Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > DiRT Showdown
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon's Gamercard
Head 2 Head is impossible!!?

I'm find most events to be a fair challenge and get 1st after a few tries if not immediately, but Head 2 Head is just impossible? I can only pull off 2 out of 12 tricks and always lose.

Any tips? I can't do the Donuts at all.
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Not sure why you are having problems with any of the other tricks, but performing donuts isn't too hard. Once you get them down they're a piece of cake. I found the Hard Target event to be more difficult then any Head to Heads. You can also turn down the difficulty at the Main Menu.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Not sure why you are having problems with any of the other tricks, but performing donuts isn't too hard. Once you get them down they're a piece of cake. I found the Hard Target event to be more difficult then any Head to Heads. You can also turn down the difficulty at the Main Menu.
I figured out my problem. First, I did not realize you had to do the tricks in order before moving on to the next one. Second, I finally figured out how to donut. You can't just hold B, you sort of need to tap-hold every other second. Almost like 1 second hold B, one second release B, rinse and repeat.

Hopefully this helps anyone else stuck on this mode, because I'm a Dirt vet and was pulling my hair out!
ElektroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Bazajaytee

Bazajaytee's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Use the Ford Fiesta, it is easiest to do donuts with. The Scooby just doesn't spin.

When you approach the donut just hit B for handbrake (don't hold it or you'll just stop) but tap it and when you steer it will start the slide, steer in to the turn and feather the throttle to donut under control.. Using full throttle will just make your donut go wide and you'll lose time.

Use boost when possible.

I found these most unforgiving too but you have to figure out the optimim direction to dounut in and when to boost and you'll beat Ken Block by a couple of seconds when done right.
Bazajaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
The Rook

X The Rook x's Gamercard
I found the best way to do the donuts was to turn into the turn, press B to handbrake, adjust your turning circle depending on how tight/wide you want then let go of the stick and just hold accelerate.

No need to feather throttle or pattern tapping B.

I guess whatever works for you though.
The Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
Reniu

ReniuPL's Gamercard
For me best method after handrake is hard turn, than tapping throttle few times, when car starts to spin like insane. Now you have to only work on good control car where to spin
Old 06-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Marketman316

Marketman316's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rook View Post
I found the best way to do the donuts was to turn into the turn, press B to handbrake, adjust your turning circle depending on how tight/wide you want then let go of the stick and just hold accelerate.

No need to feather throttle or pattern tapping B.

I guess whatever works for you though.
That method worked for me too, it's like the game does it for you-takes some getting used to