PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
ShadowSonic85
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 101

KillSteelTex's Gamercard
Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U!?!?

Ok this is something I didn't see coming when I saw Nintendo's presentation yesterday.

From what I saw Mass Effect 3 is coming to the Wii U and when the game was shown on the 3rd party games montage there was a huge applause from the crowd.

Though it's suprising to see this hitting a Nintendo console. I thought it was supposed to stay on the 360 and go to the PS3 to give the PS players a go at the game.

I know you all are 360 people who play Mass Effect 3 but do you think this was smart move? I normally don't pay attention to Nintendo's part of E3 unless something big is coming (like the Wii U...which since ME3 is coming I might just get it so I can play it on the go)
__________________
100% in Retail Games: Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2, Dead Rising 2, Lego Batman, Mass Effect 2, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 3

100% in Arcade: Dead Rising 2: Case 0, Dead Rising 2: Case West, Minecraft: 360 Edition
ShadowSonic85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Warstorm Lord
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 163
I don't really care, since I'm not planning in getting a Wii U and I'll stick to my XBox 360/Playstation 3 until the release of Xbox 720. Maybe it's good idea to release ME3 on Wii U, because more money for BioWare means they will have a higher budget for following titles. But Mass Effect 3 isn't the only game where a release is quite surprising.Dark Siders 2, Batman: Arkham City, Ninja Gaiden 3 or Assassine's Creed 3 to mention a few.
Warstorm Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
D-star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 291

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSonic85 View Post
like the Wii U...which since ME3 is coming I might just get it so I can play it on the go
What do you mean by, "on the go"?

The Wii U console just streams the video to the Wii U Gamepad and I don't think that will be supported on every game. I am guessing the video stream will only work at the maximum 30ft away from the console.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,246

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Big games on nintendo suck. There meant for games like pokemon, zelda ect not blockbusters. Why would anyone want to play me3 on wii when then can on xbox is beyond me
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:42 PM   #5
ShadowSonic85
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 101

KillSteelTex's Gamercard
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Big games on nintendo suck. There meant for games like pokemon, zelda ect not blockbusters. Why would anyone want to play me3 on wii when then can on xbox is beyond me
now that I can agree with
__________________
100% in Retail Games: Final Fantasy XIII / XIII-2, Dead Rising 2, Lego Batman, Mass Effect 2, Halo: CE Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo Reach, Mass Effect 3

100% in Arcade: Dead Rising 2: Case 0, Dead Rising 2: Case West, Minecraft: 360 Edition
ShadowSonic85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xTGMx INF3RNO View Post
Big games on nintendo suck. There meant for games like pokemon, zelda ect not blockbusters. Why would anyone want to play me3 on wii when then can on xbox is beyond me
What the hell am I reading? Firstly games like Pokemon and Zelda are blockbusters (they'll outhype and outsell Mass Effect any day every day). Secondly if you look back a whopping one generation, you'll see/remember that the Gamecube was a bigger console than the Xbox, selling more systems and having tons more big titles; and before that, Nintendo was the video game company while Microsoft wasn't even in the game.

Nintendo is not the bastard child of video game consoles, there is no reason whatsoever big titles shouldn't be on the Wii U.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #7
I3east Lig3r
 
I3east Lig3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 817

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I want it on my Atari, not Wii U or Xbox.
__________________

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
blackhandgang
 
blackhandgang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 194

blackhandgang's Gamercard
For EA, I think it is a good move. The more places they can port a game, the more money they make. Simple business 101.

Horrible for Xbox. They keep losing exclusive IPs and the more systems that play the high end titles, the less likely they are going to keep people convinced they need an Xbox.
__________________




Completed Games (7): AC II, Civ Rev, LEGO Batman, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Star Wars: TCS, LEGO Star Wars III, Viva Pinata
blackhandgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhandgang View Post
Horrible for Xbox. They keep losing exclusive IPs and the more systems that play the high end titles, the less likely they are going to keep people convinced they need an Xbox.
What IP is the Xbox losing to the Wii U exactly? Mass Effect hasn't been exclusive since 1 and that got ported to the PC, did you not notice until this announcement?
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-07-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Burnout x360a
 
Burnout x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhandgang View Post
For EA, I think it is a good move. The more places they can port a game, the more money they make. Simple business 101.

Horrible for Xbox. They keep losing exclusive IPs and the more systems that play the high end titles, the less likely they are going to keep people convinced they need an Xbox.
Yeah right because Mass Effect is really exclusive, that's why it's on PC and PS3.
__________________


^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
mrj3d
 
mrj3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 1,403

FrehleyzComet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can't say I care. If I get a Wii U at all it'll be for my kids and they're too little to be interested in Mass Effect.
__________________
mrj3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #12
blackhandgang
 
blackhandgang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 194

blackhandgang's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Yeah right because Mass Effect is really exclusive, that's why it's on PC and PS3.
What I was trying to say, is that if the Wii U is going to handle games like Mass Effect 3, Nintendo is going to more of a competitor all around opposed to just cornering the casual market. People will need a reason to buy an Xbox or Xbox titles. It's not doing anything to set it apart and it has a scant number of exclusive IPs to pull them in. The only ones talked at E3 were Halo, Gears of War, and Forza. PCs I never saw as competitors, they are like 3DS and Vitas for Microsoft. When it was just PS3 games were taking away from Xbox, it was one thing because there were flaws to both systems, especially after the PSN problem. But if nintendo is going to back stronger into the 'core games, Xbox really has nothing to stop them from taking players.
__________________




Completed Games (7): AC II, Civ Rev, LEGO Batman, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Star Wars: TCS, LEGO Star Wars III, Viva Pinata
blackhandgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #13
Xavier0080
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 236

Xavier0080's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhandgang View Post
What I was trying to say, is that if the Wii U is going to handle games like Mass Effect 3, Nintendo is going to more of a competitor all around opposed to just cornering the casual market. People will need a reason to buy an Xbox or Xbox titles. It's not doing anything to set it apart and it has a scant number of exclusive IPs to pull them in. The only ones talked at E3 were Halo, Gears of War, and Forza. PCs I never saw as competitors, they are like 3DS and Vitas for Microsoft. When it was just PS3 games were taking away from Xbox, it was one thing because there were flaws to both systems, especially after the PSN problem. But if nintendo is going to back stronger into the 'core games, Xbox really has nothing to stop them from taking players.
Couple of counterpoints I'd like to make.

1) Nintendo will be behind again next year. While the WiiU will be able to "handle" games like ME3, it certainly won't be able to handle stuff that the next Xbox/PS4 will. Once again, they'll have Nintendo 1st party titles and shoddy ports/old games. (They showed off Batman:AC during their press conference. I beat that game 8 months ago.)

2) If a game is PC/"X Platform", it might as well be an exclusive for that platform since for most titles, the console has the bigger market share than PC enthusiasts.

3) Nintendo has lost their edge, and it doesn't seem to understand how to get it back. They had THREE conferences at E3, and delivered ZERO surprises that are relevant to the Nintendo hardcore (No new Mario/Zelda/Star Fox/Metroid/Smash Bros/Mario Kart, etc.) All three conferences were terrible, but Nintendo was announcing new hardware. They should have been able to clean the floor with Sony/MS, and the most exciting game for WiiU is ZombiU, which has already been stated to possibly work on other systems due to the Vita/SmartGlass.

Nintendo will continue to sell their consoles to Nintendo fans, and that's about it. The Wii was lightning in a bottle, and I doubt people will fall for that twice. Their upper management in Japan just doesn't stay up to date on what consumers want anymore. Nintendo is a dying company that needs to turn itself around. The Wii stuffed its coffers with cash but they can't live off that forever.
Xavier0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhandgang View Post
When it was just PS3 games were taking away from Xbox, it was one thing because there were flaws to both systems, especially after the PSN problem.
Not one game has become Xbox exclusive over the PSN problem, I don't see how that's relevant to anything at all.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #15
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,559

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltFoot85 View Post
I'm not worried about it on wii-u it'll have been out for months when it's released on wii, so everyone will have played it and they'll likely sell 2 copies, nd Nintendo may have been the big console company, but now, they suck bad, one of their games are ever recievedwell, they're boring. Shovel ware, Nintendo needs to die out now as when the next generation of consoles are released, they'll be behind again and their sales will drop massively, while I stand cheering. I have a wii, I NeVER play it now as every game released is trash
What makes you think their sales will drop? The Wii may not have the same kind of library as the Xbox and PS3 but it has still outsold both systems by a long shot, despite being the last console to come out!

Xbox: 67 million units sold
PS3: 63 million units sold
Wii: 96 million units sold

Why will that be any different next generation? Because you say so or...? And let's not even get into the handheld market, which Nintendo practically owns. If you consider that and really think that they're just going to vanish, I don't know what to tell you.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 06-08-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #16
PoMoGub
 
PoMoGub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 208

PoMoGub's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Why will that be any different next generation? Because you say so or...? And let's not even get into the handheld market, which Nintendo practically owns. If you consider that and really think that they're just going to vanish, I don't know what to tell you.
Xavior briefly covered it, but I'll elaborate. The Wii was an unstoppable hype train that got tons of people on board, but that was for clear reasons. It was cheap, had a flashy gimmick and was marketed to a much wider audience. The Wii U is completely different. Is it going to be cheap? Unlikely, unless they sell it at a massive loss. Does it have a gimmick to attract the whole family? I suppose you could say the controller, but that's in no way as appealing as motion controls. Lastly, Nintendo seems to be refocusing on core gamers, but it's a bit late for that. Sure, there are plenty of die-hard Nintendo fans, but many of us have already written them off because they weren't marketing to us any longer. It also doesn't help that many of the games they're showing off are 8-month old ports.

Obviously, Nintendo is not going to vanish, but it seems clear to me that the Wii U is not going to be a resounding success like the Wii was. Why do you think Nintendo's stock fell to a 5-year low immediately after the announcement?
__________________

Last edited by PoMoGub; 06-09-2012 at 03:18 AM.
PoMoGub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
Sinfulfate
 
Sinfulfate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 152

Sinfulfate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
What the hell am I reading? Firstly games like Pokemon and Zelda are blockbusters (they'll outhype and outsell Mass Effect any day every day). Secondly if you look back a whopping one generation, you'll see/remember that the Gamecube was a bigger console than the Xbox, selling more systems and having tons more big titles; and before that, Nintendo was the video game company while Microsoft wasn't even in the game.

Nintendo is not the bastard child of video game consoles, there is no reason whatsoever big titles shouldn't be on the Wii U.
False. The xbox outsold the gamecube worldwide.


I really don't understand why Mass Effect 3 is coming to Wii U. Why bring only the third game of a trilogy to Wii U? At the very least bundle it with Mass Effect 2 so Nintendo fans can have the same experience as PS3 gamers. Seems like a really bizarre move but I guess EA is just trying to make as much money as they can with a game that's already finished.
__________________
Sinfulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #18
Xavier0080
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 236

Xavier0080's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
What makes you think their sales will drop? The Wii may not have the same kind of library as the Xbox and PS3 but it has still outsold both systems by a long shot, despite being the last console to come out!

Xbox: 67 million units sold
PS3: 63 million units sold
Wii: 96 million units sold

Why will that be any different next generation? Because you say so or...? And let's not even get into the handheld market, which Nintendo practically owns. If you consider that and really think that they're just going to vanish, I don't know what to tell you.
Nintendo, as stated before, caught lightning in a bottle with the Wii. It had a huge following for 3-4 years, then had a huge crash. The 3DS was released and had a price drop within 4 months, after which it had the 3DS selling at a loss, which is something Nintendo never does. This year was the first time since 1984 (some time around then) that Nintendo has posted an operating loss. They are in trouble right now if they don't start keeping up with the competition.

They've got a lot of money right now thanks to the Wii's good years, but they'll run out of that if they don't start a profitable business model soon. They were the one company that had a new system to show off at E3, so it shouldnt take a lot for them to have swept the show, ESPECIALLY considering all three conferences were relatively weak (Personally I think Ubisoft won E3). They failed to deliver anything really exciting or tell people why they should buy a WiiU (other than ZombiU, which does look really good).

Last point of fact, Nintendo doesn't own the handheld market, Apple does (and they're not even trying for it). People just don't want to carry around multiple devices anymore. They'd much rather have a gaming device/phone/mp3 player/internet device/personal assistant in one device.

To sum it up, Nintendo is in trouble next gen, and it's probably due to their upper management. They are very slow to adopt good ideas that aren't theirs, and they're not keeping up with changing market conditions.
Xavier0080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #19
The Game 2k12
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 24

The Game 2k12's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier0080 View Post
Nintendo, as stated before, caught lightning in a bottle with the Wii. It had a huge following for 3-4 years, then had a huge crash. The 3DS was released and had a price drop within 4 months, after which it had the 3DS selling at a loss, which is something Nintendo never does. This year was the first time since 1984 (some time around then) that Nintendo has posted an operating loss. They are in trouble right now if they don't start keeping up with the competition.

They've got a lot of money right now thanks to the Wii's good years, but they'll run out of that if they don't start a profitable business model soon. They were the one company that had a new system to show off at E3, so it shouldnt take a lot for them to have swept the show, ESPECIALLY considering all three conferences were relatively weak (Personally I think Ubisoft won E3). They failed to deliver anything really exciting or tell people why they should buy a WiiU (other than ZombiU, which does look really good).

Last point of fact, Nintendo doesn't own the handheld market, Apple does (and they're not even trying for it). People just don't want to carry around multiple devices anymore. They'd much rather have a gaming device/phone/mp3 player/internet device/personal assistant in one device.

To sum it up, Nintendo is in trouble next gen, and it's probably due to their upper management. They are very slow to adopt good ideas that aren't theirs, and they're not keeping up with changing market conditions.
Most companies steal outright or mimic their ideas more so sony than microsoft but you wouldnt have kinect or smart glass with out nintendo influence.
The Game 2k12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
jules the great
 
jules the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,211
Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
My wife will be getting a Wii U and if there is an achievement/trophy system and I have nothing else to play at the moment on PS3 or 360 then I will do it all over again for sh*ts and giggles.
__________________
jules the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,467

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Nintendo is good for two things in the year 2012:

1. Nostalgia.
2. Handheld gaming.

The Wii-U looks like shit. The name of the console is terrible, the thing is ugly as hell, and that tablet/controller looks like it will be excellent to play shovelware with for seventeen minutes before I start fiending for a real controller. Oh, and the online friend code exchange making a return is another brilliant move. It reminds me of when the Wii released and Nintendo claimed it wasn't in HD because they didn't believe that many people would be buying HD televisions. They probably still don't believe that online multiplayer is appealing to folks either. Time to grow up Nintendo.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #22
xTGMx INF3RNO
 
xTGMx INF3RNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bedfordshire, UK
Posts: 5,246

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhandgang View Post
For EA, I think it is a good move. The more places they can port a game, the more money they make. Simple business 101.

Horrible for Xbox. They keep losing exclusive IPs and the more systems that play the high end titles, the less likely they are going to keep people convinced they need an Xbox.
Nah. Xbox is by far the superior console now. There really is no need for a ps3 at all and wii's are only there for zelda and the fun family stuff which kinect can provide.
__________________


xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:26 AM   #23
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
To be honest, I bitched when they announced ME2 for the PS3. Not because they were getting ME2, but because it made no sense playing 2 when they never even played 1 or got to make all of the game-altering choices. It made no sense for this, of all series, to be ported to another console mid-series.

Sadly, however, given the nature of ME3 and their blatant neglect of every decision you made in the first 2 games influencing the overall final outcome of ME3, I don't see why not. Might as well give the Wii U ME3 because they'll still be getting the full experience that we got. I would have a bigger attitude problem if they announced ME2 for the Wii U than I would ME3. ME1 was the flawed, but nostalgia-driven original and ME2 was the best in the series hands down. They belong together and it's a crime to have one and not the other. ME3, fun as it was, just doesn't compare.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #24
D-star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 291

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Sadly, however, given the nature of ME3 and their blatant neglect of every decision you made in the first 2 games influencing the overall final outcome of ME3, I don't see why not. Might as well give the Wii U ME3 because they'll still be getting the full experience that we got. I would have a bigger attitude problem if they announced ME2 for the Wii U than I would ME3. ME1 was the flawed, but nostalgia-driven original and ME2 was the best in the series hands down. They belong together and it's a crime to have one and not the other. ME3, fun as it was, just doesn't compare.
My friend started playing ME3 with no saved game and it is really built to not need the other 2 games. You can also make the game have no decisions and go full cutscene mode.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #25
DEG23
Listening to 1989
 
DEG23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 4,816

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I would have a bigger attitude problem if they announced ME2 for the Wii U than I would ME3. ME1 was the flawed, but nostalgia-driven original and ME2 was the best in the series hands down. They belong together and it's a crime to have one and not the other. ME3, fun as it was, just doesn't compare.
Maybe because it was the first but i’ve always felt ME1 was the best. I was disappointed with ME2 despite Bioware fixing the flaws in ME1. I still believe everyone needs to play ME1 to experience the true Mass Effect. Although i do agree with ME2 and ME3 being closer together.

I wonder if Nintendo will add their own ending, “Sorry Shepard, the reapers are in another castle.”
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #26
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Maybe because it was the first but i’ve always felt ME1 was the best. I was disappointed with ME2 despite Bioware fixing the flaws in ME1. I still believe everyone needs to play ME1 to experience the true Mass Effect. Although i do agree with ME2 and ME3 being closer together.

I wonder if Nintendo will add their own ending, “Sorry Shepard, the reapers are in another castle.”
ME1 and ME2 both had their inherent strength against each other. ME1 was far superior in the story, dialog, and RPG elements. ME2 had better gameplay, controls, side missions and character development. I strongly feel that both games are necessary for a full Mass Effect experience. ME3 just doesn't give the same vibe that the first two did. Honestly I kind of wish they could've just kept adding DLC to Mass Effect 2.

They could've even worked the DLC up to the events of the Reaper Invasion and it's conclusion. I almost would've preferred it that way and I think it would've even been cheaper for EA to produce. DLC for a pre-existing engine is cheap to make and enough expansion packs we would've ended up paying more than the $60 we did for ME3. Earth and Mars, Genophage and Cerberus Attack, Rannoch, Thessia and Cerberus Station, Final Earth Assault. $15 each and 5 packs would've been $75 for ME3's basic campaign in addition to the other add-ons they could've offered us.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #27
D-star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 291

AntenDeathStar's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
ME1 and ME2 both had their inherent strength against each other. ME1 was far superior in the story, dialog, and RPG elements. ME2 had better gameplay, controls, side missions and character development. I strongly feel that both games are necessary for a full Mass Effect experience. ME3 just doesn't give the same vibe that the first two did. Honestly I kind of wish they could've just kept adding DLC to Mass Effect 2.
As much as i would love to disagree with you it is true on ME2. I hate that they stripped the RPG elements but I think the story was really good and a great continuation of the story. There is usually a lot of hate for the second iteration in a trilogy because it basically just acts as a bridge to the first and the third not really advancing the story. Though with Mass Effect 2 it let you see the seedy underbelly of the universe and do more than you could with the Alliance.

Where people generally dislike the middle of the trilogy I generally dislike the end. Usually the end feels so rushed like you have to come to the conclusion too quickly. I don't think ME3 was too rushed I guess but I think it was too lacking in missions. I think it took around 40 hours to beat but I think a lot of the N7 missions were just bland and the stand out missions likewith Krogan and Quarians/Geth were superb but more like fan-service compared to the actual overall conclusion of the game and series as a whole.
D-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #28
Drewdude1023
 
Drewdude1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 649

Drewdude1023's Gamercard
I really don't see how the Wii U is going to create any real competition. They're a generation behind and I think the only people who would get these games for the Wii U are people who ONLY have the Wii U. They don't have much of a chance attracting hardcore gamers who would rather play games on XBox/PS4/PC. Releasing hardcore games just won't work unless they stop with the dumb gimmicks, take a generation off to develop (which obviously is a dumb fiscal move because they won't make as much profit) and release something superbly BA come the following generation. Nintendo doesn't have IPs like Gears or Halo to support it. CoD players will almost certainly opt to play it on XBox/PS4/PC if given the choice. Sorry for Nintendo fans out there, but I just don't think the Wii U has a chance.

And if Nintendo eventually goes the way of Sega and stops making consoles, perhaps Apple will join in the console race? Apple machines are impressive and I hope we can one day see what they can do for consoles.
Drewdude1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #29
WalterWhite
 
WalterWhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 5,467

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewdude1023 View Post
I really don't see how the Wii U is going to create any real competition. They're a generation behind and I think the only people who would get these games for the Wii U are people who ONLY have the Wii U. They don't have much of a chance attracting hardcore gamers who would rather play games on XBox/PS4/PC. Releasing hardcore games just won't work unless they stop with the dumb gimmicks, take a generation off to develop (which obviously is a dumb fiscal move because they won't make as much profit) and release something superbly BA come the following generation. Nintendo doesn't have IPs like Gears or Halo to support it. CoD players will almost certainly opt to play it on XBox/PS4/PC if given the choice. Sorry for Nintendo fans out there, but I just don't think the Wii U has a chance.

And if Nintendo eventually goes the way of Sega and stops making consoles, perhaps Apple will join in the console race? Apple machines are impressive and I hope we can one day see what they can do for consoles.
I agree with most of this except that Nintendo doesn't have the IP's comment. Seriously dude? Nintendo defines intellectual properties. Mario? I'm not going to list them, you know what I'm saying. What I don't like is all the gimmicky bullshit. I love Zelda but I couldn't force myself to finish Twilight Princess after awhile because I got tired of waving my arm around and wanted a controller. And not a controller plugged into a controller that's plugged into a controller. Again, gimmick.

What I'll say in their defense is that Nintendo has basically stayed the same all these years making great games for kids, mostly. I love that they have done that but I've grown up so it doesn't have the appeal it once did. I want it to, I wish it did, and it could. If they made me a nice high-definition Zelda game. I didn't spend thousands of dollars on home theater equipment to hook up a Wii and have it look like shit. And if Nintendo knew anything about what fans really wanted, their potential equivalent of XBOX Live could put both Microsoft and Sony to shame real fucking quick. HD remakes of NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games... They wouldn't need an original IP outside of that if they had a functional online marketplace like the 360 does and flooded it with those titles.

I know this is way off topic and way out of place here but hey whatever. I like gaming and when the big three do shit right it's better for all of us. And as far as the Apple comment, that would be a dream come true.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 06-21-2012 at 02:16 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #30
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I can only pray that Nintendo goes the way of Sega. Their hardware has gone downhill over recent years, but their software is still top notch. I would love to see them begin releasing their IPs on Xbox and Playstation. I read an article earlier about how Miyamoto is concerned about games being too focused on weapons and violence. If they were to release their own games on multiple consoles, they would be reaching a much larger demographic and furthering their goals.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 AM.