PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Is it worth it?

Hello everyone,

I'm just a huge RE fan, played everything since first including survivor titles but that's about the past.

Was never interested in this game at first place. looked like cheap L4D clone, but after all that said is it worthy title for RE fan or can I skip it without worrying a damn and wait for AWESOME RE 6
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
wildryman

Send a message via Yahoo to wildryman

wildryman's Gamercard
I ama huge re fan and i like the game. So parts are a pain but over all a fun game
wildryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm a big RE fan as well, but I didn't really enjoy this one too much. Game was way too short for my liking.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Pakhair

Pakhair's Gamercard
Thank you for your responses guys but it seems that I haven't found a clear cut answer, So will wait for more replies.

+ Does the story has o do anything with RE world
Pakhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Kailon791

Kailon791's Gamercard
I just got the game today and I would say its worth it for the price I paid. Today you can get it new at Bestbuy.com for 17 bucks and its well worth it. Its not the greatest resident evil, but its not the worst. Yeah it does tie into the resident evil universe so its worth at least a rent from a true fan. But for the 20 bucks I paid for it, I would say its worth a buy.

100% Retail: Mass Effect 3 (1550), Mass Effect 2 (1355), Fallout 3 (1550), Assassin's Creed II, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (1000), Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man EoT, Resident Evil 4 HD, Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs (1225), Bioshock Infinite (1000), Deadpool,

100% Arcade: Shadow Complex, Monday Night Combat, DR2C:0, Battlefield 1943, Bastion, THPS HD, SP Tennorman, The Walking Dead, BG&E HD, Castlevania SOTN, FC3:BD, Brothers ToTS, Dust ET
Kailon791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #6
i fist brown i

i fist brown i's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailon791 View Post
I just got the game today and I would say its worth it for the price I paid. Today you can get it new at Bestbuy.com for 17 bucks and its well worth it. Its not the greatest resident evil, but its not the worst. Yeah it does tie into the resident evil universe so its worth at least a rent from a true fan. But for the 20 bucks I paid for it, I would say its worth a buy.
DAMN! i hope they're still doing this tomorrow! i just went to the website and whenever i add it to my cart it changes the price to $60, but the sales price is 17.99.

do you know if they'll be doing this tomorrow? if so im going to go up and pick it up. For $20 i wouldnt care if the game sucks balls, its getting to the point where you cant even get an xbla game that cheap, but to get a SEMI-NEW (could be terrible) retail game for that cheap is a blessing.
i fist brown i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #7
lerodemmy

Lero The Legend's Gamercard
Yes it's worth it. I had the most fun with the Spec Ops DLC missions.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
The multiplayer server can be a huuuuuuge pain at times (players and zombies glitching, people cheating), but the campaigns are a lot of fun, especially with others. Many of the achievements are pretty easy to get as well, aside from the notorious S+ on all missions.

In terms of the storyline it's like an interlude between 2 and 3. Birkin, HUNK, Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, etc.

So yeah, it's a fun game to tide yourself over until RE6. :]
Old 06-17-2012, 06:08 AM   #9
Captainlego24

Well i really liked the game it is in my 5 favorites but if you are looking for something like Resident 4 or 5 this is not your game this is like Gears of war a total shooter but its really fun you can spend 3 or 4 hours shooting zombies playing multiplayer its pretty fun and a frenetic game so yeah its worth buying it .
Captainlego24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
For full retail? No, it's not. If you see it for twenty bucks, I'd say get it. I was disappointed in it. So much wasted potential. But it was nice to visit Raccoon City again, you will get some nostalgia trips. And it was pretty fun the first time through, especially if you have a friend to go through it with.

But it will only take you five hours, if that to beat it. I haven't played the Spec Ops campaign but that would be another 20 bucks to try it out. I have heard it's better though.

Honestly once all these new games come out, I'll pick it up again and the DLC. I'm on a quest to get all the resident evil games.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
SpectreSoldier

Yakuza Warlord's Gamercard
For me is a good game, it has a lot of potentialy, my main complaint in that the game; the campaign is too short. I bought it yesterday and I finished it this morning.
SpectreSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #12
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

I've been a fan of RE since '97 and this game puts the series to shame in terms of story and setting. The gameplay is ok for what it is.

One of the things that got me hyped was hearing that Nemesis was gonna be in it. When I fought him it felt like taking out a retarded stationary turret. So I gave the Prologue DLC mission a chance because I read that you encounter hiim chasing Jill.

Then I was disappointed AGAIN because he's just as retarded as the previous encounter. Nemesis put the fear in you in RE3 and in this game he's just a bullet sponge that can shoot a tentacle at you like Scorpion.

The setting is like 50% accurate. In the description for the game it said that you'll re-visit old locations from RE2 and RE3. So when I found out that the Kendo Gun Shop is just a decoration on the side of a building I was disappointed.

The only thing almost accurate about the RPD is the main hall. You'll be able to go to the Dead Factory, but it's nothing like you remembered in RE3. There are other places you visit, but they feel nothing like they did from the games.

Another description was being able to kill characters from the main series. Technically if you choose to do that you only kill two people and one of them you don't do manually. It's nothing how I imagined the description to be.

The DLC has you playing as the Spec-Ops with the same number of missions as the U.S.S. These missions come in two packs that cost $10 each and are just recycled areas of the U.S.S. missions. Another great disappointment there. So instead of buying them I just watched gameplay on youtube and that was good enough for me.

The only thing you can possibly like about the game is the mediocre shooting, if that's even something you can appreciate. I feel like a fucking retard paying $60 for this game instead of getting Mass Effect 3 the more I think about it...
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #13
Stefanotx

stefanotx's Gamercard
Small campaign
No inventory
Skills System
I didnt like the shooting/aiming system. It sucks!
Go back to RE 5 and re-play it. Much better!
Stefanotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
Birdassasin

Birdassasin's Gamercard
I just finished my run of the campaign. For 20 EUR.... eeeh, maybe for a hardcore RE fan this might be worth it, but for me I felt a bit dissapointed. Setup is great and has a lot of potential, but it seems, that game was rushed out.

Combat has problems: most of the guns sound and feel under powered, larger enemies can easily lock you with their more powerful attacks in a loop and SpecOps can decimate you in seconds if you aren't careful. The cover mechanic is alright, but buggy as hell. I lost count how many times i got killed by by throwing grenade/ pheromone bottle (I used Four Eyes for most of the campaign) at my face while going to cover and getting blown up or ripped apart by zombies.

Story is pretty interesting, but the dull voice acting and lifeless Wolfpack makes it a chore. The ending was also pretty cool idea, but it felt like a last minute idea. The cutscene before the final battle felt like it had been cut in half and missing a lot of dialogue. And yeah, it's cool to see some of the characters from earlier games in this, but they came up mostly either too late or not developed at all (Nemesis.... >:|)

Overall, if you're a fan of RE franchise, you might like this. For me, I rather play RE5 again.

100% Retails:
Sonic Generations, Viva Piņata, Splatterhouse, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Alone In The Dark, Lego Batman, Tekken 6, Rock Band 2, Asssassins Creed 2, Dead Space, Call Of Duty 4, DJ Hero, Saw, King Kong

100% Arcade:
Soul Calibur, Zombie Apocalypse, Harm's Way, Doritos Crash Course, Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Birdassasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Nope.. Don't buy this game, You'd be better off throwing rocks at a wall for entertainment than playing this game.. terrible.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
SKETCHYZOMBIE

SKETCHYZOMBIE's Gamercard
I Didn't think the game was all that great but i paid $4 for it from Gamefly now that's worth it!
SKETCHYZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #17
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
If you're paying very cheap, then yeah, it's really fun at points.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
SKETCHYZOMBIE

SKETCHYZOMBIE's Gamercard
Biggest issue I had was the aim is horrible especially while in cover.
SKETCHYZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #19
Doc Lolly

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
yes buy it grab a buddy and have a blast

going kerouac on everybody's ass for 21 years
Doc Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #20
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
One of the worst piles of shit i've ever played! I gave up on mission 7 because it's absolutely no fun, and playing solo is excruciating because your AI team mates are so bad! I rented it, but I would have happily paid full price just to set fire to the disk and watch it burn!

Grow old never grow up
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:35 AM   #21
Jet1337

Jet1337's Gamercard

I think I said this before, but this game is a total disappointment to any hardcore RE fan. If I were you, I'd get the japanese version of RE: Outbreak because some guys got private servers for the network mode. That's as good as RE online gets. I just got the first Outbreak going on my pc and I'm using my Xbone controller. It works pretty good for that game.