Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Installing discs 2,3 and 4?

When I pull up details on the game on disc 2 it gives me no option to install. Had no problems installing disc 1 of the game. Please dont tell me I have to endure the rest of the game with a whirring disc in the background.

Edit: It appears you have to uninstall disc 1 to install disc 2 and im assuming the same goes for disc 3 and 4 as well. I was hoping I could install it all in one go but I guess you have to save and dashboard at the end of each disc. A minor inconvenience for such a great jrpg but still its a little odd considering other games like L.A. Noire let you install all of its discs at once.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton

Last edited by Bum Commando; 06-19-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's a long time ago since i played the game, but i'm pretty sure that i installed all the discs. Not sure if anyone else had this problem.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:25 AM   #3
rekikire

rekikire x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer   GSL 10 Winner   GSL 10 MVP   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I installed all of the discs at the same time just a few weeks ago when I played the game. No issues here.
rekikire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
zhoban

zhoban's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekikire View Post
I installed all of the discs at the same time just a few weeks ago when I played the game. No issues here.
Same here, I downloaded them all at the same time both times I decided to play the game.

"I was weak, that's why I needed you. I needed someone to punish me for my sins. But that's all over now, I know the truth. Now it's time to end this." - James Sunderland (Silent Hill 2)

zhoban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thats weird because it wouldnt allow me to install more than one disc at a time.

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
Kristabelle

Grumblejay's Gamercard
I also installed all disks at the same time with no problem.
Kristabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
chrcoluk

chrcoluk's Gamercard
I have all 4 installed and am currently playing the game now, like all multidisc games due to draconian copy protection they still have to be swapped when playing the game but apart from that the hdd gets used.

Basically insert disc 1, press the button to load the info (not the game) choose install, swap to disc 2 and repeat, repeat process for 3 and 4.

If you use the memory disc to watch the cutscenes that still requires disc swapping as well very annoying. So installing to hdd doesnt remove the requirement to swap discs. But does reduce noise during gameplay and decrease loading times.
chrcoluk is offline   Reply With Quote