starting tomorrow or maybe a bit later.

Wish me luck guys.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #13
F Swan

Ferocious Swan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaKK0r View Post
Bought the game immediately on release day and played it quite some time. Tactical Challenges 1 - 5 were quite challenging but 6... well, it made me rage and feel damn hopeless like not so many games before... So i came to the point where i said FUCK IT TC 6 CANT BE DONE. At that time only a handful people had completed this game and there was only 1 video of an asian guy who beat it(and he got pretty lucky @ wave 5...).

I gave up.

...Now, over a year later, i think i can do that shit. It will take some time to get a feel of the game again but THIS TIME i won't retreat... Starting tomorrow or maybe a bit later.

Wish me luck guys.
I got through the first 5 challenges in a day, and tried 6 for a few days and got extremely angry! I left it for about 6 months, came back and knocked it out in a week, the break helped me out.
So it could work for you!

Good luck!
F Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #14
WaKK0r

Wakk0r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by F Swan View Post
I got through the first 5 challenges in a day, and tried 6 for a few days and got extremely angry! I left it for about 6 months, came back and knocked it out in a week, the break helped me out.
So it could work for you!

Good luck!
Wow, congratz dude! Coming back after such a long break and nailing it in a week... impressive.=)
Well, i didn't start trying again yet... Other games kept me busy... >_> But i will eventually come back to it in the next few weeks. I hope your luck helps then!
Btw any super secret tips or hints you got for me?^_^
Old 06-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #15
xxDAMRONxx

xxDAMRONxx's Gamercard
Its honestly not that hard if you know what to do; I developed a very solid strategy to get to wave 5 consistently:

Wave 1: immediately walk up and go into action response mode and use your machine gun on the viper until you almost run out of time (you never want to run your gauge empty). Then walk back and he should rush you...hit to knock him down and put half a clip of your machine gun into him and hit reload, jump back and go into action mode again..lay down fire on viper until your gauge almost runs out again. He should be almost dead now. when he charges again hit and repeat the above process. DO NOT PICK UP THE UPGRADE HE DROPS Then finish off all the little guys with your assault rifle.

Wave 2: go to the center circle area with the statue and throw a grenade where the bogey comes out, you must time it right but it will knock 1/4 of his health off. He should get knocked to the side and you should activate your action response mode and lay as much machine gun fire into him as you can (you should have around 100 shots left after the viper in round 1, but do not pick up any more machine gun ammo). Exit the mode when your gauge is almost empty and boost dodge around behind the statue until both sets of flying bots spawn. Throw an EMP and this should kill all the flyers. Now boost dodge around until you get good position to take shots on bogey and enter AR mode to lay into him with the machine gun until he is dead. Before you finish off the smaller guys make sure you have a disk launcher, LFE gun, and assault rifle for next round.

Wave 3: From where you spawn there is some cover that goes up the stairs to the right behind some rubble...go there. when the spawns come throw a grenade where the 5 infantry RI come from and blow them up. When the bigger fellas start spawning in, first enter AR mode and shoot a disk launcher at the rocket launcher RI and immediately go behind the cover. Come out almost just as fast and enter AR mode and shoot the flamethrower RI in the gas tank with your assault rifle until it explodes. Go back into cover. Come right back out with your disk launcher in AR mode and shoot the disk at each of the big RI's heads. You should now have all them decapitated and they will wander around and shoot aimlessly and in random directions. Just stay in cover and they will eventually fall over and die from having no head. BEFORE the next round starts make sure you have EMP grenades full, assault rifle, LFE gun, AND THE ROCKET LAUNCHER one of the larger RI drops.

Wave 4: Stay near the cover from the previous wave and when the spawns are about half way in throw and EMP to the spawns near the statue. Turn around and enter AR mode before the blue flying RI spawn and when the spawn shoot a rocket at their feet to destroy all four of them. Immediately slide to where you threw the EMP and use the next rocket to take out the other set of blue flyers while they are EMP'ed. boost dodge back a bit and shoot one shot of your LFE at the sphere RI's (one shot with the LFE on the spheres will kill them). By the time the flying turret should be comming up from the right side behind the cliff...take your rocket launcher out and fire your last shot at him. Boost dodge and use the LFE to take out the remaining spheres and then go into AR mode and eliminate the last flying turret with your assault rifle. Now you can relax. Go get the upgrade from round one for your rocket launcher to replenish your ammo. Refill your LFE to max with the second LFE. Now just boost dodge around and take your time eliminating the scorpion RI's with your assault rifle. Before you kill the last one, you should have for the next round a couple EMPs, rocket launcher full, full LFE, and a full machine gun.

Wave 5: Again start near the cover mentioned in wave 3. When the spawns come in throw and EMP to the point up the stairs where you start the challenge. Then go into AR mode to take out the 3 spheres that spawn in front of you with one LFE shot. Boost dodge to the EMP'ed spheres and hit them with one LFE shot. Boost dodge around and eliminate the three remaining spheres with your LFE. All that should be left is the bogeys now. Pull out your rocket launcher and keep boost dodging around until you get an opportunity to go into AR mode and fire a rocket at one of them. Whichever one you pick...stay with that one...it is important to take one out as fast as possible. Make sure you boost dodge away anytime they throw the weapons that overheat your suit....if you get overheated you are likely screwed but throwing your last EMP should save you once. Boost dodge around and land 3 rockets on the same bogey. Exchange your rocket launcher and get the lock-on-laser. Boost dodge around and use it only in AR mode on the same bogey. You should be able to take him out this way. Once you get the first one down...it is simple...take your time...boost dodge around enter AR mode and hit him with the lock-on or machine gun

Wave 6:
Old 07-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
R34L91

R34Li57iC 91's Gamercard
I Just did it a second ago! WOOOW I am soooooooooo happy , tried it for 3 days. It was very close tho but what ever I finished it, took me 26:08.08 yea I am the defensive player

L.A. Noir [1000/1400] Castlevania: LOS [1000/1270]

Proudest achievement
Vanquish Tactical Challenges

R34L91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #17
handy723

handy723's Gamercard
Still can't get it....I can consistently get to round 5 and can take out the balls without an issue. Can't seem to dodge enough for the bogeys to get me before I can take one of them out. I've gotten as far as about 3/4 life down on one before I get cornered somehow. So frustrating.
handy723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #18
macd

MacDofGlasgow's Gamercard
I might just give it a miss given what people are saying. I'd like the last achievement but I have such a backlog and am so busy at work that I might as well cut my losses

macd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
igor360

versus festival's Gamercard
I did and it was the most frustrating things ever. Never again!
igor360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
Ishtiyaq786

Ishtiyaq786's Gamercard
Got this achievement today. 17minutes.
Thats me 100% completed. The advice I would give is not to follow too closely some of the youtube clips done by the 'professional' gamers. the ones who did it with a sub 5 minute run must have toiled away to complete the challenge like the rest of us and then tinkered with their strategy and their style of play to squeeze as much out of their performance.
Its better if you graft your way to the final wave and try to learn at least one lesson each time you get killed.
Thats what i did and today i had a revelation about how to deal with those bogeys, to the point that i think i have an effective strategy to beat them that isn't available from all the youtube clips i've seen, and can be done by any competent game player.
I might upload a clip, but i can help you out with what worked for me, if you're having trouble message me - GT Ishtiyaq786
Ishtiyaq786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:09 AM   #21
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I DID IT!!!!!

Bogey Bravo got stuck behind an obstacle and was unable to move out for most of the time, allowing me to kill Bogey Alpha quickly.

Just when I wore Bravo's HP down to half with the Assault Rifle it suddenly freed itself, but with it the only enemy left I didn't find it too hard to use my HMG to keep fighting. Finished it with a boost kick + a few more rounds!

Luck was finally with me, though strictly speaking I didn't really complete the challenge very legitimately.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata
1st Xbox One game: Child of Light

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

Last edited by ImaginaryRuins; 08-05-2014 at 02:28 PM.
ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #22
CIF

BloodngunsMrphy's Gamercard
So I re-purchased the game, played through and spent about a day and a half trying this. I got to wave 5 about five times, always getting overwhelmed by the ball-bots.

Finally the stars aligned around 20 minutes ago: I had 3(!) EMPs left for wave 5, full rockets, and hadn't used either LOL at all, plus 2 ciggies. Used one EMP to stun half them at the start, killed blue Bogey with rockets and LOL, finished off Red with the second LOL and the assault rifle. Him nailing two separate swipes at me actually gave me just enough slow-mo to kill him. I shrieked with joy when he fell.